- Understanding the Chief Data Officer - Nov 1, 2016.
In this report you will find a concise look at how CDOs view their nascent role in high-profile organizations, focusing on guidelines and best practices for organizations looking to add their own CDO.
- Data Scientist Pay and Location: Indeed’s Tech Salary Report Overview - Sep 14, 2016.
An overview of Indeed.com's 2016 Tech Salary Report, and summary details of top cities for data-centric professions vis-a-vis adjusted salary.
- CrowdFlower 2016 Data Science Report - Apr 11, 2016.
A new data science report with survey results related to the success and challenges of data scientists, and where data science is going as a discipline.
- Forrester Research: It’s Time For A User-Driven Enterprise BI Strategy - Nov 4, 2014.
This report deconstructs the inherent conflict between IT and business users and presents an innovative action plan that gets both sides aligned in order to win, serve, and retain customers. Download free report.
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- Big Data Assessment – Key Business Drivers, Expected Benefits and Common Challenges - Jun 5, 2014.
Recent survey on Big Data outlook reports increasing interest in Big Data for more accurate and timely decision-making; and concerns about project costs and ability to scale.
- Forrester Research: Transform Your Organization with Strong Data Management - May 13, 2014.
New Forrester Research report shows how to build a more elastic and flexible data management practice to meet the new data demands. Free download compliments of Lavastorm Analytics.
- White House Report on Big Data: Opportunities and Values - May 9, 2014.
We summarize the key findings in the recently released White House report on Big Data, highlight the key opportunities and concerns, and list the recommendations made to the President.
- Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014 - Apr 30, 2014.
Massachusetts Big Data Report 2014 (free download) highlights state successes, including almost 500 Big Data companies, $2.5B invested, 5600 students graduating from 14 data science-related programs, and identifies key priorities and growth opportunities.
- Big Data Leads Top Paying Skills - Apr 29, 2014.
Big Data related skills led the list of top paying technical skills (six-figure salaries) in 2013. Several other useful insights are available in the Dice Tech Survey Report, available for free download.
- Forrester Research: Build Trusted Data with Data Quality - Apr 1, 2014.
Key takeaways of the report include: How managing data quality brings IT and the business closer together, Different data quality definitions, and advantages of transparency in data quality.