- The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory: Data Scientist - Apr 14, 2017.
Seeking a Data Scientist to develop inventive, cutting-edge prototype solutions for challenges in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Deep Learning Works Great Because the Universe, Physics and the Game of Go are Vastly Simpler than Prior Models and Have Exploitable Patterns - Dec 16, 2016.
How is Deep Learning experiencing such success solving complex problems? Deep Learning is useful and powerful but it is also that the problems were not as big or as hard as researchers feared when they were unsolved.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Physics, LHC, and Cosmology - Dec 8, 2016.
Big Data management is essential for experimental science and technologies used in various science communities often predate those in Big Data industry and in many cases continue to develop independently. This post highlights some of these technologies, focusing on those used by several projects supported by the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Centre (NERSC).
Pages: 1 2
- Theoretical Data Discovery: Using Physics to Understand Data Science - Jul 29, 2016.
Data science may be a relatively recent buzzword, but the collection of tools and techniques to which it refers come from a broad range of disciplines. Physics has a wealth of concepts to learn from, as evidenced in this piece.
- From Research to Riches: Data Wrangling Lessons from Physical and Life Science - Jun 23, 2016.
With a background in bioinformatics, Christian discusses his recent transition to the world of data science and the learning curve associated with this dynamic field.
- Interview: Arno Candel, H2O.ai on the Journey from Physics to Machine Learning - Jan 22, 2015.
We discuss Arno’s career path, transition from Physics to Machine Learning, talent gap in Big Data, advice and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 22-23: Great list: 20 new data viz tools of 2014; Review of “Learning from Data” MOOC - Dec 24, 2014.
Review of #MOOC Learning from Data (#MachineLearning) - the class that changed everything; #DeepLearning is like Renormalization: deep link between physics, biology, ML; Great list: 20 new #data #viz tools of 2014; "Back to the drawing board" - first appeared in New Yorker cartoon in 1941.