- Shortcomings of Deep Learning - Nov 15, 2016.
Current Deep Learning successes such as AlphaGo rely on massive amount of labeled data, which is easy to get in games, but often hard in other contexts. You can't play 20 questions with nature and win!
- Automating Data Ingestion: 3 Important Parts - Sep 9, 2016.
In the day and age of ‘Big Data”, data ingestion has to be automated on some level. How best to automate it?
- 3 Thoughts on Why Deep Learning Works So Well - Aug 10, 2016.
While answering a posed question in his recent Quora Session, Yann LeCun also shared 3 high-level thoughts on why deep learning works so well.
- Yann LeCun Quora Session Overview - Aug 1, 2016.
Here is a quick oversight, with excerpts, of the Yann LeCun Quora Session which took place on Thursday July 28, 2016.
- Avoiding Complexity of Machine Learning Problems - Mar 31, 2016.
Sometimes machine learning is the perfect tool for a task. Sometimes it is unnecessary overkill. Here are important lessons learned from the Quora engineering team.
Pages: 1 2
- Is Deep Learning Overhyped? - Jan 29, 2016.
With all of the success that deep learning is experiencing, the detractors and cheerleaders can be seen coming out of the woodwork. What is the real validity of deep learning, and is it simply hype?
- Introducing Quora’s Machine Learning Sessions Series - Jan 19, 2016.
Quora is launching a new format for interacting with domain experts and sharing knowledge, and its first topic is Machine Learning. Yoshua Bengio is the first expert, and he is accepting questions now.
- H2O World 2015 – Day 2 Highlights - Nov 19, 2015.
Highlights from talks delivered by machine learning experts from H20.ai, Jawbone, Stanford, Quora & PayPal at H2O World held in Mountain View.
Pages: 1 2
- The Best Advice From Quora on ‘How to Learn Machine Learning’ - Oct 15, 2015.
Top machine learning writers on Quora give their advice on learning machine learning, including specific resources, quotes, and personal insights, along with some extra nuggets of information.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 18, 2015.
Top Quora machine learning writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, academic research, and selecting and using appropriate technologies.
- Top 10 Quora Data Science Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 17, 2015.
Top Quora data science writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, approaching interviews, and selecting appropriate technologies.
- In Machine Learning, What is Better: More Data or better Algorithms - Jun 17, 2015.
Gross over-generalization of “more data gives better results” is misguiding. Here we explain, in which scenario more data or more features are helpful and which are not. Also, how the choice of the algorithm affects the end result.
- How to become a Data Scientist – brief answer - Apr 28, 2015.
The most important steps to become a Data Scientist: learn Python, deep understanding of machine learning, try to be up-to-date. Check more details in the post.
- Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete? - Oct 27, 2014.
Will deep learning will take over machine learning and make other algorithms obsolete, or is it too complex to use on simpler problems? We look at both sides of this discussion.