- Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know - Feb 24, 2017.
Are you considering making a move from R to Python? Here are the libraries you need to know, how they stack up to their R contemporaries, and why you should learn them.
- Introduction to Correlation - Feb 22, 2017.
Correlation is one of the most widely used (and widely misunderstood) statistical concepts. We provide the definitions and intuition behind several types of correlation and illustrate how to calculate correlation using the Python pandas library.
- Making Python Speak SQL with pandasql - Feb 8, 2017.
Want to wrangle Pandas data like you would SQL using Python? This post serves as an introduction to pandasql, and details how to get it up and running inside of Rodeo.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n04, Feb 1: Data Science and Python Wrangling: Pandas Cheat Sheet; Great Collection of Machine Learning Algorithms - Feb 1, 2017.
Also Great Collection of Minimal and Clean Implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms; Bad Data + Good Models = Bad Results; Data Scientist - best job in America, again.
- Pandas Cheat Sheet: Data Science and Data Wrangling in Python - Jan 27, 2017.
The Pandas library can seem very elaborate and it might be hard to find a single point of entry to the material: with other learning materials focusing on different aspects of this library, you can definitely use a reference sheet to help you get the hang of it.
- Tidying Data in Python - Jan 4, 2017.
This post summarizes some tidying examples Hadley Wickham used in his 2014 paper on Tidy Data in R, but will demonstrate how to do so using the Python pandas library.
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January - Jan 2, 2017.
There are a lot of popular machine learning projects out there, but many more that are not. Which of these are actively developed and worth checking out? Here is an offering of 5 such projects, the most recent in an ongoing series.
- Introduction to Machine Learning for Developers - Nov 28, 2016.
Whether you are integrating a recommendation system into your app or building a chat bot, this guide will help you get started in understanding the basics of machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- Statistical Data Analysis in Python - Jul 18, 2016.
This tutorial will introduce the use of Python for statistical data analysis, using data stored as Pandas DataFrame objects, taking the form of a set of IPython notebooks.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 6 – Jul 12: Statistical Data Analysis #Python #Jupyter Notebooks; Modern Pandas Notebooks - Jul 13, 2016.
Statistical Data Analysis in #Python (#Jupyter Notebooks); Modern Pandas: idiomatic Pandas notebook collection; New (free) book by @rdpeng: #rstats Programming for #DataScience
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - May 19, 2016.
We all know the big machine learning projects out there: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Theano, etc. But what about the smaller niche projects that are actively developed, providing useful services to users? Here are 5 such projects.
- Doing Data Science: A Kaggle Walkthrough – Cleaning Data - Mar 23, 2016.
Gain insight into the process of cleaning data for a specific Kaggle competition, including a step by step overview.
Pages: 1 2
- Python Data Science with Pandas vs Spark DataFrame: Key Differences - Jan 29, 2016.
A post describing the key differences between Pandas and Spark's DataFrame format, including specifics on important regular processing features, with code samples.
- Overview of Python Visualization Tools - Nov 3, 2015.
An overview and comparison of the leading data visualization packages and tools for Python, including Pandas, Seaborn, ggplot, Bokeh, pygal, and Plotly.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 30 – Apr 01: Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 CheatSheet - Apr 2, 2015.
Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 Cheat Sheet; Great Data Science resource: Intro to Statistics using Python, Pandas; 14 Best Python Pandas Features; Data Science shows why taxis can never compete.