- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition - Mar 14, 2017.
This article reviews the main options for free speech recognition toolkits that use traditional Hidden Markov Models and n-gram language models.
- Artificial Intelligence and Speech Recognition for Chatbots: A Primer - Jan 26, 2017.
Bot bots bots... Read this overview of how artificial intelligence and natural language processing are contributing to chatbot development, and where it all goes from here.
- Data Science of Sales Calls: 3 Actionable Findings - Jan 19, 2017.
How does AI help sales and marketing teams in the organisation? Let’s understand Dos and don’ts of sales calls with the help of analysis of over 70,000+ B2B SaaS sales calls.
- Achieving Human Parity in Conversational Speech Recognition - Dec 13, 2016.
This is an overview of the paper which outlines, for the first time, a system has been developed that exceeds human performance in one of the most difficult of all human speech recognition tasks: natural conversations held over the telephone.
- Data Science of Sales Calls: The Surprising Words That Signal Trouble or Success - Sep 29, 2016.
While not as profound a problem as uncovering the secrets of the universe, how to conduct a successful sales conversation is an age-old problem, impacting millions of people every day.
- Microsoft is Becoming M(ai)crosoft - Apr 25, 2016.
This post is an overview and discussion of Microsoft's increasing investment in, and approach to, artificial intelligence, and how their philosophy differs from their competitors.
- Nurture by Numbers – Big Data and Children - Mar 5, 2016.
Driven by rising healthcare costs and competitions for top schools, more organisations and individuals are turning to Big Data and Analytics to try and give their children the upper hand.
- Around the World in 60 Days: Getting Deep Speech to Work in Mandarin - Feb 24, 2016.
Baidu continues to make impressive gains with deep learning. Their latest achievement centers on Mandarin speech recognition, which you can read about here from the researchers involved in the project.
Pages: 1 2
- Xerox Research Centre India: Research Scientist/Engineer: Speech and Signal Processing - Oct 5, 2015.
Speech group main goal is to enable Human-Computer-Smartphone interactions to be speech enabled in our day-to-day and professional lives.
- Talking Machine – Deep Learning in Speech Recognition - May 2, 2015.
A summary about an episode on the talking machine about deep neural networks in speech recognition given by George Dahl, who is one of Geoffrey Hinton’s students and just defended his Ph.D last month.