- Level-up your analytics with text mining, Apr 27 Webinar - Apr 17, 2017.
MeaningCloud, leader in SaaS semantic analytics, has new RapidMiner extension that offers very powerful and flexible text analytics and the ability to extract the meaning of any unstructured text. Learn more in April 27 webinar.
- WordStat for Stata Now on Macs - Apr 14, 2017.
WordStat is a flexible and easy-to-use text analysis software – whether you need text mining tools for fast extraction of themes and trends, or careful and precise measurement with state-of-the-art quantitative content analysis tools. Now works on Macs.
- Machine Learning Finds “Fake News” with 88% Accuracy - Apr 12, 2017.
In this post, the author assembles a dataset of fake and real news and employs a Naive Bayes classifier in order to create a model to classify an article as fake or real based on its words and phrases.
- Text Analytics: A Primer - Mar 14, 2017.
Marketing scientist Kevin Gray asks Professor Bing Liu to give us a quick snapshot of text analytics in this informative interview.
- Making sense of text analytics - Feb 9, 2017.
Gain a deep understanding of tools and techniques of text analytics and sentiment mining from statistical and NLP perspectives. Next course is in NYC, April 27-28.
- What Americans Really Think About Trump’s Immigration Ban and Why - Feb 9, 2017.
What do Americans really think of the President's immigration ban? Text analysis of what people say in their own words reveals more than multiple-choice surveys.
- Provalis Research Releases an Enhanced Qualitative Data Analysis Freeware - Feb 3, 2017.
Upgraded version of the qualitative analysis freeware QDA Miner Lite now includes a document overview, tree-grid display, image rotation and resizing, importing from PowerPoint and more.
- Text Mining Amazon Mobile Phone Reviews: Interesting Insights - Jan 10, 2017.
We analyzed more than 400 thousand reviews of unlocked mobile phones sold on Amazon.com to find out insights with respect to reviews, ratings, price and their relationships.
- Social Media for Marketing and Healthcare: Focus on Adverse Side Effects - Jan 9, 2017.
Social media like twitter, facebook are very important sources of big data on the internet and using text mining, valuable insights about a product or service can be found to help marketing teams. Lets see, how healthcare companies are using big data and text mining to improve their marketing strategies.
- What is emotion analytics and why is it important? - Oct 19, 2016.
In today’s Internet world, humans express their Emotions, Sentiments and Feelings via text/comments, emojis, likes and dislikes. Understanding the true meanings behind the combinations of these electronic symbols is very crucial and this is what this article explains.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The Trump Phenomenon: A Twitter Based Recount - Sep 26, 2016.
This analysis uses Twitter data to perform a sentiment analysis to help determine how people truly feel about Trump. We found that while his fans have supported him throughout his entire campaign, more and more Twitter users have started to grow tired of Trump’s attitude.
Pages: 1 2
- What Data Scientists Can Learn From Qualitative Research - Jul 14, 2016.
Learn what data scientists can learn from qualitative researchers when it comes to analysing text, and how this relates to writing quality code.
- Explore your unstructured text data - Jul 13, 2016.
Learn examples of success with text exploration, what engineers and scientists can (and should) do with text data, and the consequences of collecting data and doing nothing with it.
- An Inside Update on Natural Language Processing - Jun 28, 2016.
This article is an interview with computational linguist Jason Baldridge. It's a good read for data scientists, researchers, software developers, and professionals working in media, consumer insights, and market intelligence. It's for anyone who's interested in, or needs to know about, natural language processing (NLP).
Pages: 1 2
- HPE Haven OnDemand Text Extraction API Cheat Sheet for Developers - Jun 21, 2016.
HPE Haven OnDemand provides a native API based on cURL calls, as well as numerous language-specific APIs, providing maximum flexibility for developers. This cheat sheet will cover the native and Python text extraction APIs.
- Early bird deadline approaching – Chicago’s vortex of 4 analytics events - Apr 15, 2016.
Chicago is whirling together four analytics events, June 20-23, 2016. Don't let the bird rates fly away - register by May 6 for best rates and getting extra saving with code KDN150.
- Ravel: Senior Data Scientist - Apr 6, 2016.
Seeking a Lead or Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team; A senior member of the Data Science team, you will design systems to tackle tough problems in the legal domain and expand our award-winning products.
