"Guide to Intelligent Data Analysis" provides a hands-on instructional approach to many data analysis techniques, and explains how these are used to solve real world data analysis problems. In contrast to many other books it focuses more on the process itself instead of individual methods. The book is complemented by practical sections based on the open source tools R and KNIME and teaching material is available from the book's website at www.idaguide.net.
Topics and features:
- Guides the reader through the process of data analysis, following the interdependent steps of project understanding, data understanding, data preparation, modeling, and deployment and monitoring;
- Equips the reader with the necessary information in order to obtain hands-on experience of the topics under discussion;
- Provides a review of the basics of classical statistics that support and justify many data analysis methods, and a glossary of statistical terms;
- Includes numerous examples using R and KNIME, together with appendices introducing the open source software;
- Integrates illustrations and case-study-style examples to support pedagogical exposition;
- Teaching material and further information are available at the associated website: www.idaguide.net.
The book is available directly from Springer: www.springer.com/computer/ai/book/978-1-84882-259-7 and, of course, at your favorite e-Bookseller