- KDnuggets™ News 17:n14, Apr 12: Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; Top Machine Learning & Deep Learning Papers - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; New Poll: What data types you analyzed?; The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
- New Poll: What data types you analyzed? - Apr 11, 2017.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What data types you analyzed in the past 12 months? Please vote.
- Data Scientists Strongly Oppose Trump Immigration Ban - Feb 21, 2017.
Latest poll of nearly 1000 analytics professionals and data scientists who read KDnuggets shows that 75% worldwide and 77% in the US oppose Trump Immigration Ban. The poll results reveal sharp polarization, with strong views prevailing on both sides.
- New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban? - Feb 9, 2017.
Express your opinion about Trump Immigration ban and find out what does Google Autocomplete offers when you search for "Trump Immigration".
- The Surprising Ethics of Humans and Self-Driving Cars - Jan 9, 2017.
The surprising finding is that people are much more willing to ride in a self-driving car that might kill them to save several pedestrians than in a car that would save them but kill pedestrians. Asian respondents had significantly different preferences from US and Europe.
- New Poll: Can You Live with Ethics of Machine Learning and Self-Driving Cars? - Dec 19, 2016.
The difficult thing about Machine Learning Ethics is that it forces us to consider the harsh choices people sometimes have to make but don't want to think about. Here is one such situation - what is the right choice? Please vote.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n44, Dec 14: Key Data Science 2016 Events, 2017 Trends; Where Data Science was applied; Bayesian Basics - Dec 14, 2016.
Data Science, Predictive Analytics Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017; Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016; Bayesian Basics, Explained; Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017; Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) Introduction
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016 - Dec 12, 2016.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Anti-spam, Mobile apps, Travel/hospitality grew the most in 2016. Share of Health care, Consumer analytics, and Direct Marketing/ Fundraising data science applications declined for 2 years in a row.
- Industries / Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2016? - Nov 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What are the Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Science, Data Mining in 2016? Please vote and we will publish the analysis and trends.
- Trump, The Statistics of Polling, and Forecasting Home Prices - Nov 12, 2016.
Why polling has failed in US Presidential election? The home price index offers an apt comparison inasmuch as sample selection is problematic, equally snagging both election predictions and home price futures.
- Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists - Nov 9, 2016.
The shocking and unexpected win of Donald Trump of presidency of the United States has once again showed the limits of Data Science and prediction when dealing with human behavior.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n38, Oct 26: Free Machine Learning EBooks; Neural Networks in Python with Scikit-learn - Oct 26, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career; A Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with Python and Scikit-learn 0.18!; New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined?; Jupyter Notebook Best Practices for Data Science
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Oct 22, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Please vote
- The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup - Sep 20, 2016.
This is a collection of tutorials relating to the results of the recent KDnuggets algorithms poll. If you are interested in learning or brushing up on the most used algorithms, as per our readers, look here for suggestions on doing so!
- Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists - Sep 12, 2016.
Latest KDnuggets poll identifies the list of top algorithms actually used by Data Scientists, finds surprises including the most academic and most industry-oriented algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- New Poll: Which methods/algorithms you used for a Data Science or Machine Learning application? - Aug 26, 2016.
Which methods/approaches you used in the past 12 months for an actual Data Science-related application? Please vote and we will analyze and publish the results.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n21, Jun 15: What Big Data, Data Science tools go together? Oppys for Machine Learning Startups - Jun 15, 2016.
What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? Opportunities for Machine Learning Startups; Top NoSQL Database Engines; How Do You Identify the Right Data Scientist for Your Team?
- What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? - Jun 14, 2016.
We analyze the associations between top Data Science tools, Commercial vs Free/Open Source, rank tools on R vs Python bias, find tools more associated with Big Data, those more associated with Deep Learning, and uncover strong regional differences.
Pages: 1 2 3
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n20, Jun 8: R, Python Duel for 1st Place; “Regular” Machine Learning vs Deep Learning; Numpy Intro - Jun 8, 2016.
R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software; What is the Difference Between Deep Learning and "Regular" Machine Learning; An Introduction to Scientific Python; How to Build Your Own Deep Learning Box
- R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software – KDnuggets 2016 Software Poll Results - Jun 6, 2016.
