- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: Oxford Deep NLP Course; Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results - Mar 6, 2017.
Oxford Deep NLP Course; scikit-plot: Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results; Machine Learning at Berkeley's ML Crash Course: Neural Networks; Predicting parking difficulty with machine learning; TensorFlow 1.0 Release
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: TensorFlow Updates; AlphaGo in the Wild; Self-Driving Mario Kart - Feb 7, 2017.
TensorFlow 1.0.0-alpha; Unknown bot repeatedly beats top Go players online - so far it's undefeated; TensorKart: self-driving MarioKart with TensorFlow; GTA V integration into Universe is now open-source; Keras will be added to core TensorFlow at Google
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, 2016: Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment - Jan 11, 2017.
Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment; Huggable Image Classifier; xkcd: Linear Regression; AlphaGO WINS!; TensorFlow Fizzbuzz
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: OpenAI Universe; Deep Learning MOOC For Coders; Musk: Tesla Gets Awesome-er - Jan 5, 2017.
OpenAI Universe; Deep Learning For Coders—18 hours of lessons for free; Elon Musk on Twitter: Tesla Autopilot vision neural net now working well; Apple to Start Publishing AI Research; Duolingo's "half-life regression" method for modeling human memory
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: StarCraft II for AI Research; Google AI Experiments Website; Google in Montreal - Dec 5, 2016.
DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment; Google AI Experiments Website; Google opens new Montreal-based AI research lab; Lip Reading Sentences in the Wild; Clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton on Coursera - Nov 4, 2016.
NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton's Neural Networks for Machine Learning Coursera course; Introducing the AI Open Network; Making a Self-driving RC Car
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 05-11: Most Active #DataScientists on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop? - Oct 12, 2016.
Most Active #DataScientists, Free Books, Notebooks & Tutorials on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop?; Free #MachineLearning text PDF, from theory to algorithms; Top @reddit #MachineLearning Posts September.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, September: Open Images Dataset; Whopping Deep Learning Grant; Advanced ML Courseware - Oct 7, 2016.
Google Research announces the Open Images dataset; Canadian Government Deep Learning Research grant; DeepMind: WaveNet - A Generative Model for Raw Audio; Machine Learning in a Year - From total noob to using it at work; Phd-level machine learning courses; xkcd: Linear Regression
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Google Brain AMA, Image Completion with TensorFlow, Japanese Cucumber Farming - Sep 5, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Image Completion with Deep Learning in TensorFlow; Japanese Cucumber Farming; Andrew Ng's machine learning class in Python; Google Brain datasets for robotics research
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Google Brain AMA, Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal, Hinton ANN Course Lives! - Aug 2, 2016.
Google Brain AMA; Geoff Hinton Awarded IEEE Medal; Geoff Hinton's ANN Course Lives; Google’s DeepMind Reduces Data Center Cooling Bill; Training an artificial neural network to play Diablo 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Microsoft Videos, Machine Learning Training Pathway, Free Books! - Jul 5, 2016.
Microsoft Research Machine Learning Videos; Free Machine Learning Training Pathway; Andrew Ng's New Book; Coursera Removing Free Online Courses; Free Books!
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: TensorFlow Tricks; Machine Learning Tutorials; Google TPUs - Jun 1, 2016.
May on /r/MachineLearning was all about tutorials, TensorFlow, Google hardware, Deep Learning machine installations, and some laughs.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: New Google Machine Learning Videos, Deep Learning Book, TensorFlow Playground - May 2, 2016.
Check out the most popular topics on Reddit's Machine Learning subreddit from April, including TensorFlow, deep learning, tutorials, self-reflection, and free books.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, March: Hugs, Deep Learning Navigation, 3D Face Capture, AlphaGo! - Apr 4, 2016.
What's huggable, adversarial images for deep learning, overview of real-time 3D face capture and reenactment, deep learning quadcopter navigation, and a whole lot of AlphaGo!
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: Google Masters Go, Deep Learning Laughs, OpenAI AMA - Feb 1, 2016.
