- What Top Firms Ask: 100+ Data Science Interview Questions - Mar 22, 2017.
Check this out: A topic wise collection of 100+ data science interview questions from top companies.
- Proxy Indicators: beware of spurious claims - Mar 16, 2017.
Beware of online and market research studies which can lead to false or spurious claims. We examine several notable examples including Google Street View and Argentina inflation.
- Google Got a Lot of Data About You - Mar 9, 2017.
This article will dive into six types of data that most big tech companies, and especially Google, gather about consumers.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 01-07: Google Unveils Neural Network with “Superhuman” Ability to Determine the Location of Almost Any Image - Mar 8, 2017.
Also Deep Forest: Towards An Alternative to Deep #NeuralNetworks; An Overview of #Python #DeepLearning Frameworks; The Gentlest Introduction to Tensorflow - Part 2.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: Oxford Deep NLP Course; Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results - Mar 6, 2017.
Oxford Deep NLP Course; scikit-plot: Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results; Machine Learning at Berkeley's ML Crash Course: Neural Networks; Predicting parking difficulty with machine learning; TensorFlow 1.0 Release
- New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban? - Feb 9, 2017.
Express your opinion about Trump Immigration ban and find out what does Google Autocomplete offers when you search for "Trump Immigration".
- Going to War with the Giants: Automated Machine Learning with MLJAR - Jan 19, 2017.
The performance of automated machine learning tool MLJAR on Kaggle competition data is presented in comparison with those from other predictive APIs from Amazon, Google, PredicSis and BigML.
- A Concise Overview of Recent Advances in Vehicle Technologies - Jan 11, 2017.
2016 was a big year for electric and driverless cars. Get a quick review with relevant videos on some of the events of interest in the field during the past year.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, 2016: Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment - Jan 11, 2017.
Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment; Huggable Image Classifier; xkcd: Linear Regression; AlphaGO WINS!; TensorFlow Fizzbuzz
- Revenue per Employee: golden ratio, or red herring? - Jan 4, 2017.
There is growing support for revenue per employee as one of the most underrated metrics available for assessing business performance in a crowded marketplace.
- Forecast Your Future With Analytics Insights From Google, Bloomberg & others - Dec 13, 2016.
What are the top AI & Machine Learning trends for 2017? Join the Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit in San Diego on Feb 22 & 23, 2017, to find out everything you need to know about Real-time Machine Learning algorithms, developing strong data-driven cultures and more!
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: StarCraft II for AI Research; Google AI Experiments Website; Google in Montreal - Dec 5, 2016.
DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment; Google AI Experiments Website; Google opens new Montreal-based AI research lab; Lip Reading Sentences in the Wild; Clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
- The Foundations of Algorithmic Bias - Nov 16, 2016.
We might hope that algorithmic decision making would be free of biases. But increasingly, the public is starting to realize that machine learning systems can exhibit these same biases and more. In this post, we look at precisely how that happens.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: August Update, Part 2 - Sep 23, 2016.
This is the second part of an overview of deep learning stories that made news in August. Look to see if you have missed anything.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Google Brain AMA, Image Completion with TensorFlow, Japanese Cucumber Farming - Sep 5, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Image Completion with Deep Learning in TensorFlow; Japanese Cucumber Farming; Andrew Ng's machine learning class in Python; Google Brain datasets for robotics research
- Up to Speed on Deep Learning: July Update - Aug 29, 2016.
Check out this thorough roundup of deep learning stories that made news in July. See if there are any items of note you missed.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Google Brain AMA, Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal, Hinton ANN Course Lives! - Aug 2, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal; Geoff Hinton's ANN Course Lives; Google’s DeepMind Reduces Data Center Cooling Bill; Training an artificial neural network to play Diablo 2
- Data Science of Visiting Famous Movie Locations in San Francisco - Jul 30, 2016.
Using the Google Places API and IMDb API, we selected movie locations in The Golden City which every movie fan should visit while they are in town, and optimize sightseeing by solving the travelling salesman problem.
- 5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Jul 21, 2016.
Check out 5 Big Data projects that you are not likely to have seen before, but which may be useful to you, and perhaps even scratch an itch you didn't know you had.
- Why Big Data is in Trouble: They Forgot About Applied Statistics - Jul 18, 2016.
This "classic" (but very topical and certainly relevant) post discusses issues that Big Data can face when it forgets, or ignores, applied statistics. As great of a discussion today as it was 2 years ago.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 22-28: #Bayesian #Statistics explained in Simple English; Brexit - Jun 29, 2016.
