Data Science Top Influencers
Data Science A-list - latest update: @analyticbridge, @derrickharris, @kdnuggets, @rwang0, @gilpress, @cloud_aware, @swgoof, @data_nerd, and @al3xandru.
From: Gregory Piatetsky
The latest update (as of Jan 26, 2013) of the Data Science A-list, curated by Gil Press includes these 10 leaders below.
In addition to Reach (audience size), Resonance (ability to engage their community), and Relevance (to Data Science context), defined by Traackr, I also added Klout influence scores as of Jan 30, 2013.
|1. Vincent Granville, Analytic Bridge, @analyticbridge||52||100||40||91|
|2. Derrick Harris,GigaOM, @derrickharris||59||84||83||82|
|3. Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets, @kdnuggets||65||72||73||85|
|4. R Ray Wang, Constellation Research, @rwang0||66||94||81||79|
|5. Gil Press, gPress, @gilpress||57||68||70||78|
|6. Jian Zhen, VMware, @cloud_aware||46||91||65||74|
|7. Ryan Swanstrom, Wells Fargo @swgoof||48||28||80||79|
|8. Carla Gentry, Analytical-Solution @data_nerd||61||71||21||80|
|9. Alex Popescu, MyNoSQL, @al3xandru||56||86||80||63|
|10. Maria Deutscher, SiliconANGLE||na||65||41||73|
Most of the influencers get their influence from Twitter, except for Derrick Harris and Maria Deutscher - the 2 journalists on the list.
In comparison with a similar Data Science A-list from March 2012, only 2 names have remained among top 10:
- Gregory Piatetsky, @kdnuggets (in 3rd place both years)
- Alex Popescu, MyNoSQL, @al3xandru (dropped from #1 to #9).
Other relevant lists include
- 7 Business Analytics Gurus on Twitter, Information Management, Jan 2013
- Who Are The Top 20 Influencers in Big Data?, Forbes, Feb 2012
- Most Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and Quora, KDnuggets, Dec 2012
- Who are the most notable and influential data scientists?, Quora, Dec 2012
Top Stories Past 30 Days