In January on /r/MachineLearning: Go gets mastered, deep learning laughs, an OpenAI team AMA, convolutional neural nets colorize black and white photos, and the AI community loses a leader.
- AMA Data Scientist, Jan 13: Jake Porway of DataKind - Jan 7, 2016.
Jake Porway is a machine learning and technology enthusiast, and founder of DataKind nonprofit which helps organizations use the power of data science in the service of humanity. He will do Reddit AMA on Jan 13, 2016.
- Nando de Freitas AMA: Bayesian Deep Learning, Justice, and the Future of AI - Jan 6, 2016.
During his recent AMA, machine learning star Nando de Freitas answers a host of questions on a number of topics, including Bayesian methods in deep learning, harnessing AI for the good of humanity, and what the future holds for machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: The Secret Sauce, OpenAI, Google vs. Facebook - Jan 4, 2016.
December on /r/MachineLearning: Is TensorFlow Google's "secret sauce?", AI leaders unite, an extensive curated list of machine learning resources grows, Google vs. Facebook, and Deep Q Pong.
- PAKDD 2016 Data Science Contest: Sarcasm detection on Reddit comments - Dec 17, 2015.
The contest task is to design an effective algorithm for sarcasm detection in the domain of opinion mining. Submissions due Feb 15, 2016.
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, November: Open source Plot.ly, Pokemon (?), Social analysis with R - Dec 3, 2015.
November on /r/DataScience: Plot.ly is open sourced, Pokemon and Big Data games, a new social network analysis package for R, insider information on landing a Google Data Scientist job, and a free data science curriculum.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: TensorFlow, Deep Convolutional Generative Adversarial Networks, and lolz - Dec 2, 2015.
In November on /r/MachineLearning, we've got a good laugh, a fantastic image-generating convolutional generative adversarial network, and a whole lot of Google TensorFlow.
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, October: Plagiarism, Reddit AMAs, Deep Learning Summer School - Nov 3, 2015.
Plagiarism, a data science author's upcoming AMA, Deep Learning Summer School, essential tools for us all, and data scientist interview questions.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: Machine learning video course, neural nets evaluate selfies - Nov 2, 2015.
Machine learning video lectures, deep nets evaluate selfies, Google focusing on machine learning, DeepMind's huge text dataset made available, implement a recurrent neural net, and open source face recognition with Google's FaceNet.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, September: Implement a neural network from scratch in C++ - Oct 6, 2015.
Neural network in C++ for beginners, Chinese character handwriting recognition beats humans, a handy machine learning algorithm cheat sheet, neural nets versus functional programming, and a neural nets paper repository.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Deep Learning paints in style of many famous painters - Sep 7, 2015.
Deep Learning algorithm generating paintings in the styles of famous artists, Genetic algorithms pioneer John Holland passes away, Beginner Python data analysis tutorial, LSTM networks explained, and Google Thought Vectors.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art - Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-Lapse Mining - Jun 1, 2015.
The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-lapse mining from Net photos, Deep Learning Textbook Part I, Kaggle R Tutorial, and Free Machine Learning ebooks.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 19-25: Neural nets for nipple detection; NHL Goal celebration hack - Apr 27, 2015.
Convolutional neural nets and Android App for nipple detection (NSFW), NHL goal detection, Geoff Hinton recent AI talk, top machine learning podcasts, and matrix multiplication in deep learning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 12-18: Andrew Ng AMA, Autoencoders, and Deep Learning Textbooks - Apr 23, 2015.
Andrew Ng's AMA, a probabilistic view of Autoencoders, open source sentiment analysis, deep learning textbooks, and Airbnb's host matching are all discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 5-11: Amazon Machine Learning, Numerical Optimization, and Conditional Random Fields - Apr 14, 2015.
Amazon Machine Learning as a Service, Numerical Optimization, Extracting data from NYTimes recipes, Intro to Machine Learning with sci-kit, and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 29-Apr 4: Andrew Ng AMA, Deep Learning for NLP, and OpenCL Convnets - Apr 10, 2015.
