- Breaking Data Science Open: How Open Data Science is Eating the World - Mar 17, 2017.
Grab this free book on Open Data Science, a movement that makes the open source tools of data science—data, analytics and computation—work together as a connected ecosystem.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n10, Mar 15: Becoming a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization? - Mar 15, 2017.
6 Business Concepts you need to become a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization?; Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $19 till Mar 31); K-Means & Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with Python; Free Online Data Science & Big Data Books
- Free Online Books Explaining Big Data, Machine Learning, Blockchain and More - Mar 10, 2017.
It has been a challenge to keep up-to-date with new concepts from NoSQL, to machine learning, to Internet of things and blockchain, but Little Bee Books is here with free solutions to helping you do so.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 04-10: Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car takes you too far; A massive collection of free programming books - Jan 11, 2017.
Also AI #DataScience #MachineLearning: Main Developments 2016, Key Trends 2017; Scikit-Learn Cheat Sheet: #Python #MachineLearning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 30 – Dec 06: A great and useful collection of minimal and clean implementations of #MachineLearning algorithms - Dec 7, 2016.
Also: #MachineLearning Yearning book draft, Free Download, by Andrew Ng; A short guide to learn #NeuralNets, and maybe get famous and rich with #DeepLearning; Free Book: Foundations of Computer Science, Aho & Ullman.
- Free ebooks: Machine Learning with Python and Practical Data Analysis - Dec 5, 2016.
Two free ebooks: "Building Machine Learning Systems with Python" and "Practical Data Analysis" will give your skills a boost and make a great start in the New Year.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n38, Oct 26: Free Machine Learning EBooks; Neural Networks in Python with Scikit-learn - Oct 26, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career; A Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with Python and Scikit-learn 0.18!; New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined?; Jupyter Notebook Best Practices for Data Science
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career - Oct 21, 2016.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 12-18: #DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF - Oct 20, 2016.
#DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in #BigData; #ICYMI The 10 Algorithms #MachineLearning Engineers Need to Know
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 10-16: 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career - Aug 17, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career; Visualizing 1 Billion Points of #Data Webinar; #Cartoon: Make Data Great Again!; The role of the activation function in a #NeuralNetwork
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career - Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Microsoft Videos, Machine Learning Training Pathway, Free Books! - Jul 5, 2016.
Microsoft Research Machine Learning Videos; Free Machine Learning Training Pathway; Andrew Ng's New Book; Coursera Removing Free Online Courses; Free Books!
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n22, Jun 22: Data Science Blog Contest; Free Machine Learning Ebook; Master SQL for Data Science - Jun 22, 2016.
Data Science Blog Contest; New Free Andrew Ng Machine Learning Book Under Construction; 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science; A Visual Explanation of the Back Propagation Algorithm; Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 1: Collecting Data
- New Andrew Ng Machine Learning Book Under Construction, Free Draft Chapters - Jun 20, 2016.
Check out the details on Andrew Ng's new book on building machine learning systems, and find out how to get your free copy of draft chapters as they are written.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 25-31: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python; Awesome collection of public datasets on Github - Jun 1, 2016.
Introducing Hybrid lda2vec Algorithm via Stitch Fix; #DeepLearning and Deep #Gaussian Processes - explainer; Awesome collection of public #datasets on Github; #DataScience foundations: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python.
- Free eBook: Healthcare Social Media Analytics and Marketing - May 27, 2016.
Get your free copy of a new ebook outlining social media marketing and analytics strategies (including code) for healthcare professionals.
- Ten Signs of Data Science Maturity – free O’Reilly ebook - May 6, 2016.
Two leading data scientists at the consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton describe ten characteristics of a mature data science capability.
- Weekend Reading List: Free eBooks and Other Online Resources - Apr 16, 2016.
Do you have free time for reading this weekend? Here are a few new (or refreshed) selections of varying length for your leisure, along with a pair of papers, one cutting edge, and one classic.
- New Deep Learning Book Finished, Finalized Online Version Available - Apr 12, 2016.
What will likely become known as the seminal book on deep learning is finally finished, with the online version finalized and freely-accessible to all those interested in mastering deep neural networks.
- Top 10 Essential Books for the Data Enthusiast - Apr 1, 2016.
A unique top 10 list of book recommendations, for each of 10 categories this list provides a top paid and top free book recommendation. If you're interested in books on data, this diverse list of top picks should be right up your alley.
Pages: 1 2
- Netflix Prize Analyzed: Movie Ratings and Recommender Systems - Mar 18, 2016.
A 195-page monograph by a top-1% Netflix Prize contestant. Learn about the famous machine learning competition. Improve your machine learning skills. Learn how to build recommender systems.
- Free Book Download: Statistical Learning with Sparsity: The Lasso and Generalizations - Jan 6, 2016.
We witness an explosion of Big Data in finance, biology, medicine, marketing, and other fields. This book describes the important statistical ideas for learning from large and sparse data in a common conceptual framework.
- Lavastorm – 5 Tips to Get More From Tableau - Oct 20, 2015.