R remains the leading tool, with 49% share, but Python grows faster and almost catches up to R. RapidMiner remains the most popular general Data Science platform. Big Data tools used by almost 40%, and Deep Learning usage doubles.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n18, May 18: Annual Software Poll; Practical Data Science Skills; Creative Deep Learning - May 18, 2016.
Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Practical skills that practical data scientists need; Are Deep Neural Networks Creative?; TPOT : A Python Tool for Automating Data Science
- Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 14, 2016.
Vote in KDnuggets 17th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will clean and analyze the results and publish our analysis afterwards.
- Deep Learning is not Enough - Feb 9, 2016.
Deep Learning has real successes, but is not enough to reach artificial intelligence, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. For more complex problems, should pure neural-net approaches be combined with symbolic, knowledge-based methods?
- New Poll: Deep Learning – does reality match the hype? - Jan 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll looks at the very hot field of Deep Learning and asks: does reality match the hype? Please vote!
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n42, Dec 29: Where did you apply Analytics? 5 ways Data Scientists keep learning - Dec 29, 2015.
Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015; 5 Ways Data Scientists Keep Learning After College; Lessons from 2M Machine Learning Models on Kaggle; 10 BI Trends for 2016.
- New Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? - Dec 21, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - where did you apply Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? Please vote and we will analyze the results and report on trends and interesting findings.
- Big RAM is eating big data – Size of datasets used for analytics - Nov 20, 2015.
Here we analysed the KDnuggets surveys on the largest datasets used by practitioners to find out need for the Big Data tools over the Big RAM.
- Ethics should be a part of Data Science Training - Nov 6, 2015.
Over three quarters of Data Scientists support including ethics in Data Science training, and code of ethics is already a part of CAP certification and a part of UN Statistics division declaration.
- New Poll: Should Data Science Include Ethics Training? - Oct 20, 2015.
New poll is examining the question of Ethics and Data Science. Are Data Scientists more like physicians who take The Hippocratic Oath or more like Mathematicians, who work with numbers? Please vote.
- Poll Results: Data Scientists don’t stay long in their jobs - Sep 12, 2015.
Job market for Data Scientists is hot - half of them left their previous job after 2 years or less. In a hopeful sign for employers, Data Scientists plan to stay longer in their current job, for all job types.
- API for Prediction and Machine Learning: poll results and analysis - Sep 1, 2015.
APIs are set procedures which provide easy to use, automated, robust solution to the recurring programming challenges. Here, we analyzed major players in the big data domain are providing machine learning APIs.
- New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? - Aug 21, 2015.
Please vote: How long did you stay at your PREVIOUS analytics/data science job/position and how long to you expect to stay at your current one?
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n25, Aug 5: Largest Dataset Analyzed? Big Data & the Dog Question; Impact of IoT - Aug 5, 2015.
New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined?; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question; Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning.
- New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined? - Aug 4, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Will Gigabyte range dominate for another year or will Big Data miners share increase?
- R, Python users show surprising stability, but strong regional differences - Jul 14, 2015.
R remains the dominant language, with Python slowly catching up, and other languages shrinking. We also found surprising stability, with about 90% of R and Python users staying with that language, and strong regional differences.
- New Poll: Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science? - Jun 22, 2015.
The Data Science Championship fight - R vs Python: What was your Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science tasks?
- Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? - Jun 11, 2015.
We analyze the associations between the top Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science tools based on the results of 2015 KDnuggets Software Poll. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- R leads RapidMiner, Python catches up, Big Data tools grow, Spark ignites - May 25, 2015.
R is the most popular overall tool among data miners, although Python usage is growing faster. RapidMiner continues to be most popular suite for data mining/data science. Hadoop/Big Data tools usage grew to 29%, propelled by 3x growth in Spark. Other tools with strong growth include H2O (0xdata), Actian, MLlib, and Alteryx.
- Poll: What Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2015.
Vote in KDnuggets 16th Annual Poll: What Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project?. We will clean and analyze the results and publish our trend analysis afterwards.
- Data Scientists Automated and Unemployed by 2025? - May 5, 2015.
Will Data Scientists be unemployed by 2025? Majority of voters in latest KDnuggets Poll expect expert-level Data Science to be automated in 10 years or less.
- KDnuggets Poll: Future of Predictive Analytics: Human or Machine? - Apr 21, 2015.
The robots are taking over many jobs - will they take yours and mine? New KDnuggets Poll is asking if and when automation will reach the level of human data scientists.
