- Gartner Data Science Platforms – A Deeper Look - Mar 3, 2017.
Thomas Dinsmore critical examination of Gartner 2017 MQ of Data Science Platforms, including vendors who out, in, have big changes, Hadoop and Spark integration, open source software, and what Data Scientists actually use.
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 23, 2017.
We compare Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms vs its 2016 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, MathWorks, Microsoft, and Quest.
- 89degrees: SAS Campaign Developer - Feb 16, 2017.
Seeking an SAS Campaign Developer, to work directly with our clients to design and implement solutions to help them maximize their use of customer data for marketing purposes.
- 89degrees: SAS Administrator - Feb 16, 2017.
Seeking a SAS Administrator who will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of our enterprise-scale SAS environments hosted within 89 Degrees’ data center or in the Cloud.
- Making sense of text analytics - Feb 9, 2017.
Gain a deep understanding of tools and techniques of text analytics and sentiment mining from statistical and NLP perspectives. Next course is in NYC, April 27-28.
- How do you model that? - Feb 6, 2017.
Learn how to identify complex and dynamic patterns within your multilevel data and how to build multilevel linear models (MLM) and multilevel generalized linear models (MGLM). NYC in March, Online in May, SF in July.
- New e-learning course: Fraud Analytics using Descriptive, Predictive and Social Network Analytics - Jan 31, 2017.
This online course teaches how to find fraud patterns from historical data using descriptive analytics, and social network learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n27, Jul 27: 5 Big Data Projects You Cant Overlook; Pokemon Go and Big Data; SAS vs R vs Python - Jul 27, 2016.
5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook; What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data? 10 Great Talks From SciPy 2016; SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer?
- Analytical Approaches to Solving Problems in Communications and Media - Jul 26, 2016.
Discover a set of techniques and methodologies to analyze and explore telecommunications data in order to improve business and operational performances. This new course debuts Sep 14 at Analytics Experience 2016 in Las Vegas.
- Boost your Business Analytics Skills - Jul 26, 2016.
Learn the latest business practices, concepts, methodologies and techniques in advanced analytics, data mining, survival analysis, explaining analytics to decision makers, fraud detection, and more with the SAS Business Knowledge Series.
- SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer? - Jul 22, 2016.
There are lots of flame wars involving different data science and analytics tools... but this isn't one of them. Check out the quantitative results and analysis of a Burtch Works survey on the subject.
- Data Science Tools – Are Proprietary Vendors Still Relevant? - Mar 25, 2016.
We examine and quantify the dramatic impact of open source tools like R and Python on SAS, IBM, Microsoft, and other proprietary Data Science vendors. We also investigate how open source tools were faring against each other, which are growing, which are falling, and look R versus Python debate.
Pages: 1 2
- Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 16, 2016.
We compare Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant Advanced Analytics Platforms vs its 2015 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, KNIME, Dell, Angoss, and Microsoft.
- Discover the power of business analytics - Nov 3, 2015.
Learn the latest business practices, concepts, methodologies and techniques in advanced analytics, data mining, survival analysis, explaining analytics to decision makers, fraud detection, and more with these courses.
- SAS Adds Certifications for Big Data and Data Science - Oct 28, 2015.
SAS has been in the business of analytics and data science for long time, this new offering comes at an opportune time as big data technologies are requiring new skills and demand for analytical talent is at an all-time high.
- Explaining Analytics to Decision Makers: Insights to Actions - Oct 27, 2015.
Communicating the value of analytics work requires different tools and skills than building predictive models, but you need to master these tools to have your work implemented.
- Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: Key Differences - Sep 29, 2015.
We hear lot about the data lakes these days, and many are arguing that a data lake is same as a data warehouse. But in reality, they are both optimized for different purposes, and the goal is to use each one for what they were designed to do.
- IAPA Informed Australia roadshow with Data Scientist Patrick Hall - Aug 4, 2015.
In 3 sessions in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra (tickets free, but seats are limited), SAS Data Scientist Patrick Hall will provide an inspiring look into his team machine learning research and how it applies to industry.