#Bayesian #Statistics explained to Beginners in Simple English; Amazing analysis of #Brexit with #MachineLearning - it is sad; 18 Useful Mobile Apps for #DataScientist; Sharp divisions between England, #Scotland in #Brexit vote suggest future UK split.
- What is Your Data Worth? On LinkedIn, Microsoft, and the Value of User Data - Jun 20, 2016.
The recent announcement of Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn has raised many questions about how Microsoft will monetize this data. We examine LinkedIn value per user and compare to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Twitter.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: TensorFlow Tricks; Machine Learning Tutorials; Google TPUs - Jun 1, 2016.
May on /r/MachineLearning was all about tutorials, TensorFlow, Google hardware, Deep Learning machine installations, and some laughs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 18-24: Google supercharges #MachineLearning, #DeepLearning tasks with TPU (Tensor Processing Unit) - May 25, 2016.
Stanford Crowd Course Initiative: #MachineLearning with #Python course; Practical Guide to Matrix Calculus for #DeepLearning; Build your own #DeepLearning Box < $1.5K
- The Good, Bad & Ugly of TensorFlow - May 24, 2016.
A survey of six months of rapid evolution (+ tips/hacks and code to fix the ugly stuff) using TensorFlow. Get some great advice from the trenches.
Pages: 1 2
- Stanford Webinar: The Secret to a Perfect Search, May 17 - May 5, 2016.
What makes “googling” the best way to search for something on the Internet? Join Rajan Patel, Stanford Instructor and Google Engineer, as he shares insights into the manipulation of large complex data sets and how you can turn them into valuable, actionable information for your company.
- Data is the New Everything - Mar 17, 2016.
Data gets a lot of mainstream attention these days, and has been compared to all sorts of different things. This is a lighthearted look at some of the top suggestions from Google autocomplete when searching for the phrase "data is the new" something.
- The Rise Of The Robot - Mar 3, 2016.
Atlas, the latest robot from Google's Boston Dynamics a pretty resilient chap. He can trudge through uneven snow, be knocked off his feet and get up again. and do work that can take place in any warehouse. We examine what it means for our future.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: AlphaGo, Distributed TensorFlow, Neural Network Image Enhancement - Mar 2, 2016.
In February on /r/MachineLearning, we get a run-down of the AlphaGo matches, Distributed TensorFlow is released, convolutional neural nets are cleaning Star Wars images, vintage science is on parade, military machine learning is criticized, and the overwhelmed researcher is given advice.
- Distributed TensorFlow Has Arrived - Mar 1, 2016.
Google has open sourced its distributed version of TensorFlow. Get the info on it here, and catch up on some other TensorFlow news at the same time.
- Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and Scikit-learn - Feb 12, 2016.
Scikit Learn is a new easy-to-use interface for TensorFlow from Google based on the Scikit-learn fit/predict model. Does it succeed in making deep learning more accessible?
- AI Supercomputers: Microsoft Oxford, IBM Watson, Google DeepMind, Baidu Minwa - Feb 1, 2016.
In the world of AI, this is the equivalent of the US and USSR competing to put their guy on the moon first. Here is a profile of some of the giants locked into the AI space race.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: Google Masters Go, Deep Learning Laughs, OpenAI AMA - Feb 1, 2016.
In January on /r/MachineLearning: Go gets mastered, deep learning laughs, an OpenAI team AMA, convolutional neural nets colorize black and white photos, and the AI community loses a leader.
- Google Launches Deep Learning with TensorFlow MOOC - Jan 26, 2016.
Google and Udacity have partnered for a new self-paced course on deep learning and TensorFlow, starting immediately.
- Public Knowledge Graph – small guys unite - Jan 21, 2016.
Currently, only global corporations like Google or Facebook can maintain a vast knowledge graph about the world. Little companies which rely on knowing world context need to unite to create a Public Knowledge Graph, or they will fall further behind the big guys.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: The Secret Sauce, OpenAI, Google vs. Facebook - Jan 4, 2016.
December on /r/MachineLearning: Is TensorFlow Google's "secret sauce?", AI leaders unite, an extensive curated list of machine learning resources grows, Google vs. Facebook, and Deep Q Pong.
- TensorFlow is Terrific – A Sober Take on Deep Learning Acceleration - Dec 30, 2015.