- Poll: Machine Learning APIs - Apr 4, 2015.
Poll from Bart Baesens at KU Leuven asks about your usage of Machine Learning APIs and other predictive analytics tools.
- Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Apr 1, 2015.
The poll results suggest a split between a majority of data miners and data scientists who work with growing but still "PC-size", small GB-sized data, and a smaller group of Big Data analysts who work with cloud-sized data. Cloud computing, Unix, and especially Mac gained in popularity.
Pages: 1 2
- New Poll: Computing platform for your analytics, data mining, data science work or research - Mar 14, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What computing platform you use for analytics, data mining, data science work or research? Please vote.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n07, Mar 4: Analytics/Data Science Salaries; Machine Learning Flaws; Strata Highlights - Mar 4, 2015.
Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science salary survey by region and role; Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose - Highlights; All Machine Learning Models Have Flaws; Interview: Ted Dunning, MapR on The Real Meaning of Real-Time in Big Data, and more.
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n05, Feb 11: Annual Salary Poll; 10 things statistics teaches about Big Data; Data Science Jargon - Feb 11, 2015.
KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science salary poll; 10 things statistics taught us about big data analysis; Data Science's Most Used, Confused, and Abused Jargon; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; and more news, software, opinions, interviews, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic, publications, top tweets, and CFP.
- KDnuggets Annual Poll: Analytics/Data Science/Data Mining income/salary, role, and employment - Feb 11, 2015.
Please vote in KDnuggets annual poll on analytics / data science / data mining field income/salary vs analytic role and employment. We will analyze and publish the results.
- Majority thinks Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity - Jan 7, 2015.
The plurality of 48% in latest KDnuggets poll say Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity, but really interesting and scary questions have been raised - perhaps humanity is a threat to progress?
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- KDnuggets 14:n33, Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Top trends for 2015 - Dec 10, 2014.
Also: If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? 2nd look at Geoff Hinton AMA; Stop ignoring your text data, and more Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- New Poll: Industries where you applied analytics / data mining in 2014? - Nov 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: where did you apply analytics / data mining in 2014? Please vote and we will analyze, compare, and publish the results.
- CRISP-DM, still the top methodology for analytics, data mining, or data science projects - Oct 28, 2014.
CRISP-DM remains the most popular methodology for analytics, data mining, and data science projects, with 43% share in latest KDnuggets Poll, but a replacement for unmaintained CRISP-DM is long overdue.
- Top stories for Oct 12-18: New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining Projects? Big Data Is Not Big Context - Oct 19, 2014.
New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Projects? Big Data Is Not Big Context; Big Data on the Internet of Things; ADW, free software to measure semantic similarity.
- New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Projects? - Oct 13, 2014.
KDnuggets revisits the question of methodology, and asks "What main methodology are you using for your analytics, data mining, or data science projects?" Please vote.
- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Data Science is mainly a Human Science - Sep 23, 2014.
Data Science is mainly a Human Science: in latest KDnuggets Poll, 62% of data scientists worked only/mostly on human data. At the same time, most data scientists worked with both human and machine data.
- New Poll: Did you do Data Science for Humans or for Machines? - Sep 1, 2014.
Did you do mainly Data Science for Humans (explainable models for a human decision maker), Data Science for Machines (accuracy-oriented black-box models for automated algorithms), or both? Please vote.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-7: Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 8, 2014.
Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science; New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining in 2014; If you love Pizza and #DataScience, here is a unique job for you.
- New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining / data science work in 2014? - Aug 6, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What languages you used for analytics / data mining / data science work in 2014? Please vote.
- KDnuggets 14:n19, Big Data Gap; Boundary of Effectiveness; Great interviews; MLlib machine learning - Jul 30, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, and Tweets.
- Top stories for Jul 13-19 - Jul 20, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; GraphLab Create: large-scale machine learning platform for graph, structured, and text data; MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop - visual tool, free download; Interview: Marc Smith on Why We Need Open Tools for Social Networks.
- Poll Results: Largest Dataset Analyzed surprisingly stable - Jul 17, 2014.
The results of KDnuggets annual poll on Largest Dataset Analyzed show surprising stability over the last 3 years, with about 54% of answers in GB range, and confirm the gap between the internet-scale data miners and the rest.
- Top stories in June: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup - Jul 3, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football; KDnuggets 15th Annual Data Mining Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead; The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining and Data Science: Overfitting.