Andrew Ng's upcoming AMA, scikit-learn updates, Richard Socher's Deep Learning NLP videos, Criteo's huge new dataset, and convolutional neural networks on OpenCL are the top topics discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 22-28: Deep Learning flaws & Security, DeepMind Publications, and Keras - Mar 30, 2015.
Computer Vision security issues, DeepMind, statistics with Python, hacking on neural networks, and Keras, a neural network library are all topics on top of /r/MachineLearning this week.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 8-14: Word vectors, Hardware for Deep Learning, and Neural Graphics Engines - Mar 19, 2015.
Word vectors in NLP, Machine Learning's place in programming, hardware for deep learning, Machine Learning interviews, and neural graphics engines are all topics covered this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 1-7: Stanford Deep Learning for NLP, Machine Learning with Scikit-learn - Mar 9, 2015.
This week on /r/MachineLearning, we have a new NLP-focused deep learning course from Stanford, an introduction to scikit-learn, visualization of music collections, an implementation of DeepMind, and NLP using deep learning and Torch.
- Juergen Schmidhuber AMA: The Principles of Intelligence and Machine Learning - Mar 9, 2015.
Jürgen Schmidhuber, pioneer in innovating Deep Neural Networks, answers questions on open code, general problem solvers, quantum computing, PhD students, online courses, and the neural network research community in this Reddit AMA.
- Top /r/Machine Learning Posts, February: Automating Tinder, Jurgen Schmidhuber, and Shazam - Mar 5, 2015.
Automating Tinder with Eigenfaces, the elephant in the room of Machine Learning, the Jürgen Schmidhuber AMA, and Shazam's music recognition algorithm make up the top posts in the last month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 22-28: Jurgen Schmidhuber AMA and Machine Learning Done Wrong - Mar 4, 2015.
The Jürgen Schmidhuber AMA begins taking questions, machine learning done wrong, GPUs for deep learning, Google opens its native MapReduce capabilities, and Google publishes its DeepMind paper this week on /r/MachineLearning
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 15-21: The Elephant in the Room of ML Research - Feb 24, 2015.
Problems with deep learning papers, Coursera linear algebra courses, Reddit comment visualizations, deep learning lectures, and genetic algorithm introductions make up the top posts this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Google BigQuery Public Datasets - Feb 20, 2015.
Google BigQuery is not only a fantastic tool to analyze data, but it also has a repository of public data, including GDELT world events database, NYC Taxi rides, GitHub archive, Reddit top posts, and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Feb 8-14: Automating Tinder, Statistics and Machine Learning - Feb 17, 2015.
Automating Tinder with Eigenfaces, statistics lessons in big data analysis, an upcoming AMA, the basics of PCA, and neural network programming in Python are all topics covered in the last week on Reddit.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, January - Feb 13, 2015.
Talking Machines, SVM lectures, a new Stanford statistical learning online course, and a listing of open-source datasets top the most popular Reddit posts on /r/MachineLearning for the month of January.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Feb 1-7: Music recognition, Text Understanding from scratch - Feb 9, 2015.
Shazam music recognition techniques, deep learning for text understanding, neuroscience history, Neural Turing Machines using Torch, and genetic algorithms are the top topics on Reddit last week.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 25-31 - Feb 6, 2015.
Downsides to jobs in machine learning fields, AI learning materials, novel topic modelling techniques and weekly simple question threads are all topics of discussion this week on Reddit /r/MachineLearning.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 18-24: K-means clustering is not a free lunch; A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets - Jan 26, 2015.
Textbook Easter Eggs, issues with k-means, recurrent neural networks, genetic algorithm challenges, and the implementation of machine learning pipelines are all in this week's top /r/MachineLearning posts.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 11-17 - Jan 18, 2015.
SVMs, open source datasets, Bayesian decision theory, game AI, and deep learning visualizations are all featured in the past week's top /r/MachineLearning posts.
- Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything - Dec 1, 2014.
A review of Dr. Geoffrey Hinton’s Ask Me Anything on Reddit. He talked about his current research and his thought on some deep learning issues.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.