- SAS: Machine Learning Algorithm Research/Developer - Jul 15, 2015.
Developer with a strong analytical background and excellent programming skills to collaborate with a team developing new machine learning algorithms for NLP, text classification, sentiment analysis, and similar tasks.
- Simplilearn: Flat 30% off on 7-course Big Data package until June 22 - Jun 18, 2015.
Simplilearn updated All-in-one Big Data course packages now include latest databases like Apache Cassandra, Impala, and Google Big Table. Use Code ONLINE30 to get 30% Discount until 22nd June 2015.
- Simplilearn: Big Data, Analytics online courses discount, Free ebook - May 21, 2015.
The role of a Data Scientist is ever evolving and a candidate with up-to-date skills will be preferred over their peers across industries. Learn SAS, Hadoop, R, Big Data, and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses, special discount until May 30.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-18: Hadoop demand falls; Andrew Ng Machine Learning class, excellent course notes - May 19, 2015.
#Hadoop demand falls, 54% of enterprises have no plans for it; Download your entire #Google search history; #DataScience for #Dummies: An interview with author Lilian @BigDataGal Pierson; Andrew Ng Machine Learning Coursera class - complete, excellent course notes.
- Data ScienceTech Institute (Paris or Nice, France): Visiting Professors - May 12, 2015.
Data ScienceTech Institute, a new program offering European MSc in Data Science, in partnership with SAS, NVIDIA, and KDnuggets.com, recruiting visiting professors for our programs in Paris and Nice Sophia-Antipolis.
- Try JMP® free for 30 days - May 4, 2015.
JMP software from SAS gives you dynamic data visualization and analytics on the desktop - speed the learning cycle and make it easier to reach breakthrough discoveries.
- Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics 2015: Gainers and Losers - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM, SAS, and SAP lead in Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions for Q2, 2015. We compare with a previous Forrester Wave for 2013 and examine gainers and losers.
Pages: 1 2
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Courses – CAREER30 - Mar 12, 2015.
Get Big Data and Analytics certification - a big plus for your career - with Simplilearn courses on Analytics, Big Data, Hadoop, SAS, R, Cloud Computing, and more, now at 30% discounted prices until Mar 30.
- Alliant: SAS Programmer/Data Analyst, Direct Marketing/Credit - Mar 10, 2015.
Support our Analytics team with responsibility for data manipulation, model scoring and report generation.
- Simplilearn Big Data, Analytics Online Certification Courses – 50% off for a limited time - Feb 26, 2015.
Get 50% off Simplilearn Big Data & Analytics Online Certification Courses, including a new course - Big Data and Hadoop Administrator. Get a new iPhone5 with Classroom Enrollment - see details.
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: who gained and who lost - Feb 23, 2015.
SAS, IBM, KNIME, and RapidMiner lead in Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms. We analyze who gained and who lost versus last year.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Online Courses - Feb 19, 2015.
Be Big Data Ready - get 30% Off Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Online Courses with code FEB30A, valid till 28 Feb 2015.
- Expert Training within Reach - Feb 10, 2015.
SAS has partnered with some of the world’s most respected analytical thought leaders to offer you the best in analytics training.
- Interview: Rachel Hawley, SAS on Why Data Science Needs Communication Skills - Feb 4, 2015.
We discuss SAS Analytics Center of Excellence, trends, advice, desired skills in data science and more.
- Interview: Rachel Hawley, SAS on the Quest for Agile Analytics - Feb 3, 2015.
We discuss Agile Analytics, moving from traditional Analytics to Agile, challenges in operationalizing Analytics, SAS Enterprise Decision Management and SAS In-Memory Statistics.
- simplilearn Big Data & Analytics Certification Courses Online, 30% off till Jan 31 - Jan 26, 2015.