- KDnuggets 14:n16, Does Deep Learning have deep flaws? New poll: Largest dataset analyzed? - Jun 25, 2014.
KDnuggets analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Academic, Tweets, CFP, and Quote.
- New Poll: Largest dataset analyzed / data mined? - Jun 19, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? The median answer in 2013 was 40-50 GB. Please vote and we will analyze and publish the trends.
- KDnuggets 14:n15, Analytics Software Poll – Analyzed; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup - Jun 18, 2014.
Also Data Mining Cardinal Sin, KDnuggets Profile, CAP, and more analytics/data mining features, software, opinions, news, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic positions, publications, tweets, and CFP.
- KDnuggets Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll – Analyzed - Jun 17, 2014.
We analyze the results of KDnuggets Software Poll, including correlations between tools, and relationships between commercial, free, and Hadoop/Big Data tools. We identify a potential capability gap. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- Top stories for Jun 8-14 - Jun 15, 2014.
KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? Huge Big Data Poster and Reference.
- KDnuggets 14:n14, KDnuggets Analytics/Data Mining Poll Results; First Law of Data Science - Jun 10, 2014.
Also Datafication, US Open Data Plan, Kirk D. Borne, Raul Valdez-Perez and more interesting Interviews and Opinions, Analytics/Data mining Features, Software, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Top stories for Jun 1-7 - Jun 8, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; Stanford University: Data Analyst.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Top stories in May: New Poll – Analytics, Data Mining Software; Data Science Cheat Sheets - Jun 5, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; Big Data Landscape, v 3.0, analyzed; Where to Learn Deep Learning.
- Top stories for May 25-31 - Jun 1, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; Interview: Martin Hack, CEO, Skytree on Industrializing Machine Learning for Big Data; Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms.
- Top stories for May 18-24 - May 25, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Stacking the Deck: The Next Wave of Opportunity in Big Data; Michael O'Connell on how to lead in Big Data; Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation.
- KDnuggets 14:n12, Annual Poll: Software Used? Tamr & Data Curation; Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 21, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features, Software, Opinions and Interviews, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Top Tweets, and CFP.
- New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? - May 20, 2014.
Please vote in our well-known annual KDnuggets Software Poll: What Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, Data Science software you used in the past 12 months for a real project?
- Poll Results: Data Types/Sources Analyzed - May 17, 2014.
Trends in data sources for data mining include: table data dominates, followed by time series and text; audio, JSON grows in popularity, while itemsets decline; 70% access DB engines, but only 20% access NoSQL stores; Hadoop, MongoDB used more for text; Europe is lagging in NoSQL usage.
- New Poll: What data types/sources you analyzed in the past 12 months? - Apr 29, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What data types/sources you analyzed in the past 12 months? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com .
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.
- KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science Salary/Income Poll - Mar 4, 2014.
KDnuggets 2013 Analytics/Data Science Salary/Income analysis was a top read story of the year. Please vote - anonymously - in 2014 KDnuggets Analytics & Data Science Salary/Income poll - we promise the results will be interesting!
- Poll Results: Text Analytics Use Shows No Significant Change - Feb 18, 2014.
Surprisingly, latest KDnuggets Poll did not find a significant change in Text Analytics use over the past 2 years. While 66% make some use of text analytics, only 19% use it on the majority of their projects. Text Analytics seems to take off very slowly.
- KDnuggets talks to IBM: Data scientists: Hire an individual or team? - Feb 13, 2014.
KDnuggets recent poll about Data Science - Individual vs Team has caught attention of IBM. Listen to the podcast where I discuss the unexpected findings of this poll and other Data Science topics.
- New Poll: How much did you use Text Analytics? - Feb 4, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: How much did you use text analytics / text mining in the past 12 months? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com .
- Split on Data Science Skills: Individual vs Team Approach - Jan 21, 2014.
The results of latest KDnuggets poll show an almost equal split between those who favor individual and those who favor the team approach. See the counterintuitive regional differences and interesting comments.
- New Poll: Data Science Skills – Individual vs Team Approach - Jan 7, 2014.
Data Science positions and tasks need a rare combination of Statistics, Hacking, Database, Business, and other skills. New KDnuggets Poll is asking which approach is better for filling Data Science Positions - Individual or Team?