- KDnuggets™ News 17:n10, Mar 15: Becoming a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization? - Mar 15, 2017.
6 Business Concepts you need to become a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization?; Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $19 till Mar 31); K-Means & Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with Python; Free Online Data Science & Big Data Books
- Every Intro to Data Science Course on the Internet, Ranked - Mar 2, 2017.
For this guide, I spent 10+ hours trying to identify every online intro to data science course offered as of January 2017, extracting key bits of information from their syllabi and reviews, and compiling their ratings.
- First Deep Learning for coders MOOC launched by Jeremy Howard - Dec 21, 2016.
Leading Data Scientist and entrepreneur Jeremy Howard launches a free Deep Learning course that shows end-to-end how to get state of the art results, including a top place in a Kaggle competition.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n34, Sep 21: The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup; 7 Steps to Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 - Sep 21, 2016.
The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup; 7 Steps to Mastering Apache Spark 2.0; Machine Learning in a Year: From Total Noob to Effective Practitioner; Learning From Data (Introductory Machine Learning) Caltech MOOC
- Learning From Data (Introductory Machine Learning) Caltech course starts on edX Sep 18 - Sep 17, 2016.
This introductory Machine Learning course taught by top Caltech professor Abu-Mostafa covers theory, algorithms and applications, with focus on real understanding. Starts Sep 18, 2016 on edX.
- Free MOOC: Business Analytics Using Forecasting – enroll now - Aug 17, 2016.
A new iteration of a MOOC on business analytics using forecasting gets underway in October. Enroll today!
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n25, Jul 13: Top Machine Learning MOOCs; 5 Deep Learning Projects; Support Vector Machines Overview - Jul 13, 2016.
Top Machine Learning MOOCs and Online Lectures: A Comprehensive Overview; Support Vector Machines: A Simple Explanation; 5 Deep Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook; Why You Should Attend the Data Science Summit 2016 and 9 Talks To Be Excited About
- Top Machine Learning MOOCs and Online Lectures: A Comprehensive Survey - Jul 11, 2016.
This post reviews Machine Learning MOOCs and online lectures for both the novice and expert audience.
- 10 Must Have Data Science Skills, Updated - May 23, 2016.
An updated look at the state of the data science landscape, and the skills - both technical and non-technical - that are absolutely required to make it as a data scientist.
Pages: 1 2
- Google Launches Deep Learning with TensorFlow MOOC - Jan 26, 2016.
Google and Udacity have partnered for a new self-paced course on deep learning and TensorFlow, starting immediately.
- Free Online Course: Statistical Learning - Jan 12, 2016.
With a free MOOC from Stanford, dive into statistical learning with the respected professors who literally wrote the book on it.
- 5 Ways Data Scientists Keep Learning After College - Dec 17, 2015.
Taken from the answers experts gave, here is a compiled list of 5 essential actions and attitudes that keep data scientists learning after their degrees.
Pages: 1 2
- Top Coursera Data Science Specializations: Comparison & Exclusive Insight - Nov 12, 2015.
There are more MOOC learning options for Data Scientists today than ever. Take a tour of Coursera's 8 Data Science specializations, with exclusive insight from program coordinators and course instructors.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The Best Advice From Quora on ‘How to Learn Machine Learning’ - Oct 15, 2015.
Top machine learning writers on Quora give their advice on learning machine learning, including specific resources, quotes, and personal insights, along with some extra nuggets of information.
Pages: 1 2
- Northwestern MOOC Specialization: “Social Marketing – How to Profit in a Digital World;” Lexalytics CMO Seth Redmore Featured Faculty Member - Oct 12, 2015.
Six-part series offered through Coursera will teach entrepreneurs, executives, and marketing professionals how to manage, measure, and monetize social media marketing programs.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” repeats in Oct 2015 - Sep 28, 2015.
Due to the large success of the first two runs, this 6 week online course is repeated in October. The course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Data Science of Process Mining – Understanding Complex Processes - Sep 28, 2015.
Process Mining is introduced and explained, including Its benefits for Data Science, and key resources for further exploring Process Mining, including videos, articles, and MOOCs.
Pages: 1 2
- 15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science - Sep 23, 2015.
The essential mathematics necessary for Data Science can be acquired with these 15 MOOCs, with a strong emphasis on applied algebra & statistics.
Pages: 1 2
- A New MOOC on Strategic Business Analytics - Sep 18, 2015.
Coursera and ESSEC Business School launch a MOOC on how to create value from data to solve business issue. It focuses on 4 sets of skills: analytics, IT, business, and communication.
- Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? - Sep 16, 2015.
