- Software Engineering vs Machine Learning Concepts - Mar 6, 2017.
Not all core concepts from software engineering translate into the machine learning universe. Here are some differences I've noticed.
- Turbo Charge Agile Processes with Deep Learning - Feb 7, 2017.
The key to leveraging Deep Learning, or more broadly AI, in the workplace is to understand where it fits within an agile development environment.
- Top Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang on Data Science Project Scope… and Reducing It - Oct 19, 2016.
Respected Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang shares some insight into problems lying at the crossroads of software engineering and data science, and prescribes one major solution: reduce scope!
- Connecting Data Systems and DevOps - Jun 17, 2016.
This post will explain why anyone transforming their company into a data-driven organization should care about software development best practices, even if they don’t consider themselves a software company.
- The High Cost of Maintaining Machine Learning Systems - Jan 21, 2015.
Google researchers warn of the massive ongoing costs for maintaining machine learning systems. We examine how to minimize the technical debt.
- Apple: Software Engineering Manager, Analytics Insight - Oct 22, 2014.
Apple Analytic Insight team is responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide. This role is to lead a team of software engineers who build tools to support the fraud prevention efforts.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty in AI/Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Virginia Tech seeks applicants for one tenure-track and two tenured faculty positions in three areas: artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering, and data analytics/cyber security.