- Data Science Dividends – A Gentle Introduction to Financial Data Analysis - Apr 24, 2017.
This post outlines some very basic methods for performing financial data analysis using Python, Pandas, and Matplotlib, focusing mainly on stock price data. A good place for beginners to start.
Pages: 1 2
- Chief Data Officer, Financial Services, San Francisco, April 26 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 7, 2017.
Chief Data Officer, Financial Services, West is coming to San Francisco on April 26th. Corinium Global Intelligence and KDnuggets would like to offer you an exclusive 30% discount to join us. Save over $500 using discount code KD30 during registration.
- Join Deep Learning Leaders in London, June 1-2 (KDnuggets Offer) - Mar 30, 2017.
400+ leading experts and business executives convene at the Deep Learning in Finance & Retail and Advertising Summits, London, June 1-2. KDnuggets subscribers get 20% off with code KDNUGGETS.
- Unsupervised Investments: A Comprehensive Guide to AI Investors - Mar 24, 2017.
This article presents a list of 80 funds investing in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Chief Data Officer, Financial Services/Insurance, NYC, March 28-29 – KDnuggets Offer - Mar 20, 2017.
These are the MUST attend data events in the FS & Insurance worlds - the combination of our senior attendees, and dedicated, directly relevant industry focus. Use code KD30 for 30% off.
- Senior Data Scientist (Inv / Risk / Marketing) NY & BOS | Recent PhD - Feb 10, 2017.
This position will have a start-up feel with challenging problems utilizing decision analytics that will make a massive impact on the bottom line after the products are launched. MULTIPLE ROLES.
- Signal Ocean: Quantitative/Data Scientist - Jan 14, 2017.
Looking for world-class researcher with an obsession for data analysis and the pursuit of hidden knowledge in financial markets.
- Data Hoarding and Alternative Data In Finance – How to Overcome the Challenges - Jan 13, 2017.
Big data craze inspires firms to save every possible bit of data, with the misconception that the more data you have, the better. Firms must keep data (for compliance purposes) or often aren’t sure what information they need to keep. This post looks at alternative data sources.
- Data Analytics Models in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management - Dec 13, 2016.
We review how key data science algorithms, such as regression, feature selection, and Monte Carlo, are used in financial instrument pricing and risk management.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016 - Dec 12, 2016.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Anti-spam, Mobile apps, Travel/hospitality grew the most in 2016. Share of Health care, Consumer analytics, and Direct Marketing/ Fundraising data science applications declined for 2 years in a row.
- PAW Financial Keynotes Making History - Aug 16, 2016.
The first-ever Predictive Analytics World conference dedicated to Financial Services will be held this October 23-27 in New York. Register now for early bird pricing, and save an additional $150 with code KDN150.
- Introducing Predictive Analytics World Financial, Oct 24-27, New York City - Aug 2, 2016.
PAW Financial focuses on analytics needs of banks, insurance companies, credit card companies, investment firms, and other financial institutions. Book now for the early bird rates, and save extra with code KDN150.
- AI for Fun & Profit: Using the new Genie Cognitive Computing Platform for P2P Lending - Jul 8, 2016.
This tutorials uses the recently-released Genie (an acronym for General Evolving Networked Intelligence Engine) platform to learn from P2P (peer-to-peer) loan data. Experts and non-experts alike can leverage Genie to analyze Big Data, recognize objects, events, and patterns, and more.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Predictive Analytics World in October: Government, Business, Financial, Healthcare - Jun 24, 2016.
Plan ahead and save on Predictive Analytics World conferences this October. Early bird savings are still available, and save extra with with KDnuggets code KDN150.
- Trust and Analytics in the Banking Sector - May 26, 2016.
This post explores the intricate relationship between customers, trust, and analytics in the banking sector, and offer actions that banks may need to take to assess the way they assure trust across the analytics lifecycle.
- Financial service apps featured at Predictive Analytics World, San Francisco - Feb 9, 2016.
Predictive Analytics World for Business in San Francisco, April 3-7, features a full 2-day Financial Services track, featuring experts from Chase, Capital One, Experian, Microsoft, Paypal, and other leading companies. Sign up with code KDN150 & save up to $350.
- How banks can beat new finance boys with data - Jan 29, 2016.
The rise of Apple/Google smartphone payments and new fintech start ups present challenges to traditional banks. Banks can fight back, but they need to understand how to better use their data to understand its customers.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics in the Financial Industry, Boston, Sep 27 – Oct 1 - Jun 11, 2015.
Predictive Analytics World for Business in Boston is launching a dedicated track focusing on applications of predictive analytics to the financial industry. Use code KDN150 by June 26 and save up to $800.
- Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub - Apr 6, 2015.
A long, categorized list of large datasets (available for public use) to try your analytics skills on. Which one would you pick?
Pages: 1 2
- PAW: How Predictive Analytics Reinvents These Six Industries - Feb 10, 2015.
Predictive analytics is a game-changer - it's like "Moneyball" for... money. This article summarizes and links resources with late-breaking coverage of how predictive analytics reinvents six industries.
- Schwab: Sr. Manager – Business Strategy and Analytics (Deposit Products) - Dec 17, 2014.
Join a small team of quant strategists focused on deposit products, create strategies and models involving billions of dollars in deposits.
- Berkeley DataLead conference, Sep 30 – Oct 2 - Aug 8, 2014.
The conference will focus on big data applied to real world business, with focus on finance and marketing, but also cover many other facets of data science and applications in technology, retail, education, science, and government.
- Interview: Taylor Phillips, Square on Why Finance Needs Machine Learning and Data Science - Aug 1, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at Square, common machine learning use cases, transition to real-time architecture, major challenges, expectations from data science, key qualities for data scientists, and more.
- Stanford Data Mining, Finance, and Statistics Courses Online - Mar 4, 2014.
With Stanford world-class online certificates, show advanced knowledge in Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Risk Analysis, and Quantitative Methods in Finance. Spring quarter enrollment until Mar 26.