- Spring dream offer for PAW Business, PAW Manufacturing, TAW in Chicago – Reg. by Apr 2 - Mar 29, 2016.
Join analytics community in Chicago at PAW Business, Manufacturing, or Text Analytics events this June, and save with code SPRINGDREAM if you register by April 2.
- [Super Early Bird Reminder] Quintuple Analytics Events, Chicago - Mar 7, 2016.
The super early bird deadline ends March 11 for the gathering of 5 analytics events, including PAW Business, PAW Manufacturing, and Text Analytics World, Chicago June 20-23, 2016. Register with code KDN150 and save.
- Text analytics: what makes your phone smarter than survey analysis - Feb 25, 2016.
Text analytics and word prediction has been broadly used for smart phones. Here, we present “next word predictor” (NWP) as an enhancement for existing survey analysis tool kits and use-cases for the same.
- Elementary, My Dear Watson! An Introduction to Text Analytics via Sherlock Holmes - Feb 12, 2016.
Want to learn about the field of text mining, go on an adventure with Sherlock & Watson. Here you will find what are different sub-domains of text mining along with a practical example.
- RapidMiner Webinar: Extracting Insight from Superbowl Sentiments, Feb 16 - Feb 4, 2016.
The webinar explores the power of social content by analyzing data captured from tweets about Super Bowl 50 ads to determine sentiments and predict potential trends in brand adoption.
- Webinar: The Role of Text Mining at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Feb 23 - Feb 2, 2016.
Learn how text mining enables life science researchers to quickly analyze massive amounts of literature, conference abstracts, patents and clinical data to help inform and guide R&D.
- Everything You Need to Know about Natural Language Processing - Dec 21, 2015.
Natural language processing (NLP) helps computers understand human speech and language. We define the key NLP concepts and explain how it fits in the bigger picture of Artificial Intelligence.
- WordStat 7.1: Geospatial Intelligence Meets Text Analytics - Dec 16, 2015.
Provalis Research text analysis software now features a geospatial intelligence module which transforms unstructured text data into interactive maps.
- Augmented Intelligence – An Elegant Approach to Optimize Your Decision Making Process - Dec 14, 2015.
Automation is a rising trend in the recent technology boom, but it can impose a level or risk. Harmonizing both human decision and powerful computing abilities will be key, especially for enterprises looking to unlock insights through analytics.
- An Inside View of Language Technologies at Google - Oct 29, 2015.
Learn about language technologies at Google, including projects, technologies, and philosophy, from an interview with a Googler.
Pages: 1 2
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 27 and beyond - Oct 26, 2015.
Amazon QuickSight, Textual Healing, What's new in Statistica 13, Real-time Hadoop and IoT, Ad Hoc Visual Discovery, and more.
- Xerox Research Centre India: Research Scientist/Engineer: Text and Graph Analytics - Oct 5, 2015.
The team is working on challenging research problems with real life relevance pertaining to different business verticals such as Customer Care, Social Media, Healthcare, Transportation and Education.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 8 and beyond - Sep 7, 2015.
The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Apache Ignite, Text Analytics, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, and more.
- 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis - Aug 13, 2015.
Seth Grimes, a text analytics guru, shares 11 key observations on what works, what is past, what is coming, and what to keep in mind while doing sentiment analysis.
- Book: Practical Text Analytics - Aug 11, 2015.
New publication provides guidance on the application of text analytics for marketing professionals who must interpret results and apply them in their campaigns.
- SEC: Operations Research Analyst (Text Analytics) - Aug 4, 2015.
Support big data projects and use cutting-edge analytical tools and methods to inform policy-making and risk assessment activities for U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, New York City, July 15-16 - Jun 30, 2015.
2015 Sentiment Analysis Symposium is a dream event for data scientists and analysts working in text, social, and emotion analytics. Get discount with code KDNUGGETS.
- Discover the WHY behind your Customer Scores, June 10 webinar with Seth Grimes - May 28, 2015.
Text Analytics thought leader Seth Grimes and MeaningCloud present a special webinar on ensuring you are getting the most from your customer feedback.
- Boeing: Advanced Information Technologist Text Analytics - Apr 28, 2015.