Use Coupon code - JAN30A to save 30% off on all online self learning Big Data and Analytics courses, including Analytics, Hadoop, R, and SAS. Valid till Jan 31.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 29 – Jan 04: A brilliant way to tell causation from correlation; Machine Learning Experts You Need to Know. - Jan 5, 2015.
SAS is n1 among major BI vendors whose users plan to discontinue use; How #MachineLearning, #BigData, and image recognition could revolutionize search; A brilliant way to tell causation from correlation; Machine Learning Experts You Need to Know: Geoff Hinton, Michael Jordan, Andrew Ng.
- Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills - Dec 15, 2014.
Our analysis of most demanded data scientist skills shows that Data Science is a team effort focused on business analytics, with top 5 platform skills being SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Hadoop.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics courses, 30% off - Dec 8, 2014.
Keep pace with the competition - upgrade your Big Data and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses in Cloud computing, Hadoop, SAS, R and more, now 30% off until Dec 31, 2014.
- If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? - Dec 6, 2014.
We expand on the idea "If programming languages were vehicles" and examine what would be the main languages for data science: R, Python, SAS, and SQL?
- Top 10 Big Data Companies by Revenue - Dec 1, 2014.
IBM, HP, Dell, and SAP lead the list of Big Data companies with the most revenue from big data hardware, software, and IT services.
- SAS: Text Analytics Fellowship - Nov 22, 2014.
Open to PhD candidates in CS, related fields in US, this fellowship offers the opportunity to work closely with Text Analytics professionals to develop software. Apply by Jan 23.
- Simplilearn: Enroll in Analytics and Big Data Training, get free Amazon Fire (until Oct 31) - Oct 27, 2014.
Be technically competent in data analytics processes with Simplilearn Business Analytics, Big Data, SAS, R, and Hadoop training. Enroll by Oct 31 and get a free Amazon Fire.
- Modern Analytics: Statistician/SAS Programmer - Oct 24, 2014.
Work closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support.
- DataLadder outperforms IBM and SAS in Record Linkage - Oct 16, 2014.
Data scientists from the Centre for Data Linkage at Curtin U. found that Connecticut-based firm Data Ladder has outperformed several major companies on record linkage.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- 10 reasons to attend the Analytics 2014 conference - Sep 17, 2014.
Don't miss Analytics 2014 conference, at Bellagio Las Vegas, Oct 20-21. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should attend, including a KDnuggets discount.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Accenture, Analytics Media Group, SAS and Intel on day 2 of INFORMS The Business of Big Data.
- SAS Analytics 2014, Las Vegas, October - Sep 4, 2014.
Join nearly a thousand analytics professionals at the Analytics 2014 conference in Las Vegas on Oct 20-21. Learn new skills. Grow your network. Have fun! Big KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 26 and beyond - Aug 25, 2014.
Tableau, Big Companies, Personalized Healthcare, Lavastorm Analytics, Mapping, Data Integration, SiSense, SAS and Cloudera and more.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- SAS Analytics, Data Mining, Statistics Training – Limited Time Offer - Aug 12, 2014.
SAS is celebrating training a million users! Don’t miss your opportunity to experience the SAS Business Knowledge Series with this special offer. Register by Aug 31 with promo code BKS1M and save.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 5 and beyond - Aug 4, 2014.
Hadoop and Relational DB, Seductiveness of Big Data, SAS to R, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- Join the brightest minds at Analytics 2014 - Jul 29, 2014.
The Analytics 2014 conference hosted by SAS will help you hone your skills, learn new techniques and widen your understanding of this complex and ever-changing field. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Making sense of text analytics - Jul 15, 2014.
Text Analytics and Sentiment Mining Using SAS course teaches you how to organize, manage and mine textual data to extract the best information to improve your business. Atlanta in August and Rockville in October.
- Modern Analytics: Intermediate Statistician/SAS Programmer - Jul 11, 2014.
This full-time consulting role works closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support. San Diego, CA.
- Behind the scenes insights with data mining expert Gordon Linoff - Jul 2, 2014.
