- New James Bond is a Data Scientist: Data Science Challenge sponsored by UK MI5 and MI6 - Apr 5, 2017.
Two Data Science challenges were launched by UK Government agencies, including MI5 and MI6. One challenge involves classifying vehicles from aerial images, and another analyzing crisis reports. Can you take part and be the next James Bond?
- Measuring Topic Interpretability with Crowdsourcing - Nov 30, 2016.
Topic modelling is an important statistical modelling technique to discover abstract topics in collection of documents. This article talks about a new measure for assessing the semantic properties of statistical topics and how to use it.
- SAS: Machine Learning Algorithm Research/Developer - Jul 15, 2015.
Developer with a strong analytical background and excellent programming skills to collaborate with a team developing new machine learning algorithms for NLP, text classification, sentiment analysis, and similar tasks.
- Excellent Tutorial on Sequence Learning using Recurrent Neural Networks - Jun 26, 2015.
Excellent tutorial explaining Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) which hold great promise for learning general sequences, and have applications for text analysis, handwriting recognition and even machine translation.
- Deep Learning for Text Understanding from Scratch - Mar 13, 2015.
Forget about the meaning of words, forget about grammar, forget about syntax, forget even the very concept of a word. Now let the machine learn everything by itself.
- Text Analysis 101: Document Classification - Jan 24, 2015.
Document classification is an example of Machine Learning (ML) in the form of Natural Language Processing (NLP). By classifying text, we are aiming to assign one or more classes or categories to a document, making it easier to manage and sort.
- Lexalytics: Stop ignoring your text data - Dec 9, 2014.
Have a bunch of open-ended questions that need analyzing? Curious about social media? Want to track online reviews? Try Lexalytics Semantria Web Service - first 20k documents analyzed free.
- WordStat 7: Shifting Text Analytics Into High Gear - Dec 2, 2014.
WordStat 7 lets users get valuable and actionable insights from text faster, connect unstructured and structured information, and provides better help for the creation and validation of accurate text-categorization dictionaries.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 8-10: Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing - Aug 11, 2014.
Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing; Metrics that Matter - The Key to Perfect Dashboards; Machine Learning Tutorial: The Max Entropy Text Classifier ; Six Thinking Hats and the Life of a Data Scientist.
- Exclusive Interview: Richard Socher, founder of etcML, Easy Text Classification - Mar 31, 2014.
An exclusive interview with Richard Socher, co-founder of etcML, a new and free tool for helping users with creating classifiers for text using machine learning.
- etcML Promises to Make Text Classification Easy - Mar 5, 2014.
etcML is a new and free tool that allows even novice user use the power of machine learning and text classification.
- More Data Mining with Weka - Jan 30, 2014.
This online course teaches both principles and practical data mining techniques, lets students work on very big datasets, classify text, experiment with clustering, and much more.