Join growing Boeing central R&D, Analytics and Simulation organization, and apply advanced data analysis and text analysis algorithms to help build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Text Analytics, Text Mining Courses on Statistics.com - Apr 28, 2015.
Text analytics or text mining is the natural extension and essential part of predictive analytics and Data Science - learn key skills with Statistics.com online courses.
- Algorithmia Tested: Human vs Automated Tag Generation - Apr 21, 2015.
Algorithmia, the marketplace for algorithms, can be a platform for hosting APIs to do a plethora of text analytics and information retrieval tasks. Automatic post tagging is done in this case study to demonstrate the effectiveness and ease-of-use of the platform.
Pages: 1 2
- Math of Ideas: A Word is Worth a Thousand Vectors - Apr 16, 2015.
Word vectors give us a simple and flexible platform for understanding text, there are a few diverse examples that should help build your confidence in developing and deploying NLP systems and what problems they can solve.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The State of the Text Analytics Industry – 2015 White Paper - Apr 16, 2015.
This free whitepaper gives the perspectives of industry experts from leading firms on the culture, benefits, challenges, data and technology currently impacting the text analytics market today.
- Text By the Bay conference, San Francisco, Apr 24-25 - Apr 2, 2015.
The inaugural Text By the Bay conference has an amazing program, with speakers from top universities, Big text data powerhouses, Growing global players, Startups, Text/NLP tech providers, and more. KDnuggets discount.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n10, Apr 1: Computing platforms for data science; Free Data Mining Books; Python vs R - Apr 1, 2015.
Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources; Text Analytics 2015 - Technology and Market Overview; The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R.
- Text Analytics 2015 – Technology and Market Overview - Mar 30, 2015.
A leading analyst and expert on text analytics gives an overview of the past year and looks ahead on text analytics technology and market developments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
- PAW San Francisco: The Pentagon of Data Analytics Events, Mar 29 – Apr 2 - Mar 10, 2015.
In San Francisco this month, you'll find five data analytics events - join your peers by for case studies, profound keynotes, and build strong connections with data analytics professionals. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Prismatic Interest Graph [API]: Organize and Recommend Content - Feb 20, 2015.
Prismatic Interest Graph API provides a set of tools for automatically analyzing unstructured text and annotating it with a variety of tags that are useful for organizing and recommending content.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Feb 17 and beyond - Feb 16, 2015.
Pivotal Update, Moving Targets, Secure Because Math, Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, Maximize the effectiveness of your text analytics initiatives, Text Mining and Knowledge Graphs in the Cloud.
- Webinar: Drive effective text analytics initiatives, Feb 19 - Feb 16, 2015.
On February 19, join Meta Brown (author of Data Mining for Dummies), Howard Lyeth (Senior Analyst at L.L. Bean), Steven Scarr (CEO of eContext), and Ramkumar Ravichandran (Director of Analytics at Visa) to learn how to maximize the effectiveness of your text analytics.
- Statistics.com Online Data Science Courses and Certificates - Feb 12, 2015.
Accelerate your career and upgrade your skills With Statistics.com training provided by top experts who will answer your questions on a daily basis. Work on practical exercises with real problems, real data and multiple software tools.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Feb 1-7: Music recognition, Text Understanding from scratch - Feb 9, 2015.
Shazam music recognition techniques, deep learning for text understanding, neuroscience history, Neural Turing Machines using Torch, and genetic algorithms are the top topics on Reddit last week.
- Top stories for Jan 25-31: (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Text Analysis 101: Document Classification - Feb 1, 2015.
(Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Text Analysis 101: Document Classification; Interview: Anthony Bak, Ayasdi on Managing Data Complexity through Topology.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World and Text Analytics World, Spring 2015, San Francisco - Jan 27, 2015.
Come to the leading, world-renowned events in predictive analytics and text analytics - coming to San Francisco this spring - and build your skillset and knowledge. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Text Analysis 101: Document Classification - Jan 24, 2015.
Document classification is an example of Machine Learning (ML) in the form of Natural Language Processing (NLP). By classifying text, we are aiming to assign one or more classes or categories to a document, making it easier to manage and sort.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n01, Jan 7: Clever methods of overfitting; 5 Analytics Rules to cut thru the Hype - Jan 7, 2015.
