- DataScience Launches Interactive Tool For Exploring Data Science Trends - Apr 14, 2017.
DataScience Trends, a new interactive tool from DataScience Inc., gives users the ability to explore and visualize data across 2.8 million open source repositories without writing code.
- Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017 - Dec 8, 2016.
Machine Learning is here to stay, with more firms following Google and Facebook in the race to attract the best machine learning experts and Data Scientists. We also see a merger of IoT and Data Science. Read on for more trends.
- Evolution of the Data Scientist Through the Decade: What’s Changed - Oct 20, 2016.
Evolution is the truth of mankind and it’s inevitable. We all are evolutionizing everyday biologically as well as technologically and so do our roles and responsibilities. Here is the summary of evolution of Data Scientist role and it’s hiring trends in industry throughout the decade.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science of Reviews: ReviewMeta tool Automatically Detects Unnatural Reviews on Amazon - Aug 23, 2016.
ReviewMeta is a tool that analyzes millions of reviews and helps customers decide which ones to trust. As the dataset grows, so do the insights on unbiased reviews.
- How to Use Cohort Data to Analyze User Behavior - Mar 10, 2016.
In the world of data analysis, cohorts are often pushed aside due to their seemingly complex nature. Learn what this analysis can offer and how to do it.
- Fastest Growing Programming Languages and Computing Frameworks - Mar 7, 2016.
A new model for ranking programming languages and predicting the growth of user adoption. Includes current language rankings and predictions.
- Businesses Will Need One Million Data Scientists by 2018 - Jan 28, 2016.
Deepening shortage of Data Science talent and cybersecurity challenges are trends shaping business in 2016.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n02, Jan 20: Research Leaders on Key Advances, Top Trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects - Jan 20, 2016.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github; Top 100 Big Data Experts to Follow; Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n42, Dec 29: Where did you apply Analytics? 5 ways Data Scientists keep learning - Dec 29, 2015.
Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015; 5 Ways Data Scientists Keep Learning After College; Lessons from 2M Machine Learning Models on Kaggle; 10 BI Trends for 2016.
- 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2016 - Dec 19, 2015.
BI analysts, industry players predict the rise of self-service, Big Data analytics, real-time data in the coming year.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 1 Highlights - Dec 11, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore.
- 22 Big Data & Data Science experts predictions for 2016 - Dec 11, 2015.
Will machines become smarter than man? What technology will dominate Data Science? What is smart data? Read Big Data experts predictions for 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- Salaries by Roles in Data Science and Business Intelligence - Sep 9, 2015.
Data Scientist is the hottest role. What's next? We present national average salaries, job title progression in career, job trends and skills for popular job titles in Data Science & Business Intelligence. Check out the salaries of related roles.
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on the Hidden Value in Global Data Sets - Jul 31, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in analyzing global economic datasets, impact of Big Data growth on economics, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Customer-focus Mindset for Analytics - Jul 15, 2015.
We discuss career advice, need for customer-focus, Analytics trends, desired skills in Data Science practitioners, and more.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on Security Checklist for Data Architectures - Jul 10, 2015.
We discuss securing data-at-rest and data-in-motion, security recommendations for data architectures, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Anil Gadre, MapR on 3 Keys for Big Data Success: Reliability, Security, & Scalability - Jun 24, 2015.
We discuss the origin of Apache Myriad, state of security in Big Data, MapR Quick Start Solutions, Hadoop vendor selection criteria, and more.
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Curiosity and Courage – Key for Success in Data Science - Jun 17, 2015.
We discuss discovery vs. personalization, advice, trends, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Ranjan Sinha, eBay on Winner Insights from International Sorting Competitions - Jun 10, 2015.
We discuss advancements in the field of Personalization, lessons from winning sorting competitions, Data Science trends, career advice, and more.
- Interview: Antonio Magnaghi, TicketMaster on Why Honesty is Key for Analytics Success - May 19, 2015.
We discuss lessons from implementing lambda architecture, impact of Big Data on recommender systems, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Hobson Lane, SHARP Labs on How Analytics can Show You “All the Light You Cannot See” - May 14, 2015.
We discuss the impact of rapid growth in magnitude of data, programming skills for data science, major trends, advice, data science skills, and more.
- Interview: Mark Weiner, Temple University Health System on Addressing Healthcare Data Gaps through Advanced Simulation - May 12, 2015.
We discuss dealing with current gaps in healthcare data, challenges in using real world healthcare data, desired skills for data scientists in healthcare industry, advice, and more.
- Interview: Haile Owusu, Mashable on Surviving Imprecision in Digital Media Analytics - May 1, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in tracking social media sharing, advice, important trends, and more.
- Interview: Mario Vinasco, Facebook on Advancing Marketing Analytics through Rigorous Experimentation - Apr 27, 2015.
We discuss marketing analytics at Facebook, multi-channel performance assessment, success factors, lessons from Look Back feature, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Emmanuel Letouzé, Data-Pop Alliance on Big Data for Development and Future Prospects - Apr 25, 2015.