TensorFlow does not change the world. But it appears to be the best, most convenient deep learning library out there.
- Update: Google TensorFlow Deep Learning Is Improving - Dec 17, 2015.
The recent open sourcing of Google's TensorFlow was a significant event for machine learning. While the original release was lacking in some ways, development continues and improvements are already being made.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, November: Open source Plot.ly, Pokemon (?), Social analysis with R - Dec 3, 2015.
November on /r/DataScience: Plot.ly is open sourced, Pokemon and Big Data games, a new social network analysis package for R, insider information on landing a Google Data Scientist job, and a free data science curriculum.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: TensorFlow, Deep Convolutional Generative Adversarial Networks, and lolz - Dec 2, 2015.
In November on /r/MachineLearning, we've got a good laugh, a fantastic image-generating convolutional generative adversarial network, and a whole lot of Google TensorFlow.
- TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow - Nov 16, 2015.
Google recently open-sourced its TensorFlow machine learning library, which aims to bring large-scale, distributed machine learning and deep learning to everyone. But does it deliver?
Pages: 1 2
- 5 Best Machine Learning APIs for Data Science - Nov 5, 2015.
Machine Learning APIs make it easy for developers to develop predictive applications. Here we review 5 important Machine Learning APIs: IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Google Prediction API, Amazon Machine Learning API, and BigML.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: Machine learning video course, neural nets evaluate selfies - Nov 2, 2015.
Machine learning video lectures, deep nets evaluate selfies, Google focusing on machine learning, DeepMind's huge text dataset made available, implement a recurrent neural net, and open source face recognition with Google's FaceNet.
- An Inside View of Language Technologies at Google - Oct 29, 2015.
Learn about language technologies at Google, including projects, technologies, and philosophy, from an interview with a Googler.
Pages: 1 2
- MLconf Industry Impact Student Research Award Sponsored by Google - Sep 23, 2015.
The award is for current PhD students or recent graduates whose research is deemed to be useful for solving the problems currently faced in industry. Nominations due Oct 25, 2015.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Deep Learning paints in style of many famous painters - Sep 7, 2015.
Deep Learning algorithm generating paintings in the styles of famous artists, Genetic algorithms pioneer John Holland passes away, Beginner Python data analysis tutorial, LSTM networks explained, and Google Thought Vectors.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art - Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- From Big Data to Big Profits: A Lesson from Google’s Nest - Jul 24, 2015.
Google Nest is a very interesting example of how such a seemingly simple item as thermostat, with the addition to Big Data can transform an industry and lead to significant profits.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Videos on YouTube - Jun 23, 2015.
The top machine learning videos on YouTube include lecture series from Stanford and Caltech, Google Tech Talks on deep learning, using machine learning to play Mario and Hearthstone, and detecting NHL goals from live streams.
- Cognitive Computing: Solving the Big Data Problem? - Jun 12, 2015.
With a shortage of data scientists, what are the alternatives for making sense of Big Data? We examine Cognitive Computing, its strengths, and how it can fit into the current Big Data landscape.
- May 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 10, 2015.
May 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Elon Musk, Google buys Timeful, Lexalytics Wizard GUI, Banjo $100M, Unicorn myth and reality.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26 – Jun 1: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience on R - Jun 5, 2015.
Creator of @ApacheSpark @Matei_Zaharia wins @ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award; LeaRning Path: Step by Step Guide to Learn #DataScience with R; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; R vs #Python for #DataScience.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-18: Hadoop demand falls; Andrew Ng Machine Learning class, excellent course notes - May 19, 2015.
#Hadoop demand falls, 54% of enterprises have no plans for it; Download your entire #Google search history; #DataScience for #Dummies: An interview with author Lilian @BigDataGal Pierson; Andrew Ng Machine Learning Coursera class - complete, excellent course notes.
- Most Viewed Data Mining Videos on YouTube - May 18, 2015.
The top Data Mining YouTube videos by those like Google and Revolution Analytics covers topics ranging from statistics in data mining to using R for data mining to data mining in sports.
- CRN Big Data Business Analytics Companies - May 12, 2015.
Data, Analytics, and Intelligence play a key role in CRN Big Data 100 in 2015. New additions include predictive analytics firms Knime, Logi Analytics, Looker, Luminoso, Predixion, RapidMiner, and Salesforce.
- Machine Learning Wars: Amazon vs Google vs BigML vs PredicSis - May 12, 2015.
