- ACM SIGKDD Calls for Nominations for Top Awards in Data Science, Data Mining Awards - Apr 14, 2017.
ACM SIGKDD, the premier global professional organization for data science and data mining, is calling for nominations for top awards in the field: Doctoral Dissertation Award, Test-of-time Award, Innovation Award (the "Nobel" prize of Data Science), and Service Award.
- Last Chance: Big Data San Francisco, April 19 & 20 - Mar 27, 2017.
The Big Data Innovation Summit is coming to San Francisco, April 19 & 20. We are now down to the final batch of passes - secure yours with $200 off using code KD200.
- Creativity is Crucial in Data Science - Feb 20, 2017.
Creativity and Innovation are integral to Data Science and going forward in the world of AI, those are the things that will give edge to the humans over the machines.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: London Data Festival 2017, Mar 30 & 31 - Feb 13, 2017.
The London Data Festival takes place March 30 & 31, with KDnuggets readers getting £200 off all two-day passes with code KD200.
- Hurry – 10 Days Until 2017’s Essential Data Event - Jan 16, 2017.
There are only 10 days to go until the Las Vegas Data & Analytics Summits, and only a handful of passes left. If you haven't had a chance to register yet, do it now!
- Forecast Your Future With Analytics Insights From Google, Bloomberg & others - Dec 13, 2016.
What are the top AI & Machine Learning trends for 2017? Join the Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit in San Diego on Feb 22 & 23, 2017, to find out everything you need to know about Real-time Machine Learning algorithms, developing strong data-driven cultures and more!
- Data & Analytics Festival, Las Vegas – Catch The Early Bird - Nov 15, 2016.
2 great Las Vegas Summits: Big Data Innovation - Learn how to build scalable architecture for an effective data strategy; Business Analytics Innovation - learn how the most innovative companies communicate insight, and much more. Early Bird rates end Nov 25.
- Big Data Innovation Summit – KDnuggers Offer - Aug 22, 2016.
The Big Data Innovation Summit in Boston, Sep 8-9 brings you top experts who discuss how data can be made actionable, effective and produce tailored insights. Use code KD10 for extra savings.
- Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize”: 2016 SIGKDD Innovation Award to Philip S. Yu - Jul 15, 2016.
Dr. Philip S. Yu wins ACM KDD Innovation Award for his influential research and scientific contributions on mining, fusion and anonymization of big data.
- Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics to Reach 63% Growth – case study - Jul 12, 2016.
Join The Big Data Channel and Innovation Enterprise for three summits September 8 & 9 in Boston, where KDnuggets readers get a 10% discount. Register now!
- Strategize Your Data Capabilities to Maximize Business Performance - Jun 7, 2016.
Attend Big Data Innovation Summit on Sep 8-9 in Boston and learn how to organize your data science team, increase productivity, construct an effective data strategy, and use the most advanced data tools and technologies.
- Big Data Innovation, San Francisco, April: Connect with Apple, NASA, and more - Apr 8, 2016.
Very few "All-access" passes remain for the Big Data Festival in San Francisco, Apr 21-22, which let to access Big Data Innovation (Keynotes: Uber, US Dept of Commerce, Airbnb, LinkedIn), Internet of Things Summit (Keynotes: Apple, Samsung, ...), and Data Visualization Summit (Keynotes: MasterCard, NASA, Pinterest).
- Big Data, Data Visualization, Internet of Things, San Francisco, April 21-22 - Mar 22, 2016.
What do Big Data, the Internet of Things and Data Visualization have in common? See all of them at the upcoming Data Festival in San Francisco on Apr 21-22. Get special access with code KDACCESS.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, San Francisco, Apr 21-22, 2016 – Early bird, KDnuggets discount - Feb 11, 2016.
Hear groundbreaking presentations on Big Data Analytics, Retail, Finance, Data-Driven Product Innovation, and Healthcare. Early Bird rates end Feb 19 - get extra 10% off with code KD10.
- Kickstart Your Data Initiatives in 2016 – KDnuggets discount - Jan 18, 2016.