We discuss the field of Big Data for Development, current projects and future plans for Data-Pop Alliance, public participation opportunities, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Michael Li, Data Incubator on Bridging the Data Science Skills Gap between Academia and Industry - Apr 21, 2015.
We discuss the response from hiring companies, recommendations for aspirants, retaining data science talent, advice, and more.
- Interview: Ksenija Draskovic, Verizon on How to Not Get Lost in the Big Data Wilderness - Apr 16, 2015.
We discuss recommendations for data-driven decision making, challenges and benefits of using unstructured data, managing expectations and key trends.
- Interview: Michael Lurye, Time Warner Cable on Key Lessons from Shifting to Hadoop - Apr 14, 2015.
We discuss the key lessons from shifting to Hadoop, data management in today’s world, future of Data Science, advice and more.
- Interview: Alessandro Gagliardi, Glassdoor on the Fun and Boring Part of Data Scientist Job - Apr 3, 2015.
We discuss interesting trends, motivation, different aspects of data scientist job, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Satyam Priyadarshy, Halliburton on Unlocking Success for Big Data Projects - Mar 31, 2015.
We discuss Predictive Analytics in Oil & Gas industry, Big Data analytics, key drivers of success,common reasons of failure, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Evidence-based Medicine to Reduce Sports Injuries - Mar 27, 2015.
We discuss the success of Analytics in predicting sports injuries, recent progress in concussion management and the trends in data-driven evidence-based sports medicine.
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on Data Science – It’s Not Just Science! - Mar 24, 2015.
We discuss benefits and challenges of Data Lake, trends, life lessons, motivation, desired skills, and more.
- Interview: Brad Klingenberg, StitchFix on Decoding Fashion through Analytics and ML - Mar 21, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in making personal styling recommendations, unexpected insights, interesting trends, motivation, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Vince Darley, King.com on What do you need to become Top Grossing Game - Mar 19, 2015.
We discuss common characteristics of games that achieved top ranking, career advice, trends, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Governance – Red Tape or Catalyst? - Mar 14, 2015.
We discuss recommendations for Data Governance policies, advice, Big Data trends, qualities sought in Data Scientists, and more.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Challenges in Transitioning Analytics to Clinical Utility - Mar 10, 2015.
We discuss Analytics use cases, challenges in relating molecular/clinical data to real-life outcomes, Healthcare Analytics trends and more.
- Interview: Lei Shi, ChinaHR.com on Unraveling Insights from Unstructured Data - Mar 7, 2015.
We discuss challenges in leveraging Big Data, important attributes while profiling employers and job seekers, competitive landscape, desired skills in data scientists and more.
- Interview: David Kasik, Boeing on Data Analysis vs Data Analytics - Feb 23, 2015.
We discuss the impact of increasing amount of data on visualization, difference between Data Analysis and Data Analytics, motivation, trends, desired skills and more.
- Interview: M.C. Srivas, CTO, MapR on Data Agility – The Next Frontier of Big Data - Feb 12, 2015.
We discuss the competitive differentiation of MapR, challenges in consumerizing Big Data, trends, strategy recommendations, desired skills and more.
- Top stories in January: (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Research Leaders on key trends, papers - Feb 6, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data key trends, papers; (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Analytics: Five Rules to Cut Through the Hype; 11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them.
- Two Most Important Trends in Analytics and Big Data in 2015 - Feb 6, 2015.
In 2015, two most important trends in Analytics and Big Data are in developing countries and big data security.
- Interview: Rachel Hawley, SAS on Why Data Science Needs Communication Skills - Feb 4, 2015.
We discuss SAS Analytics Center of Excellence, trends, advice, desired skills in data science and more.
- Interview: Eli Collins, Cloudera on Evolution and Future of Big Data Ecosystem - Feb 2, 2015.
We discuss the change in Big Data priorities, risks, Big Data ecosystem, rise of data culture in organizations, challenges, advice and more.
- Interview: Anthony Bak, Ayasdi on Novel Insights using Topological Summaries - Jan 29, 2015.
We discuss examples of Topological Data Analysis (TDA) revealing new insights, recommended approach for creating Topological Summaries, Manual vs Automation approach and trends.
- Interview: Arno Candel, H20.ai on How to Quick Start Deep Learning with H2O - Jan 21, 2015.
We discuss H2O use cases, resources to start using H2O for Deep Learning, evolution of High Performance Computing (HPC) and the future of HPC.
- 8 Trends In Big Data For 2015 - Jan 21, 2015.
2015 trends include Non-Data Scientists, Real Time Big Data, Self Service Big Data, Shared Big Data, Big Data and IoT, Richer Data, More Big Data Geeks, and Creative Recruitment - read why.
- Top stories for Jan 11-17: Research Leaders on Data Mining/Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Jan 18, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science, and Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - what it is, how it works, why care?; Deep Learning can be easily fooled; Cartoon: Hello, Singularity.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n02, Jan 14: Research Leaders on key trends, top papers; Exclusive NYTimes interview - Jan 14, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Mining key trends, top papers; Exclusive Interview with NYTimes Chief Data Scientist; Majority thinks AI not a threat; Cartoon: Hello, Singularity; Deep Learning in a Nutshell; How to make Privacy and Data Mining Compatible; ClearStory Data CEO on Collaborative Storyboards.