Gordon Linoff is a widely respected thought leader, practitioner and teacher in the area of data mining. Register for his 2014 classes in Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Atlanta, or Dallas.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 30 and beyond - Jun 30, 2014.
CAP Theorem (key Big Data idea), Analytics and Machine Learning, SAS and Hadoop, MongoDB, Data Lakes, Data Visualization, and more.
- Analytics 2014 Conference – Oct 20-21, Las Vegas - Jun 24, 2014.
Analytics 2014 features four keynote speakers and more than 40 breakout sessions on hot topics like visual analytics, social media analytics, predictive modeling, and much more! Register by Aug 1 to get the early rates.
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-3: SAS vs R vs SPSS – Statistical Wars; RDataMining R Refcard for Data Mining - Jun 4, 2014.
SAS vs R vs SPSS - Statistical Language Wars - a giant infographic ; Very useful - R Refcard for Data Mining; Mind-boggling - The Internet in Real-Time - how quickly data is generated ; #BigData, Open Data, and Open Govt - Venn Diagram.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 28-29: SAS University Edition free software; Google Quantum Computing Playground - May 30, 2014.
SAS University Edition offers free #SAS software for higher education, teaching; Ultra-cool! Google "Quantum Computing Playground" - fiddle with quantum algorithms; Thomson Reuters: Data Scientist ; Realtime Personalization and Recommendation with Stream Mining.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 12 and beyond - May 12, 2014.
Who Owns the Data, The New Database Frontier, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Purchase history to Customer Projects, Hadoop and YARN, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 5 and beyond - May 5, 2014.
SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Hadoop, WCAI Oppy: Purchase history to id customer projects, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 30 – May 1: Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Donut - May 2, 2014.
Useful! Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Line, Donut, Choropleth; Microsoft Data Scientist; The Deep Dive: SAS vs. R: younger Data Scientists prefer R ; Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 28 and beyond - Apr 28, 2014.
Stuck in Traffic, Beyond Excel, Evolving Your BI Strategy, BLU Acceleration with Cognos, SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking Featuring David Meintrup, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.
- SAS: Research Statistician Developer - Apr 2, 2014.
Create innovative software to apply cutting-edge analytical techniques working with textual data from customer comments, social media, emails, and other sources.
- SAS Competition for Top Data Scientist in UK, Ireland - Apr 2, 2014.
The contest, open to the academic and business communities, aims to find UK and Ireland best talent in analytics and data science. The goal is to produce an innovative forecast of energy demand.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- SAS Analytics U to offer free software, MOOCs - Mar 25, 2014.
The new SAS University Edition and already established SAS OnDemand for Academics offer free use of SAS foundational technologies, ideal for data and statistical analysis in teaching, research and self-paced learning.
- Need more insight into Web analytics and intelligence? - Mar 18, 2014.
This course will show you how to improve your web site effectiveness and marketing measurements, with state-of-the-art web analytics and data mining techniques and real-life case studies.
- Data Mining Best Practices – coming to a city near you! - Mar 18, 2014.
The "Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices" course, presented by SAS and Elder Research, introduces you to the power and potential of data mining and shows you how to discover useful patterns and trends from data.
- Scholarships for first-ever Women in Statistics conference, May 15-17, Cary, NC - Mar 13, 2014.
The JMP team and SAS Women’s Initiatives Network want to empower three statistics students by helping them attend the Women in Statistics conference. Apply by April 11.
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.
- Learn to identify complex and dynamic relationships in multi-level data - Feb 4, 2014.
This advanced class provides a conceptual understanding of multilevel linear models (MLM) and multilevel generalized linear models (MGLM).
- SAS surpasses $3 billion in 2013 revenue - Jan 27, 2014.
The growth reflects strong sales of SAS Visual Analytics, anti-fraud solutions (44%), cloud computing (20%), data management and certain industry-specific applications (16-18%). For every one of its 38 years, SAS has grown revenue and shown a profit.
- Discover the power of business analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
SAS Business Knowledge Series offers courses by top industry experts on latest business practices, concepts, and techniques.