- Stanford Webinar: Pitfalls of A/B Testing - Apr 21, 2017.
Join Ramesh Johari, Associate Professor, Stanford Department of Management Science & Engineering, as he discusses some common practices and pitfalls in A/B testing, Apr 26, 2017.
- Stanford Webinar, Mar 9: When big data seems too small - Feb 23, 2017.
On March 9, Stanford’s Dr. Gregory Valiant discusses the difficulties of and solutions for making accurate inferences in this challenging regime, in which the empirical distribution of the available data is misleading.
- Boost your career with Stanford data mining courses - Feb 14, 2017.
Be a member of an on-campus graduate class, watch lectures and complete assignments online, and digitally interact with your classmates. Stanford data mining courses: Flexibility. World-Class Teaching and Research. Stanford Credential.
- Ready to take on 2017’s data mining challenges? - Nov 3, 2016.
With Stanford Graduate Certificates in Data Mining, learn about the applications of mining data within large sets of complex data and how to leverage them into tactical information for your company.
- Mining Massive Datasets, free Stanford online course, starts Oct 11 - Sep 29, 2016.
Top researchers Leskovec, Anand, and Ullman teach online course on Mining of Massive Datasets. The course is free and starts on Stanford platform Oct 11, 2016.
- Stanford Webinar – Supersize Your Career with Big Data Opportunities - Aug 9, 2016.
Sign up for this upcoming webinar which will outline the variety of big data programs offered by Stanford to working professionals and answer common questions.
- Big Data: Content and Technology - May 11, 2016.
A discussion of using Big Data to provide insight into the big economic questions, and the big expectations that come along.
Pages: 1 2
- Stanford Webinar: The Secret to a Perfect Search, May 17 - May 5, 2016.
What makes “googling” the best way to search for something on the Internet? Join Rajan Patel, Stanford Instructor and Google Engineer, as he shares insights into the manipulation of large complex data sets and how you can turn them into valuable, actionable information for your company.
- Stanford: Data Mining, Data Science Online Courses, Certificate - Feb 22, 2016.
Take online Data Mining and Data Science courses with top Stanford faculty that count toward a Stanford Graduate Certificate. Spring quarter starts in March - enroll now.
- H2O World 2015 – Day 2 Highlights - Nov 19, 2015.
Highlights from talks delivered by machine learning experts from H20.ai, Jawbone, Stanford, Quora & PayPal at H2O World held in Mountain View.
Pages: 1 2
- Stanford Big Data Mining Certificates Online - Nov 10, 2015.
Earn online certificates in Mining Massive Data Sets, Data Mining, Optimization, and more while learning from world-renowned Stanford experts.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n29, Sep 2: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Big Data Out, Machine Learning In - Sep 2, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is In; KDnuggets part-time internship in Data Science, Data Journalism; The one language a Data Scientist must master.
- Stanford Data Science, Optimization Courses and Programs, online - Aug 31, 2015.
Master powerful techniques and statistical methods for analyzing data that will empower you to solve large scale problems and earn a Stanford Graduate Certificate Online.
- Coursera/Stanford “Mining Massive Datasets”, free online course - Jul 22, 2015.
Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Next session of this great course starts Sep 12 on Coursera and is free.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 16 and beyond - Jun 15, 2015.
Using electronic health records for better care, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Tips & Tricks for Logistic Regression, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 9 and beyond - Jun 9, 2015.
Improve Customer Experience Management with Text Analytics, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Why and When to Embed Business Intelligence, On-Demand RDF Graph Databases in the Cloud, By Ontotext, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 19 and beyond - May 18, 2015.
Demystify Data Flows, How Analytics Might Save Your Life, 5 Predictive Analytics Lessons, 3 Ways to Improve Targeted Marketing, Building an Analytics Team, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, and more.
- Stanford Webinar: Big Data + Electronic Health Records = Better Healthcare, June 18 - May 15, 2015.
We show how to transform unstructured patient notes into a de-identified, temporally ordered, patient-feature matrix, and examine use-cases use the resulting data to improve learning of practice-based evidence in electronic medical records.
- Stanford Online Courses: Use data to solve biological, medical problems - Feb 10, 2015.
Stay at the cutting-edge and take courses online from Stanford that will teach you techniques used in new applications in biomedicine. Enrollment for spring open till Mar 20.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC, Jan-Mar 2015 - Jan 12, 2015.
