- DataScience Launches Interactive Tool For Exploring Data Science Trends - Apr 14, 2017.
DataScience Trends, a new interactive tool from DataScience Inc., gives users the ability to explore and visualize data across 2.8 million open source repositories without writing code.
- Machine Learning-driven Firewall - Feb 23, 2017.
Cyber Security is always a hot topic in IT industry and machine learning is making security systems more stronger. Here, a particular use case of machine learning in cyber security is explained in detail.
- RCloud – DevOps for Data Science - Nov 28, 2016.
After almost two decades of software development, term – DevOps was coined and officially given importance to collaboration between development and deployment of software systems. In this early stage of Data Science field, use of standardized and empirical practises like DevOps will definitely speed up its evolution.
- Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects, updated - Nov 21, 2016.
Open Source is the heart of innovation and rapid evolution of technologies, these days. This article presents you Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects of 2016 along with very interesting insights and trends found during the analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 05-11: Most Active #DataScientists on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop? - Oct 12, 2016.
Most Active #DataScientists, Free Books, Notebooks & Tutorials on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop?; Free #MachineLearning text PDF, from theory to algorithms; Top @reddit #MachineLearning Posts September.
- New sequence learning data set - Sep 17, 2016.
A new data set for the study of sequence learning algorithms is available as of today. The data set consists of pen stroke sequences that represent handwritten digits, and was created based on the MNIST handwritten digit data set.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 25-31: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python; Awesome collection of public datasets on Github - Jun 1, 2016.
Introducing Hybrid lda2vec Algorithm via Stitch Fix; #DeepLearning and Deep #Gaussian Processes - explainer; Awesome collection of public #datasets on Github; #DataScience foundations: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python.
- Top 10 Open Dataset Resources on Github - May 31, 2016.
The top open dataset repositories on Github include a variety of data, freely available for use by researchers, practitioners, and students alike.
- A Data Science Approach to Writing a Good GitHub README - May 4, 2016.
Readme is the first file every user will look for, whenever they are checking out the code repository. Learn, what you should write inside your readme files and analyze your existing files effectiveness.
- Top 10 IPython Notebook Tutorials for Data Science and Machine Learning - Apr 22, 2016.
A list of 10 useful Github repositories made up of IPython (Jupyter) notebooks, focused on teaching data science and machine learning. Python is the clear target here, but general principles are transferable.
- The MBA Data Science Toolkit: 8 resources to go from the spreadsheet to the command line - Apr 18, 2016.
A great guide for the MBA, or any relatively non-technical convert, for getting comfortable with the command line and other technical skills required to excel in data science.
Pages: 1 2
- Top 10 Data Science Resources on Github - Mar 24, 2016.
The top 10 data science projects on Github are chiefly composed of a number of tutorials and educational resources for learning and doing data science. Have a look at the resources others are using and learning from.
- Top 10 Data Visualization Projects on Github - Feb 22, 2016.
Github provides a number of open source data visualization options for data scientists and application developers integrating quality visuals. This is a list and description of the top project offerings available, based on the number of stars.
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github - Jan 13, 2016.
The top 10 deep learning projects on Github include a number of libraries, frameworks, and education resources. Have a look at the tools others are using, and the resources they are learning from.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n41, Dec 16: Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; How to use Python and R together - Dec 16, 2015.
Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; Using Python and R together: 3 main approaches; Top 2015 KDnuggets Stories on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science; 22 Big Data experts predictions for 2016.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github - Dec 14, 2015.
The top 10 machine learning projects on Github include a number of libraries, frameworks, and education resources. Have a look at the tools others are using, and the resources they are learning from.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, November: Open source Plot.ly, Pokemon (?), Social analysis with R - Dec 3, 2015.
November on /r/DataScience: Plot.ly is open sourced, Pokemon and Big Data games, a new social network analysis package for R, insider information on landing a Google Data Scientist job, and a free data science curriculum.
- YCML Machine Learning library on Github - Aug 24, 2015.
YCML is a new Machine Learning library available on Github as an Open Source (GPLv3) project. It can be used in iOS and OS X applications, and includes Machine Learning and optimization algorithms.
- Continually Updated Data Science IPython Notebooks - Jul 13, 2015.
Continually updated Data Science IPython Notebooks: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, AWS, Kaggle, scikit-learn, matplotlib, pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and various command lines.
- Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects - Jun 1, 2015.
We examine top Python Machine learning open source projects on Github, both in terms of contributors and commits, and identify most popular and most active ones.
- Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub - Apr 6, 2015.
A long, categorized list of large datasets (available for public use) to try your analytics skills on. Which one would you pick?
Pages: 1 2
- NYC Open Data Meetups in January - Jan 3, 2015.
Upcoming events including Python Machine learning class Demo Day, Data Science Bootcamp and more.
- Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets - Oct 1, 2014.
Mirador is an open-source tool for visual exploration of complex datasets, enabling users to discover correlation patterns and derive new hypotheses from the data. Download Windows and Mac OS X versions from Github.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on the Best Free Online Resources to Learn Hadoop - Aug 7, 2014.
We discuss the startup - Elephant Scale, DIY Hadoop learning, best free online resources for learning Hadoop, getting a good job in Big Data, and the experience of authoring a book - Hadoop Illuminated (available for free).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 16-17: An awesome list of Big Data frameworks - Jul 18, 2014.
An awesome GitHub list of #BigData frameworks, resources, and more; 15 interviews with 15 data scientists; 14 definitions of data scientist, from funny to serious; Revised standards for statistical evidence.
- Employee Churn 202: Good and Bad Churn - May 4, 2014.
This post extends the “quantitative scissors” approach to employee churn and examines the factors that underlie attrition cost.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 2-3: Data scientists need their GitHub; How to make Data Scientist job less tedious - Apr 4, 2014.
Also Top stories in March: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; import.io adds authenticated APIs, command line crawlers.
- Employee Churn 201: Calculating Employee Value - Apr 4, 2014.
Much has been written about customer churn. This post examines employee churn - an equally important problem and its unique dynamics.