Embarking on a journey through the lands of machine learning? Here are few important lessons like Feature Engineering, Model tuning, Overfitting, Ensembling etc. which you should keep in mind along the way.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n30, Sep 16: 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science; Analytics Jobs Length; Salary by Role - Sep 16, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, ML; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Data Scientists don't stay long in their jobs; Salaries by Roles in Data Science and BI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- Top 20 Data Science MOOCs - Sep 5, 2015.
Looking out for the next data science MOOC? Checkout from our extensive list of MOOCs which covers all data science disciplines which are offered by leading organizations.
Pages: 1 2
- Coursera/Stanford “Mining Massive Datasets”, free online course - Jul 22, 2015.
Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Next session of this great course starts Sep 12 on Coursera and is free.
- Data Lakes for Big Data, Free MOOC from EMC - Apr 23, 2015.
What can Big Data and Data Lakes do for you? Find out in our FREE Data Lakes for Big Data MOOC.
- CourseBuffet: Organizing MOOC Courses on Big Data, Data Science, Statistics - Apr 12, 2015.
CourseBuffet organizes MOOCs in a course catalog format and includes over 100 courses on Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, and Statistics.
- Coursera: Process Mining: Data science in Action, April 2015 - Mar 14, 2015.
Due to the big success of the first run, this 6 week online course is repeated on Coursera, starting April 1. This free course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Predictions: 2015 Analytics and Data Science Hiring Market - Jan 13, 2015.
Thanks to Big Data, analytics have become inescapable. Forget the C-Suite if you’re not a Data Geek, recruiting for startups gets harder, analytics salary bands get a lift, and more 2015 predictions.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC, Jan-Mar 2015 - Jan 12, 2015.
Don't miss! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Next session of this great course starts Jan 31 on Coursera and is free.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 22-28: Top 10 Data Science Skills, and How to Learn Them; How to tell correlation from causation - Dec 29, 2014.
Top 10 Data Science Skills, and How to Learn Them; Mathematicians claim to figure out how to tell correlation from causation; Review of #MOOC Learning from Data - the class that changed everything; Free Big Data sources every Data Science enthusiast should know.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 22-23: Great list: 20 new data viz tools of 2014; Review of “Learning from Data” MOOC - Dec 24, 2014.
Review of #MOOC Learning from Data (#MachineLearning) - the class that changed everything; #DeepLearning is like Renormalization: deep link between physics, biology, ML; Great list: 20 new #data #viz tools of 2014; "Back to the drawing board" - first appeared in New Yorker cartoon in 1941.
- 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist - Nov 22, 2014.
Burtch Works details the top 9 data science skills that potential data scientists must have to be competitive in this growing marketplace from the perspective of a recruiter.
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- edX “Learning From Data” Caltech course - Sep 18, 2014.
This introductory Machine Learning course taught by top Caltech professor Abu-Mostafa covers theory, algorithms and applications, with focus on real understanding. Starts Sep 25 on edX.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Top stories for Sep 7-13: Hiring Data Scientists; MOOC – Process Mining - Sep 14, 2014.
Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” - Sep 10, 2014.
This 6 week online course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Top stories for Aug 3-9: Cartoon: Big Data Viz and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell on Data Mining, Statistica future - Aug 10, 2014.
Cartoon: Big Data Visualization and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics, Data Mining, Statistica future; Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto highlights.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-7: Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 8, 2014.
Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science; New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining in 2014; If you love Pizza and #DataScience, here is a unique job for you.
- Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 6, 2014.
Learn about the different ways to become a data science including a master's degree, bootcamps, or self-learning with MOOCs and their advantages and disadvantages.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Highlights from Workshops - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from MIT, Georgia Tech, Microsoft Research and CUHK during workshops at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.
- SAS Analytics U to offer free software, MOOCs - Mar 25, 2014.
The new SAS University Edition and already established SAS OnDemand for Academics offer free use of SAS foundational technologies, ideal for data and statistical analysis in teaching, research and self-paced learning.
- Learning from Data, Caltech Free Online Course, now with captions in 40 languages - Jan 19, 2014.
Free, introductory Machine Learning online course, taught by a top-rated Caltech professor Yaser Abu-Mostafa, now with professional captioning in more than 40 languages.
- WekaMOOC: Data Mining with Weka, complete online course - Dec 21, 2013.
The course features video lectures by Professor Ian H. Witten, with English & Chinese subtitles, open-source Weka data mining platform. What were the most interesting lectures?
- Coursera Andrew Ng on Online Revolution: Education for Everyone - Aug 15, 2013.
My report on KDD-2013 Keynote talk by Coursera co-founder Andrew Ng, on Coursera far-reaching experiment in education, which collected more educational data in one year than all the universities in the history of mankind. Andrew Ng believes that great education should not be only for the privileged but should be a fundamental human right.