- Interview: Miriah Meyer, Univ. of Utah on the Art and Science of Visualization - Jan 12, 2015.
We discuss insights from the best paper at ACM AVI 2014, increasing interest in visualization, infographics, trends, challenges, advice and more.
- Top stories for Jan 4-10: 11 Clever Methods of Overfitting; Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data - Jan 11, 2015.
11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them; Causation vs Correlation: Visualization, Statistics, and Intuition; Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data key trends, top papers; Differential Privacy: How to make Privacy and Data Mining Compatible.
- Interview: Sharmila Mulligan, ClearStory Data on Variety & Velocity to be Big Data Priorities - Jan 10, 2015.
We discuss the ClearStory Data’s competitive differentiation, client use case, Big Data trends, advice, desired soft skills in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Ben Werther, CEO, Platfora on Insightful Analytics for Big Data - Dec 30, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in implementing end-to-end solutions for Big Data, Platfora use cases, Big Data trends, advice and more.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Hot or Not: Data Science Trends in 2015 - Dec 24, 2014.
CrowdFlower infographic predicts the hot trends for data science in 2015 and which trends will fade away.
- Interview: Peter Alvaro, UC Berkeley, on Managing Asynchrony and Partial Failure - Dec 18, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in simultaneously managing asynchrony and partial failure, the problem of composition, research motivation, trends and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-25: Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data - Nov 28, 2014.
Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data; #BigData Top Trends in 2015: In-memory DBs, Non-Data Scientists, Sensor Data ...; Hackathon pits data scientists against social problems; Great course: Intro to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R.
- Interview: Philip Maymin, NYU on Why Sports should Embrace Analytics? - Nov 22, 2014.
We discuss how the increasing use of Analytics will change the game of basketball, the concern of Analytics ruining the game, significant trends, advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 21, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data technology practitioners from Teradata, Booz Allen Hamilton, Databricks and ProbabilityManagement.org during INFORMS The Business of Big Data in San Jose.
- Top Analytics and Big Data trends ahead of Strata Hadoop NYC Conference - Aug 14, 2014.
Top trends in Analytics and Big Data named by our readers ahead of Strata + Hadoop NYC conference include Deep Learning, Apache Spark, democratization of analytics, and real-time processing of Big Data.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on Why Open Source is So Important for Big Data - Aug 8, 2014.
We discuss the importance of contributing to Open Source, Big Data skills for business managers, Big Data predictions, key qualities sought in data engineers, career advice and more.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Discovering Customer Insights through Sentiment Mining - Aug 5, 2014.
We discuss examples of discovery through sentiment mining, current trends, innovative applications, important soft skills, and more.
- Interview: Christophe Toum, Talend on Why Big Data Needs Big Governance - Aug 2, 2014.
We discuss the priority order of data governance for Big Data initiatives, impact of increasing shift towards Hadoop and NoSQL, data quality, current trends, talent crunch, advice and more.
- Interview: Aparna Pujar, eBay on Evolution of Behavior Analytics for User Engagement - Jul 25, 2014.
We discuss Behavior Analytics vs. Web Analytics, important metrics for user engagement, challenges of behavior insights domain, future of multi-screen analytics, key soft skill and more.
- Interview: Leo Meyerovich, Graphistry on Browser-based Interactive Big Data Visualization - Jul 24, 2014.
- Interview: Amy Gaskins, AVP, MetLife on New Era Hiring at MetLife through Synapse - Jul 23, 2014.
We discuss the motivation behind launch of Synapse, updating the recruitment process to meet today's needs, data science trends, career advice, important soft skills and more.
- Interview: Amy Gershkoff, Director of Customer Analytics & Insights, eBay on How to Design Custom In-House BI Tools - Jul 11, 2014.
We discuss key principles for designing business intelligence tools, exploring causation based on correlation insights, attributes of future Analytics leaders, interesting Big Data trends, important qualities in data scientists and more.
- Moving from Data-Rich to Decision-Smart: INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 - Jun 10, 2014.
We interview the co-chairs of INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 (June 22-24, 2014) on Big Data maturity, opportunities assessment, analytics for operations research, conference agenda and more.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on Big Data Trends and Important Skills - May 13, 2014.
We discuss the key trends in Big Data industry, important skills for Data Science practioners and more.
- Healthcare Analytics: Identifying Leaders and Key Trends - May 12, 2014.
We review recently released report on Healthcare perceptions towards BI/Analytics and share key insights into who is leading healthcare analytics in different categories and what are the key dominant trends.
- 3 Key Trends in the DBMS Market - May 3, 2014.
The top 3 trends in DBMS include market consolidation, moving beyond OLTP, and distributed computing - we examine them in detail.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.
- Top stories for Jan 26 – Feb 1: Online Courses in Analytics, ML, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics, Big Data - Feb 2, 2014.
Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics and Big Data ahead of Strata 2014 Santa Clara; Viewpoint: Why your company should NOT use "Big Data"; "Human Analytics" at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium.