Data Mining / Analytic News Briefs, Jan 2013
Features (14) | Software (6) | Courses, Events (14) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (9) | Publications (26) | News Briefs (8) SiSense Big Data Read more »
- SiSense Big Data Cloud offering, support for Windows Azure - Jan 30, 2013.
Microsoft and SiSense team up to offer Big Data Analytics in the cloud.
- SAS achieves record revenue of $2.87 B in 2012 - Jan 25, 2013.
Revenue grew worldwide despite continuing economic uncertainty. The Americas generated 47% of total revenue; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) 41 percent; and Asia Pacific 12 percent. SAS reinvested 25 percent of 2012 revenue into research and development.
- RapidMiner 5.3: New analytics, data sources, marketplace - Jan 22, 2013.
New RapidMiner delivers more powerful data analysis, access to more data sources, and ability to commercialize extensions via new marketplace.
- DeveloperWeek Analytics Awards - Jan 18, 2013.
Here are top innovators in Analytics-as-a-service, SQL Technologies, NoSQL, Big Data, Consumer Data, Hadoop, App Analytics, and Social Data, as chosen by DeveloperWeek community.
- Statistics 2013: The Year of Statistics update - Jan 14, 2013.
The Statistics2013.org is filled with information to educate the public about how statistics improves their lives, the work of statisticians as well as careers in statistical science. Join KDnuggets and other International Year of Statistics participating organizations and make use of these resources.
- Anthony Goldbloom interview - Kaggle Building A New Data Science Marketplace - Jan 12, 2013.
Techcrunch interviews Anthony Goldbloom, the founder and CEO of Kaggle, on data science competitions, on Big Data, building a marketplace for data science, drug discovery, dream datasets, and more insights from Kaggle.
- Bloor: 10 Analytics, BI, and Big Data Companies to Watch in 2013 - Jan 9, 2013.
Robin Bloor from Inside Analysis identifies companies whose technology is distinctive, innovative and relevant to major trends in Analytics, BI, and Big Data.
- Analytics Predictions for 2013 - Jan 4, 2013.
Trends in the business analytics that will affect all industries in the next 1-3 years.