Don't miss! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Next session of this great course starts Jan 31 on Coursera and is free.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- Stanford’s AI100: Century-Long Study on Effects of Artificial Intelligence on Human Life - Dec 26, 2014.
Stanford unveils new 100 year study on the impact of artificial intelligence, particularly on democracy, privacy, the military. Surprisingly, perspectives from outside the AI community are absent from the initial panel.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Stanford: Online Certificates in Data Mining and Management - Nov 6, 2014.
Learn the science and art of managing people, products, processes, and data with from Stanford world-famous faculty with online courses like "Mining Massive Data Sets" or "Intro to Statistical Learning".
- Stanford, Postdoc: Data-driven Prediction for Subsurface Flow - Oct 17, 2014.
Postdoc Data Scientist position at Stanford Dept of Energy Resources Engineering to develop data-driven prediction modeling for subsurface flow.
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Statistical Learning and Data Mining III, Boston, Oct 27-28 - Aug 14, 2014.
Taught by top Stanford professors and leading statisticians Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani, this course presents 10 hot ideas for learning from data, and gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 4 Highlights - Aug 8, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Berkeley, Clark Atlanta Univ, Florida Institute of Technology, Rober Bosh LLC and HP on day 4 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014, Stanford.
- Stanford: Learn the science and art of managing people, products, and data - Aug 7, 2014.
Learn from world-renowned Stanford faculty - get online certificates and take online courses in Data Mining and Applications, Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Modeling, and more.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 3 Highlights - Aug 5, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Davis, UT Dallas, Northrop Grumman Corp and NIST on day 3 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Aug 4, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from USC, YarcData and Revolution Analytics on day 2 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 1, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from Pivotal, IBM Research, George Washington University, IARPA at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Highlights from Workshops - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from MIT, Georgia Tech, Microsoft Research and CUHK during workshops at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 6-8: Statistical-learning tutorial w. scikit-learn; Data science vs the hunch - Jun 9, 2014.
A tutorial on statistical learning with with scikit-learn ; Data science vs the hunch: When data contradicts manager gut instinct; Stanford University: Data Analyst ; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses.
- Top stories for Jun 1-7 - Jun 8, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; Stanford University: Data Analyst.
- Stanford University: Data Analyst - Jun 6, 2014.
Work with wide-range of challenges by analyzing unique expenditure datasets, produce insights to help reduce spending and improve reimbursements, payments, and contractors payments.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 5-6: xkcd looks at Love and Statistics; Analytics job applicants – avoid these mistakes - May 7, 2014.
xkcd looks at Love and Statistics: Why it is important to label your axes; Analytics job applicants - avoid these common mistakes; Stanford Online Courses: Education + Advanced Skills = Awesome Career; Landmark for AI: computer system solves Algebra word problems.
- Stanford Online Courses: Education + Advanced Skills = Awesome Career - May 6, 2014.
With Stanford world-class online certificates, show advanced knowledge in Data Mining and Applications, Mining Massive Data Sets, and more. Enrollment for summer quarter open now till June 9.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 17-18: NSA metadata can find medical/financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 19, 2014.
Stanford students show NSA metadata can find medical, financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures ; Social Networks are investing big in Artificial Intelligence; 7 Key Skills of Effective Data Scientists.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 3-4: Accenture/MIT data science challenge; Spark graduates, 100x faster than Hadoop - Mar 5, 2014.
Accenture and MIT data science challenge - analyze City of Chicago; Spark graduates from Apache Incubator, 100x faster than Hadoop over in-memory data; Stanford Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online; Data Mining Cup 2014 - Student Competition starts.
- etcML Promises to Make Text Classification Easy - Mar 5, 2014.
etcML is a new and free tool that allows even novice user use the power of machine learning and text classification.
- Stanford Data Mining, Finance, and Statistics Courses Online - Mar 4, 2014.
With Stanford world-class online certificates, show advanced knowledge in Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Risk Analysis, and Quantitative Methods in Finance. Spring quarter enrollment until Mar 26.
- Book: Mining of Massive Datasets, 2nd Edition, free download - Feb 12, 2014.
The second edition of this landmark book adds Jure Leskovec as a coauthor and has 3 new chapters, on mining large graphs, dimensionality reduction, and machine learning. You can still freely download a PDF version.
- 3X: A workbench for computational experiments - Jan 17, 2014.
3X is an open-source software tool to ease the burden of conducting computational experiments and managing data analytics, providing a standard yet configurable structure to execute a wide variety of experiments in a systematic way.