- Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know - Feb 24, 2017.
Are you considering making a move from R to Python? Here are the libraries you need to know, how they stack up to their R contemporaries, and why you should learn them.
- Great Collection of Minimal and Clean Implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms - Jan 25, 2017.
Interested in learning machine learning algorithms by implementing them from scratch? Need a good set of examples to work from? Check out this post with links to minimal and clean implementations of various algorithms.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 04-10: Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car takes you too far; A massive collection of free programming books - Jan 11, 2017.
Also AI #DataScience #MachineLearning: Main Developments 2016, Key Trends 2017; Scikit-Learn Cheat Sheet: #Python #MachineLearning
- Data Science 101: How to get good at R - Nov 1, 2016.
Everybody talks about R programming, how to learn, how to be good at it. But in this article, Ari Lamstein tells us his story about why and how he started with R along with how to publish, market and monetise R projects.
- Is Your Code Good Enough to Call Yourself a Data Scientist? - Oct 28, 2016.
Is your code good enough to be calling yourself a Data Scientist? Figure out how to determine the answer to this question... and gain some suggestions on ensuring that the answer is "yes!"
- What Data Scientists Can Learn From Qualitative Research - Jul 14, 2016.
Learn what data scientists can learn from qualitative researchers when it comes to analysing text, and how this relates to writing quality code.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 30 – Apr 05: Top 10 Essential Books for #Data Enthusiast; If Hollywood Made #Movies About #MachineLearning - Apr 6, 2016.
Top 10 Essential Books for #Data Enthusiast; If Hollywood Made #Movies About #MachineLearning; Learning to Code Diminishing Returns - coders training their digital replacements.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 28, 2015.
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
- EARL2015 Conference for users, developers of R, London (Sep 14-16) and Boston (Nov 2-4) - Aug 14, 2015.
The primary focus of both London and Boston Conferences is the commercial use and application of R across a broad range of business sectors.
- R Programming: Who, Where and What - Aug 11, 2015.
The “sexiest job” has the sexiest demand, and R is one of their leading weapons. Here, we are trying to capture how these unicorns are distributed, and also where you can move if you want to have great opportunities.
- Perfume, computer programming, and Harvard - Oct 8, 2014.
What is the connection between Perfume, computer programming, and Harvard education? Peter Bruce explains.
- COMAD India Graph Mining Programming contest - Sep 23, 2014.
Compete in the graph mining programming competition at COMAD 2014 and apply your skills to finding subcommunities in networks. Registration deadline is October 15th, and code must be submitted by October 27th.
- Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Sep 9, 2014.
Know key characteristics of what makes up a good data scientist based upon the three authors’ consulting and research experience, having collaborated with many companies world-wide on the topics of big data and analytics.
- New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining / data science work in 2014? - Aug 6, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What languages you used for analytics / data mining / data science work in 2014? Please vote.
- Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia - May 5, 2014.
We discuss the responsibilities of Data Science and Analytics teams, significance of programming knowledge for data scientists, important soft skills, talent landscape in data science and more.
- 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis - Apr 29, 2014.
Whether you are learning data science for the first time or refreshing your memory or catching up on latest trends, these free books will help you excel through self-study.
- Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language – what it means for Data Science? - Mar 2, 2014.
The coming Wolfram Programming language, 30 years in making, will probably be the largest, most comprehensive, and most knowledge-based programming language ever, and can be a significant advance for data science.