11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them, Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014, iMath Cloud Data Science Platform beta, Platfora CEO on Insightful Analytics for Big Data, and more analytics, big data, data science, and data mining stories.
- PAW: 5 Co-Located Analytics Events in San Francisco, March 29 – Apr 2, 2015 - Jan 7, 2015.
March 29 - Apr 2, 2015 San Francisco hosts PAW for Business, eMetrics Summit, Predictive Analytics World for Workforce, Text Analytics World and the PA Times Executive Breakfast.
- Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014 - Jan 3, 2015.
Explore how text analysis techniques to dig into some of the data in a series of blog posts, focusing on matches and their events, tweets languages, tweets volumes for different teams and sentiment analysis.
- Boeing: Advanced Technologist in Text Analytics, level 2/3 - Dec 10, 2014.
Our organization partners with Boeing business units to advance towards widespread application of modeling, simulation, and analytics across the lifecycle of our aerospace and defense products.
- PAW: Unwrap Holiday Cheer for Big Data - Dec 9, 2014.
Get super early bird pricing for PAW and TAW conferences in San Francisco, March 2015, get expert insights at PAW Business, cutting edge keynotes at PAW workforce and more.
- WordStat 7: Shifting Text Analytics Into High Gear - Dec 2, 2014.
WordStat 7 lets users get valuable and actionable insights from text faster, connect unstructured and structured information, and provides better help for the creation and validation of accurate text-categorization dictionaries.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-30: How Word Meanings Change; Data wrangling with R: Things I wish I’d been told - Dec 1, 2014.
Linguistic Mapping Reveals How Word Meanings Sometimes Change Overnight; Practical #DataScience Cookbook, helps data practitioner; Facebook #AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of #SVM; Starting data analysis/wrangling with R: Things I wish I'd been told.
- SAS: Text Analytics Fellowship - Nov 22, 2014.
Open to PhD candidates in CS, related fields in US, this fellowship offers the opportunity to work closely with Text Analytics professionals to develop software. Apply by Jan 23.
- PAW San Francisco – Four Co-located Analytics Events, March 2015 - Nov 4, 2014.
Attend the leading, world-renown events in predictive analytics and text analytics in San Francisco, Spring 2015, and build your skillset and knowledge. Register with Super Early Bird Pricing and KDnuggets discount.
- Text Mining and Election Analytics in Massachusetts - Oct 24, 2014.
Election season is coming! Take a deeper look at some political dynamics with indico’s political analysis API.
- Overcoming Text Analytics Barriers - Oct 17, 2014.
Getting the value from companies text assets can be both time consuming and expensive. Learn how to overcome these barriers with “Overcoming Text Analytics Barriers" whitepaper, and at Text Analytics Summit West in San Francisco, Nov 4-5. KDnuggets discount.
- Catalytic DS: Biomedical Text Mining Developer - Oct 16, 2014.
Help develop cloud-based text analytics solutions that enable researchers to use biomedical information locked in vast repositories of 'read only' scientific publications.
- Text Analytics West Summit – Use Data Scientists time productively - Oct 14, 2014.
Data scientists time is expensive - it should be used productively to help answer important questions and help business grow. Use their time well at the Text Analytics West Summit, SF, Nov 4-5 - see KDnuggets Offer.
- Text Analytics Summit West, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Oct 2, 2014.
Text Analytics West Summit (San Francisco, November 4-5) has an exceptional speaker roster and insightful agenda. Learn from LinkedIn, Toyota, Blue Shield, Mozilla, Twitter, and others. Reg by Oct 10 for KDnuggets Discount.
- Get Started in Text Analytics - Sep 30, 2014.
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
- Text Analytics Summit 2014, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Sep 16, 2014.
13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West will be back in San Francisco Nov 4-5, with workshops on Nov 3. Join text analytics practitioners, vendors, visionaries and thought leaders from top companies. KDnuggets discount.
- Xerox (Bangalore): (Sr) Research Scientists – Text & Graph Analytics - Sep 13, 2014.
Work on challenging research problems with real life relevance pertaining to different business verticals such as Customer Care, Social Media, Healthcare, Education.
- Most Viewed Text Mining Lectures - Sep 12, 2014.