The Apache Hadoop, Predictive Analytics and Data Science Innovation Summits will be in San Diego, Feb 18-19. Get 20% off all two-day passes with code KD20.
- IE Business School Innovation-based programs: Big Data for Business - Nov 23, 2015.
IE Business School programs are designed to transfer knowledge directly from the classroom to the workplace. Learn more about our upcoming Innovation-based programs, including Big Data for Business.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 6-12: Big innovations in Data Science yet to come; 5 steps to learn Data Science - Oct 13, 2015.
Big innovations in #DataScience yet to come: new #algorithms, data, new thinking; 5 steps to learn #DataScience: 1. Learn to love data; Why Tracy-Widom Mysterious Statistical Law so common - Phase transitions; Best of /r/MachineLearning in September.
- Predictive Analytics as an Engine Of R&D and New Product Launches - Aug 12, 2015.
Predictive analytics is not only the way to discover the underlying patterns, but it can also help you with innovation. Here, we discuss the ways to innovate by combining it with business logic, marketing and bridging demand supply factors.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n24, Jul 29: Big Data to Big Profits; Mining Massive Datasets; Data for Humanity - Jul 29, 2015.
From Big Data to Big Profits: A Lesson from Google's Nest; Coursera/Stanford "Mining Massive Datasets", free online course; Data for Humanity: A Request for Support; To Code or Not to Code with KNIME.
- Interview: Brian Kursar, Toyota on Big Data & Advanced Analytics – Cornerstones of Innovation - Jul 28, 2015.
We discuss the Big Data architecture at Toyota, executives’ perception of Analytics, Toyota Innovation Fair, advice, trends, and more.
- Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize”: ACM SIGKDD 2015 Innovation Award to Hans-Peter Kriegel - Jul 22, 2015.
Prof. Hans-Peter Kriegel wins ACM KDD Innovation Award for his influential research and scientific contributions to data mining in clustering, outlier detection and high-dimensional data analysis, including density-based approaches.
- Algorithmia – How Marketplaces are Fostering Innovation? - Apr 9, 2015.
We have a marketplace for almost everything – mobile apps, cabs, hotels, and what not. But, not for algorithms. Algorithmia takes up that challenge.
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on the Industrial Internet for Data-driven Innovation - Mar 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at GE, Industrial Internet and how it is different from consumer internet, and the key capabilities of Predix.
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Lake & Other Strategies for Insights Culture - Mar 13, 2015.
We discuss the responsibilities of Enterprise Data Strategy team at Equifax, why Data Lake, Equifax Decision360, how to set up Insights Culture and bottlenecks for value delivery from Big Data.
- Big Data Innovators Under 35 - Feb 11, 2015.
Young innovators in deep learning, interface design, and data science automation are all included in MIT Technology Review's Innovators Under 35 list.
- Interview: Jason Bloomberg, Intellyx on the Tricky Balance of Optimization and Innovation - Feb 6, 2015.
We discuss Agile Digital Transformation, Optimization vs Innovation trade-off, best innovations of 2014, trends, advice and more.
- Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis on Deriving Value from Big Data through Smart Data - Jan 14, 2015.
We discuss the definition of Smart Data, how to derive Smart Data from Big Data, maturity assessment for Smart Data pursuit, computing for human experience and Kno.e.sis.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Open Innovation in the Age of Big Data - Dec 15, 2014.
Open platforms for data analysis are more important than ever with big data and increasing access to heterogeneous data sources for analysts.
- KDD-2014 Awards Winners - Aug 22, 2014.
KDD-2014, the leading and the largest conference in data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery, recognizes the key researchers and contributors through several awards - read about the winners.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 2 Highlights - Aug 7, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Aviva, Canadian Imperial Bank, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and University Health Network on day 2 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 6, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from TD Bank, Public Health Ontario and First Nations Education Steering Committee on day 1 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Toronto, Canada.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Discovering Customer Insights through Sentiment Mining - Aug 5, 2014.
We discuss examples of discovery through sentiment mining, current trends, innovative applications, important soft skills, and more.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 29, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from eBay, Skype, Yahoo and AbsolutData on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in London, UK.
