- Analytically Speaking Featuring Melisa Buie – On Demand - Apr 6, 2017.
Learn how to keep your audience from struggling to understand your work, why others should review your experimentation process, how to build your experimental muscle, and more.
- Ten Simple Rules for Effective Statistical Practice: An Overview - Jun 23, 2016.
An overview of 10 simple rules to follow to ensure proper effective statistical data analysis.
- We need a statistically rigorous and scientifically meaningful definition of replication - Oct 29, 2015.
Replication and confirmation are indispensable concepts that help define scientific facts. It seems that before continuing the debate over replication, we need a statistically meaningful definition of replication.
- Data Mining Process/Workflow Reproducibility and KNIME - May 1, 2015.
What happens with analytics and data mining workflows when different components change? KNIME approach of keeping the old versions as part of the platform guarantees reproducibility.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-22: Tensor methods for Machine Learning; Tibco survey: Big Data top use cases - Mar 23, 2015.
Tensor methods for #MachineLearning: fast, accurate, scalable, need open-source libs; #DataScience and Reproducibility: Explaining when the experiment does not work; Google #DeepLearning FaceNet is the best ever for recognizing faces; Tibco survey #BigData top use cases: Customer & Experience Analytics, Risk/Threat.
- The Elements of Data Analytic Style – checklist - Mar 4, 2015.
Jeff Leek book "Elements of Data Analytic Style" had a rocket launch, thanks to author course on Coursera. The book includes a useful checklist that can guide beginning data analysts or serve for evaluating data analyses.