View some of the most popular text mining lectures from videolectures.net and learn about topics including mining web data and building large-scale information retrieval systems.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in August - Sep 1, 2014.
New analytics, data science, data mining top stories page, meetings, KDD-2015, Certificates and Certification option, Data Analytics BS, software for text analytics and visualization and more.
- White paper: Making the business case for text analytics - Aug 29, 2014.
Download a free white paper which focuses on the business benefits (and challenges!) of text analytics from the perspectives of 4 experts from slated to speak at the 13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West, Nov 4-5 in San Francisco.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations - Aug 26, 2014.
Before this year's Text Analytics Summit West, read the previous year's summit's best received presentations and learn about leveraging text analytics for business gain.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in July - Aug 1, 2014.
15 new/updated online education options in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science, 18 new meetings, new consulting companies, software for visualization, social network analysis, text analytics, and more.
- WordSwarm – Visualizing Word Trends in Periodicals - Jul 24, 2014.
Word clouds provide an intuitive way to visualize word-frequency in corpora and are easy to generate. WordSwarm is a new free tool for animating word clouds that show how buzz-words ebb and flow in chronologically ordered text such as journals, blogs, and even Google n-grams.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics - Jul 16, 2014.
Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, July 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics; Watch: Machine Learning Summer School Pittsburgh 2014; US "Data Scientist" average salary up over 10%, to $112K.
- Making sense of text analytics - Jul 15, 2014.
Text Analytics and Sentiment Mining Using SAS course teaches you how to organize, manage and mine textual data to extract the best information to improve your business. Atlanta in August and Rockville in October.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 15 and beyond - Jul 14, 2014.
Hadoop, Data Curation, Text Mining, Driving business value with text analytics, SQL on Hadoop, Graph Analytics on Hadoop, Apache Spark, How Can Analytics Improve Business, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 8 and beyond - Jul 8, 2014.
Machine Learning w. SAS and Hadoop, Data Lakes, Quality First, MongoDB, Text Mining, Driving business value with text analytics, Graph Analytics on Hadoop, and more.
- Webinar: Driving business value with text analytics - Jul 8, 2014.
Learn from Toyota and Nordstrom experts who successfully used text analytics to really understand their customers behavior, make more accurate data-driven strategic decisions, and get ROI on marketing.
- Top stories for Jun 22-28 - Jun 29, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? What is Text Analytics? Data Science Skills and Business Problems; CRN 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 23-24: Machine learning in the cloud: Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - Jun 25, 2014.
Machine learning in the cloud: the brains behind Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - key first step in analyzing a new data set; Mapmaking for R Programmers - an introduction. What is Text Analytics?
- What is Text Analytics? - Jun 24, 2014.
Anderson Analytics explains Text Analytics and the difference between First Generation approaches and Next Generation software OdinText.
- Signi-Trend App: Detecting Significant Trends in Text - May 21, 2014.
Signi-Trend is a visual explorer tool for a new, heavy-hitters style, trend detection algorithm. Details will be published at KDD 2014.
- SAS: Research Statistician Developer - Apr 2, 2014.
Create innovative software to apply cutting-edge analytical techniques working with textual data from customer comments, social media, emails, and other sources.
- KDnuggets 14:n04, Text Analytics slow takeoff; Data Scientist Valentine Day; 3 Ways to test model accuracy - Feb 19, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including surprisingly little change in Text Analytics use, Data Scientist Valentine Day, and Features (7) | News (10) | Software (2) | Webcasts (2) | Courses (2) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (10) | Academic (4) | Publications (6) | Tweets (6) | CFP (14) .
- Poll Results: Text Analytics Use Shows No Significant Change - Feb 18, 2014.
Surprisingly, latest KDnuggets Poll did not find a significant change in Text Analytics use over the past 2 years. While 66% make some use of text analytics, only 19% use it on the majority of their projects. Text Analytics seems to take off very slowly.
- New Poll: How much did you use Text Analytics? - Feb 4, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: How much did you use text analytics / text mining in the past 12 months? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com .
- AltaPlana 2014 Text Analytics Market Study - Jan 31, 2014.
KDnuggets, a media sponsor of a 2014 text-analytics market study conducted by leading industry analyst Seth Grimes, invites all text analytics users to take part in this survey. Please respond by Feb 21.