Comparing 4 Machine Learning APIs: Amazon Machine Learning, BigML, Google Prediction API and PredicSis on a real data from Kaggle, we find the most accurate, the fastest, the best tradeoff, and a surprise last place.
Pages: 1 2
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- Blockspring: Out-run programmers with your spreadsheet - Apr 4, 2015.
Blockspring for Google Sheets lets you run over 1000 functions from your spreadsheets - create interactive data visualizations, run algorithms, pull data sources, execute db queries, automate tweets and emails, make API calls, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-22: Tensor methods for Machine Learning; Tibco survey: Big Data top use cases - Mar 23, 2015.
Tensor methods for #MachineLearning: fast, accurate, scalable, need open-source libs; #DataScience and Reproducibility: Explaining when the experiment does not work; Google #DeepLearning FaceNet is the best ever for recognizing faces; Tibco survey #BigData top use cases: Customer & Experience Analytics, Risk/Threat.
- RE.WORK Deep Learning Summit, San Francisco, January – videos, presentations - Feb 26, 2015.
Interesting videos and presentations from January Deep Learning Summit include a Fireside Chat with Andrew Ng and Derrick Harris, presentations by Richard Socher (Founder, MetaMind), Quoc Le (Research Scientist, Google), Greg Corrado (Sr Research Scientist at Google), and more.
- Google BigQuery Public Datasets - Feb 20, 2015.
Google BigQuery is not only a fantastic tool to analyze data, but it also has a repository of public data, including GDELT world events database, NYC Taxi rides, GitHub archive, Reddit top posts, and more.
- Big Data, Privacy, and Security – which side are you on? - Feb 18, 2015.
After all the positive promise, the hype, and predictions about Big Data, 2015 started with a debate about privacy and specifically whether or not companies like Google and Facebook should be allowed to encrypt their users data.
- Interview: M.C. Srivas, MapR on Demystifying the Art of Processing Massive Data - Feb 11, 2015.
We discuss the launch and evolution of MapR, achievements, key characteristics of MapR-DB, significance of Apache Drill, MapR use cases and more.
- How Big Data Pieces, Technology, and Animals fit together - Feb 5, 2015.
How Big Data Pieces and animals fit together: MapReduce, HDFS, Apache Spark,, Pregel, Zookeeper, Flume, Hive, Pig, and more, explained by a Quora (and past Facebook) Data Scientist.
- BigML machine learning platform Winter 2015 Release, Feb 11 - Feb 2, 2015.
See the latest in BigML's continuously evolved machine learning platform with its emphasis on consumability, programmability, and scalability. Feb 11 webinar at 9 am PT and 5 pm PT.
- The High Cost of Maintaining Machine Learning Systems - Jan 21, 2015.
Google researchers warn of the massive ongoing costs for maintaining machine learning systems. We examine how to minimize the technical debt.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 12-18: Dilbert looks at #analytics of #dating and A/B testing; Deep Learning and Human Beings - Jan 19, 2015.
Dilbert looks at #analytics of #dating and A/B testing; A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets #DeepLearning; Great read: #Visualizing Representations: #DeepLearning and Human Beings; 9 Lessons: Picking the Right #NoSQL Tools.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 7-14: Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Random Forests, SVM give best results - Dec 15, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA bot-trap trains #AI; O'Reilly Data Scientist Salary and Tools Survey 2014; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; 10 Data Science Newsletters to Subscribe to.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 10-11: Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains AI; Big Data in 2015: Security, #IoT, data markets - Dec 12, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Data Scientist Salary/Tools Survey finds #BigData scientists earn more; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; Visual Sentiment Analysis: Researchers train #NeuralNets to rate images for #Happiness.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Dec 1-7: Hilarious ! If programming languages were vehicles; Big Data Scientists have the highest salaries - Dec 8, 2014.
Hilarious! If programming languages were vehicles; Data Scientists who know #BigData tools have the highest salaries; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning; Scary! Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 3-4: Google funds Automatic Statistician project; Data Science Ontology, visualized - Dec 5, 2014.
Data Science Ontology, visualized; Holiday Gift Ideas for the Data & Statistically Interested; Google funds "Automatic Statistician" project; Nice Tutorial for R learners.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 1-2: Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google Translates Pictures Into Words - Dec 3, 2014.
Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning, #BigData; Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century; Forbes 50 Most Innovative Companies 3x more likely to use #BigData Analytics.
- Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything - Dec 1, 2014.