Tableau makes it easy for users to see the data, but data preparation for it is hard. This free ebook highlights how to overcome Tableau challenges with data access, data blending, advanced analytics, transparency and reusability.
- Dell: The Great Analytics Migration – free e-book - Oct 15, 2015.
If you want to switch to an analytics platform with more functionality and less cost, how to manage all the people, processes and technologies involved? We just wrote the e-book on it - after we moved hundreds of our employees to a new analytics solution.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n30, Sep 16: 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science; Analytics Jobs Length; Salary by Role - Sep 16, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, ML; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Data Scientists don't stay long in their jobs; Salaries by Roles in Data Science and BI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R, and more - Sep 4, 2015.
Here is a great collection of eBooks written on the topics of Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Science Tools, and Programming Languages for Data Science.
- Predictive Policing – Free Book - Jul 15, 2015.
This free book is an easy to digest introduction to the world of predictive analytics and Big Data. The book is written from a policing perspective and shows interesting views in how the power of the police force can be increased by focusing on predictive policing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 06: Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books - Jul 12, 2015.
How Screenshot Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books; How to avoid #Overfitting using #Regularization; #DataScience must read: quick puzzle tests your problem solving.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Model-Based Machine Learning, Free Early Book Draft - Jun 22, 2015.
Are you a newbie to machine Learning? Here's a fresh new perspective to learning it. It's called "Model-based machine Learning". It makes the process of creating effective machine learning solutions much more systematic for any newcomer!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-8: Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200,000 - Jun 9, 2015.
Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200K; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); #Airbnb announces #Aerosolve, an #OpenSource #MachineLearning #software package.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-Lapse Mining - Jun 1, 2015.
The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-lapse mining from Net photos, Deep Learning Textbook Part I, Kaggle R Tutorial, and Free Machine Learning ebooks.
- Simplilearn: Big Data, Analytics online courses discount, Free ebook - May 21, 2015.
The role of a Data Scientist is ever evolving and a candidate with up-to-date skills will be preferred over their peers across industries. Learn SAS, Hadoop, R, Big Data, and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses, special discount until May 30.
- Download IKANOW’s “Beyond the Kill Chain” eBook - Apr 30, 2015.
A complete security platform, powered by business intelligence, lets CISOs go beyond the kill chain, and manage risks, not just react to intrusions - download free ebook.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n10, Apr 1: Computing platforms for data science; Free Data Mining Books; Python vs R - Apr 1, 2015.
Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources; Text Analytics 2015 - Technology and Market Overview; The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 23-25: 24 free resources on Data Mining, Data Science; More Training Data or More Complex Models? - Mar 26, 2015.
24 free resources and online books on #DataMining, #DataScience, #MachineLearning; New R Online Tool for Seasonal Adjustment of time series; Key #DataScience question: More Training Data or More Complex Models?; Twitter #DataMining finds origins of ISIS support.
- More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources - Mar 25, 2015.
More free resources and online books by leading authors about data mining, data science, machine learning, predictive analytics and statistics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 19-21: Dilbert funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining; Guess which pattern is random - Sep 22, 2014.
Guess which pattern is random, which machine-generated? Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Data Scientist Cartoon; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft) - Sep 20, 2014.
A free online book explaining the core ideas behind artificial neural networks and deep learning (draft), with new chapters added every 2-3 months.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 16-18: Great find – Intro to Data Science, free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly - May 19, 2014.
Great find! Intro. to Data Science, v2 (170 pages), free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly; A Statistician's View on #BigData and Data Science - updated; CIOReview Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies.
- Top stories for May 4-10 - May 11, 2014.
Data Scientists Not Required with Alteryx Analytics 9.0; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia; Did Target really predict teen pregnancy?
- Top stories for Apr 27 – May 3 - May 4, 2014.
Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Mass Big Data Report 2014.
- Top stories in April - May 2, 2014.
Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data; Data Analytics Handbook - interviews with tech leaders, free download; Learning and Teaching Machine Learning; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 28-29 - Apr 30, 2014.
9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining; Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; statsTeachR - great free resource; What every Data Scientist needs to know about SQL.
- 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis - Apr 29, 2014.
Whether you are learning data science for the first time or refreshing your memory or catching up on latest trends, these free books will help you excel through self-study.
- New Book: Social Media Mining – free PDF download - Apr 22, 2014.
Social Media Mining integrates social media, social network analysis, and data mining to enable students, practitioners, researchers, and managers to understand the basics and potentials of this field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 14-15 - Apr 16, 2014.
9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Science; Coursera #DataScience Specialization: 10 courses from JHU; Top LinkedIn Groups in 2014 for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science; EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Offer.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-20: The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free eBooks on Artificial Intelligence - Feb 21, 2014.
The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free ebooks on AI: Introductions, Intelligent Agents, Vision; Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation - free ebook download; First UK Data Science Summer School to open In August, free 5-week course.
- Free e-book on Data Science with R - Feb 15, 2013.
An Introduction to Data Science, developed for Syracuse U. Certificate for Data Science, is freely downloadable and available on iTunes.