- MIT Researcher New Meta-Analysis Method To Help Settle Unresolved Debates - Apr 27, 2017.
MIT Sloan professor builds new meta-analysis method to help settle unresolved debates. New method more accurately estimates basal metabolic rates and other effects only using prior studies.
- Awesome Deep Learning: Most Cited Deep Learning Papers - Apr 21, 2017.
This post introduces a curated list of the most cited deep learning papers (since 2012), provides the inclusion criteria, shares a few entry examples, and points to the full listing for those interested in investigating further.
- High Frequency, new journal on high-frequency data – submit your research - Apr 12, 2017.
Submit your research to HF, the first and only interdisciplinary journal on high-frequency data questions, including HF data assimilation, analysis, and/or methods for decision-making.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n14, Apr 12: Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; Top Machine Learning & Deep Learning Papers - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; New Poll: What data types you analyzed?; The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
- Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning - Apr 6, 2017.
Machine learning and Deep Learning research advances are transforming our technology. Here are the 20 most important (most-cited) scientific papers that have been published since 2014, starting with "Dropout: a simple way to prevent neural networks from overfitting".
- Eindhoven University of Technology: Full Professor Database Technology - Mar 22, 2017.
Seeking a candidate who should be an authority in a core area of Database Technology, and be able to teach courses on all basic topics within the broader field, with a clear and compelling world-class research agenda.
- The HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data infrastructure - Mar 10, 2017.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals for 2017.
- How To Stay Competitive In Machine Learning Business - Jan 4, 2017.
To stay competitive in machine learning business, you have to be superior than your rivals and not the best possible – says one of the leading machine learning expert. Simple rules are defined here to make that happen. Let’s see how.
- KDD 2016: Watch Talks by Top Data Science Researchers - Nov 17, 2016.
Watch the innovative talks and researches from top researchers in Data Science, presented at KDD 2016, San Francisco conference.
- Deep Learning Research Review: Generative Adversarial Nets - Oct 31, 2016.
This edition of Deep Learning Research Review explains recent research papers in the deep learning subfield of Generative Adversarial Networks. Don't have time to read some of the top papers? Get the overview here.
Pages: 1 2
- What is Academic Torrents and Where is Data Sharing Going? - Oct 26, 2016.
Learn more about Academic Torrents, a platform for researchers to share data consisting of a site where users can search for datasets, and a BitTorrent backbone which makes sharing data scalable and fast.
- 9 Bizarre and Surprising Insights from Data Science - Oct 5, 2016.
The petabytes of information currently available to analysts amounts to a boundless playing field of possible truths.
- Call for bids to host KDD-2019, Premier Research Conference on Data Science and Data Mining - Sep 28, 2016.
ACM SIGKDD Executive Committee hereby invites proposals to host the annual KDD Conference in 2019. The conference should take place in August 2019.
- Penn State: Director for the Institute for CyberScience - Jul 28, 2016.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished scholar with the vision and leadership to direct the ICS and its advanced computing resources.
- KDD Cup 2016: measuring the impact of research institutions - Mar 7, 2016.
KDD Cup 2016 competition aims at addressing a long-standing puzzle in academic society: how to rank an academic institution? Develop models to rank academic institutions based on their potential paper acceptance in the upcoming top-tier conferences.
- HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure - Feb 19, 2016.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals.
- Deep Learning and Startups: Notes on Rework Conference, San Francisco - Feb 17, 2016.
The Rework Deep Learning conference came to San Francisco this past January, and showcased both prominent deep learning researchers and startups. Get an overview of the proceedings with notes from an attendee.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n02, Jan 20: Research Leaders on Key Advances, Top Trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects - Jan 20, 2016.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github; Top 100 Big Data Experts to Follow; Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset.
- FlyElephant scientific computing platform – new features, promotions, webinars - Jan 19, 2016.
FlyElephant wishes you a Happy New Year. We started this year with an expansion of our platform, new webinars, and the formation of a community around the platform.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- Tour of Real-World Machine Learning Problems - Dec 26, 2015.
The tour lists 20 interesting real-world machine learning problems for data science enthusiasts to learn by solving.
- KDD 2016 San Francisco Call For Papers | Workshops | Tutorials | KDD Cup - Dec 5, 2015.