- Future of Consumer Intelligence 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 28, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Market Research leaders on day 2 of Future of Consumer Intelligence 2014 in Los Angeles.
- Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 Philadelphia: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 25, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Healthcare Analytics leaders from Cigna, National Parkinson Foundation, Quintiles and NYU Langone Medical Center on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 in Philadelphia.
- Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 Philadelphia: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 24, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Healthcare Analytics leaders from GlaxoSmithKline, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Adventist Health and Mayo Clinic on day 1 of Big Data & Analytics in Healthcare Summit 2014 in Philadelphia.
- Business Intelligence Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 23, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Intelligence leaders from Netflix, Hyatt, GE Capital and University of Texas on day 2 of Business Intelligence Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Business Intelligence Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 22, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Intelligence leaders from Boeing, Salesforce, Wells Fargo, and Citibank on day 1 of Business Intelligence Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Future of Consumer Intelligence 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 19, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Market Research leaders from H(app)athon Project, Socratic Technologies, TNS, PepsiCo on day 1 of Future of Consumer Intelligence 2014 in Los Angeles.
- Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize”: ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos - Jul 10, 2014.
KDD 2014 Innovation Award, the highest award for technical excellence in the field of Data Mining and Data Science, was awarded to Prof. Pedro Domingos for his foundational research in data stream analysis, cost-sensitive classification, adversarial learning, and Markov logic networks.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Data Relevance and Intel Partnership - Jun 6, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs, the concept of "Data Relevance" in Big Data, experience of partnership with Intel, and BigInfo Labs' strategy for competitive differentiation.
- Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014: Day 2 Highlights - May 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by opinion mining experts from Fujitsu, FindiLike and Stanford University on Day 2 of Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014: Day 1 Highlights - May 14, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by opinion mining experts from Twitter, eBay and Samsung on Day 1 of Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014 - Apr 30, 2014.
Massachusetts Big Data Report 2014 (free download) highlights state successes, including almost 500 Big Data companies, $2.5B invested, 5600 students graduating from 14 data science-related programs, and identifies key priorities and growth opportunities.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Selected Talks on Day 2 - Apr 29, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by big data technology practitioners from NYSE, Glassdoor, Slice and Paychex on day 2 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Selected Talks on Day 1 - Apr 25, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by big data technology practitioners from eBay, YarcData, LinkedIn, Trulia, and other leading companies on day 1 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014: Highlights of Keynote Speeches on Day 2 - Apr 23, 2014.
Highlights from keynote speeches by big data experts from Facebook, RedPoint Global, Quintiles, Samsung, GMU, PayPal, and others on Day 2 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014: Highlights of Keynote Speeches on Day 1 - Apr 23, 2014.
Highlights from keynote speeches by big data technology leaders from industry and academia on first day of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Santa Clara.
- April-July 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Apr 1, 2014.
Coming soon - Big Data Innovation Summit (Santa Clara), MLconf NYC, SDM 13, PAW Toronto, PAKDD, AnalyticsWorld Chicago, Future of Consumer Intelligence, Useful Business Analytics Boston, and many more.
- FICO: 20+ Years of Analytics Innovations to fight Fraud - Mar 12, 2014.
FICO infographic shows 20+ years of analytics innovations protecting consumers from payments fraud. It highlights the most significant innovations in anti-fraud analytics for card payments, and offers interesting facts about payment fraud.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, Apr 9-10, Santa Clara - Mar 6, 2014.
Listen to 80+ speakers from top companies including JP Morgan Chase, Pfizer, Netflix, Bing, American Express, Samsung, IBM, and learn how to tackle Big Data challenges.
- ACM SIGKDD Innovation and Service Awards – Call for Nominations - Mar 3, 2014.
ACM SIGKDD Innovation and Service Awards recognize outstanding technical innovations and outstanding professional contributions to the field of Big data, Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery, and Predictive Analytics.
- Feb-May 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Feb 3, 2014.
Upcoming meetings include Strata Santa Clara, Data Science/Hadoop/Predictive Analytics Innovation Summits, PAW San Francisco, WSDM-2014, iKDD in India, Open Analytics Chicago, BigData Techcon, INFORMS Boston, and much more.