A review of Dr. Geoffrey Hinton’s Ask Me Anything on Reddit. He talked about his current research and his thought on some deep learning issues.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 09-16: 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist; Learn How Google Understands You - Nov 17, 2014.
8 Steps to Becoming a Data Scientist; Learn How Google Understands You; Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; A Very Good #DeepLearning Tutorial;
- GDELT: Big Data of News, Conflicts, and Society - Sep 29, 2014.
What is happening in this world today? Obviously, it is impossible for us to read and analyze billions of news reports published every day. GDELT is designed to record, analyze, visualize and even forecast our planet.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Top stories for Aug 31 – Sep 6 - Sep 8, 2014.
Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Four main languages for Analytics; Cartoon: Robot Labor Day 2050; Exclusive: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra.
- Top stories in August: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2014.
Also Deep Learning resources; Sibyl - Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics.
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
- CoLaboratory: Doing Data Science Collaboratively Like Google Doc - Sep 3, 2014.
A review of CoLaboratory which enables data scientists to write code like on Google Doc.
- Top stories for Aug 17-23: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 24, 2014.
Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 20-21: Deep Learning book and more; Sibyl: Google Large Scale Machine Learning - Aug 22, 2014.
Deep Learning book draft - read and help improve it; Deep Learning - important resources for learning and understanding; Sibyl: Google's system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Excellent Intro to Deep Learning.
- Sibyl: Google’s system for Large Scale Machine Learning - Aug 20, 2014.
A review of 2014 keynote talk about Sibyl, Google system for large scale machine learning. Parallel Boosting algorithm and several design principles are introduced.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 13-14: Boyfriend as a statistically “significant” other - Aug 15, 2014.
xkcd: Boyfriend as a statistically "significant" other; Interesting Social Media Datasets; Sibyl: a System for Large Scale Machine Learning at Google; We don't need such hype: "Big Data scientists get 100 recruiter emails a day".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 23-24: 81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics - Jul 25, 2014.
81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics to drive pricing optimization; Google Brain project: Google is not really a search company. The Journal of Big Data has published its first articles - Hadoop, Mahout, Data; MLlib; Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 27-29: Google says Hadoop era is over - Jun 30, 2014.
Google says #Hadoop era is over, Google Cloud Dataflow can do much more; Machine learning, data mining, predictive analysis, and advanced analytics ~ same; Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? ; Larry Page: "if we data mined health care data, we could save 100K lives next year".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 18-19: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode opens GitHub for data - Jun 20, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode Analytics opens 'GitHub for data'; Data Science Stack Exchange Q&A site. Big Data Analytics with Google Big Query and R.
- Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? - Jun 19, 2014.
A recent study of neural networks found that for every correctly classified image, one can generate an "adversarial", visually indistinguishable image that will be misclassified. This suggests potential deep flaws in all neural networks, including possibly a human brain.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
- May 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 9, 2014.
May 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: 40 events, including ExtraHop, Capptain, Datalogix, "Data Nation", 6Sense, Sumo Logic, DataPad, SeeWhy, Tamr, LiveRamp, and Adometry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 28-29: SAS University Edition free software; Google Quantum Computing Playground - May 30, 2014.
SAS University Edition offers free #SAS software for higher education, teaching; Ultra-cool! Google "Quantum Computing Playground" - fiddle with quantum algorithms; Thomson Reuters: Data Scientist ; Realtime Personalization and Recommendation with Stream Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Code for India 2014 Global Hack-a-thon – Building a Better India through Innovative Solutions - May 19, 2014.
Non-stop 24 hours of coding at the Code for India 2014 hackathon leads to creative solutions for major social problems of India through interesting software applications.
- Do Analytics as well as Google, Johnson&Johnson, and AT&T - May 13, 2014.
Attend Useful Business Analytics Summit in Boston and learn how the leading companies do analytics. Early reg by May 16.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-13: Machine learning explained in 10 pictures; Tutorial: Using Google BigQuery - Mar 14, 2014.
Machine learning explained in 10 pictures. The most important: Bias vs Variance; A Tutorial example: Using Google BigQuery with R; Visualizing Google Analytics Data With R; Exploratory Data Analysis on Udacity: Investigate, Visualize, and Summarize Data Using R.
- January Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Feb 3, 2014.
January 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DeepMind, Avigilon, TaKaDu, Nest, Path, FirstFuel, API Healthcare, Kana Software, ImgUR, IMS Health.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.