22nd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining invites submissions for research papers, applied data science papers, proposals for workshops and tutorials, and nominations and ideas for the prestigious KDD CUP contest. See deadlines and details.
- American Family Insurance: Research & Analytics Director - Dec 2, 2015.
Focus on the analytics that support our products, pricing, and claims. Top candidates will have deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, and main tools.
- MLconf Industry Impact Student Research Award Sponsored by Google - Sep 23, 2015.
The award is for current PhD students or recent graduates whose research is deemed to be useful for solving the problems currently faced in industry. Nominations due Oct 25, 2015.
- arXiv.org and the 24 Hour Research Cycle - Jul 21, 2015.
ArXiv.org gives researchers the ability to instantly publish research, free of peer review and the publication cycle. This capability offers both advantages and pitfalls. We should warily eye the 24-7 news cycle as a cautionary tale for how this could go wrong.
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call For Research and Service Award Nominations - Jul 17, 2015.
The IEEE ICDM awards recognize influential research contributions to the field of data mining, and major service contributions that have promoted data mining as a field and ICDM as the world premier research conference. Nominations due Aug 15.
- Microsoft Research Faculty Summit #FacSumm, keynotes streamed live July 8-9 - Jul 2, 2015.
Microsoft Research Faculty Summit will be streamed live from Redmond, WA, July 8-9. 2015 event focuses on AI and will feature three keynote speakers and a panel.
- Thomson Reuters: Research Director/Manager, Corporate Research & Development - May 8, 2015.
Lead and mentor a team of researchers in Eagan, MN; define and develop state-of-the-art information-based solutions for professionals around the world. Hands-on position, requires significant expertise in one or more focus areas.
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Unraveling Patient Treatment Journey by NLP on Clinical Notes - Apr 9, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at AstraZeneca, prominent use cases, how NLP helped understanding patient treatment journey in diabetes, data sources, insights, and more.
- KDD-2017, top conference on Data Mining, Data Science Research coming to Halifax, Canada - Mar 10, 2015.
The 2017 edition of KDD, the leading conference on Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Data Science Research will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- UWS (U. of Western Sydney): Manager, eResearch - Feb 19, 2015.
Embed eResearch across the research lifecycle as an essential component of research; enhance, develop, promote and support the eResearch capabilities within UWS. Apply by Mar 4.
- Top stories in January: (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Research Leaders on key trends, papers - Feb 6, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data key trends, papers; (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Analytics: Five Rules to Cut Through the Hype; 11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them.
- Top stories for Jan 11-17: Research Leaders on Data Mining/Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Jan 18, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science, and Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - what it is, how it works, why care?; Deep Learning can be easily fooled; Cartoon: Hello, Singularity.
- Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis on Deriving Value from Big Data through Smart Data - Jan 14, 2015.
We discuss the definition of Smart Data, how to derive Smart Data from Big Data, maturity assessment for Smart Data pursuit, computing for human experience and Kno.e.sis.
- Big Data accelerates medical research? Or not? - Oct 26, 2014.
Take a look at how big data in healthcare brings big opportunities, but along with those opportunities come great risk if statistics aren't carefully applied to those large datasets.
- UBC: Data Science, Canada Research Chair Tier 1 - Oct 10, 2014.
U. of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, seeks candidates for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Data Science, at a senior tenured associate professor or professor level. Apply by Jan 31, 2015.
- SPOTLIGHT: Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes and other Deadly Insects? #2 - Oct 9, 2014.
KDnuggets launches Spotlight initiative to bring attention to academic research. The journey begins with Prof. Eamonn Keogh, UCR and his talented student, Yanping Chen, who are applying data mining to save us all from insect-vectored diseases.
- KDD-2014 Awards Winners - Aug 22, 2014.
KDD-2014, the leading and the largest conference in data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery, recognizes the key researchers and contributors through several awards - read about the winners.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, KNIME Founder, on Research, Creativity, Big Data, and Privacy, Part 2 - Aug 12, 2014.
We discuss interesting research projects, scientific research and creativity, Big Data hype and reality, is privacy still possible, and advice for beginning Data Scientists.
- UW: Research Scientist Positions - Aug 1, 2014.
Do research and hone your engineering skills in an interdisciplinary environment on projects related to mining biological data, health care analytics, mobile networks, or healthcare big data.