- Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions – What is the Connection? - Mar 17, 2017.
We examine the connection between Climate Change Denial and CO2 emissions and find a strong correlation - countries with higher CO2 emissions/capita also have higher percentage of climate skeptics.
- Interview: UN/WDC “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – What Data Scientists Need to Know - Mar 13, 2017.
We ask UN Global Pulse Director about the 'Data For Climate Action' Challenge, the best sources of climate data, examples of using data for climate mitigation and climate adaptation, and resources for convincing climate change skeptics.
- “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – call for research proposals - Mar 13, 2017.
The challenge is to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators - submit proposals at DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 23: World Statistics Day - Oct 26, 2015.
This week we look at 3 top entries in the UN competition based around eight Millennium Development Goals to see how well they stack up against the data visualizations you are working on.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.