Additions to KDnuggets in January
Big update of analytics and data mining education, with many new entries; data mining cartoons; new companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, and solutions.
In Companies :: Consulting
- Algoritmica, providing consultancy and customized predictive analytics solutions for a number of international companies. Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Foris, specializing in predictive modeling, business intelligence and optimization solutions for clients in the education, financial and technology industries. Santiago, Chile and Boston, MA, USA.
- Synergic Partners, Big Data, Master Data Management and Data Governance consulting, among top 50 System Integrators companies in the World. Offices in Madrid, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; and Zurich, Switzerland.
- Bitly 1.usa.gov data, anonymized clicks on gov links.
- Quandl, a collaboratively curated portal to millions of financial and economic time-series datasets.
- qunb, a platform to find and visualize quantitative data.
In Education :: Certificates
- Indiana U. Kelley School of Business Business Analytics Certificate Program, Bloomington, IN, USA.
- University of Delaware Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data, Newark, DE, USA.
In Education :: Latin America
- Cuba: La maestría de Cibernética Aplicada (Master degree of Applied Cybernetics with Data Mining mention), The Instituto de Cibernética, Matemática y Física, Havana, Cuba.
In Education :: Middle East and Africa
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence - MS pogram in Information Systems Engineering, Ben Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel.
In Education :: Online and web-based
- Jigsaw Academy, analytics training including Analytics for MBA, and SAS.
In Education :: USA/Canada
- U. Conn. MS in Business Analytics and Project Management, designed to meet the growing demand for professionals who can harness advanced business analytics and project management skills. Hartford, CT.
- U. of Maryland MS in Business for Marketing Analytics, will help you learn how to harness and process massive amounts of data to help design products, predict the effects of marketing campaigns, and better understand your customers. Fall 2013. College Park, MD.
- Bentley Master of Science in Marketing Analytics, teaches students how to become more engaged with consumers, how to design and deliver robust statistical analysis, and how to effectively communicate the resulting insights. Waltham, MA.
- Harvard Masters of Science in Computational Science and Engineering, including a major focus on machine learning and analyzing and visualizing very large data sets. Cambridge, MA.
- Rutgers Master of Business and Science (MBS) in Analytics, prepares students for data-driven decision making; brings together fields of data management, statistics, machine learning and computation. New Brunswick, NJ.
- Columbia MS in Computer Science, concentration in Machine Learning, New York, NY.
- Fordham U. MS in Business Analytics, develops strategic thinking skills along with a solid technical foundation in data and model-driven management decision-making. New York, NY.
- NYU MBA with specialization in Business Analytics, New York, NY.
- CMU MISM Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (BIDA), developing an elite set of graduates cross-trained in business process analysis and skilled in predictive modeling, GIS mapping, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization.
- UIUC MS in Statistics, Analytics Concentration, combines the mathematical and statistical training of the traditional MS in Statistics with enhanced computational and data analytic training for those planning careers in information intensive industries or research. Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Indiana U. Kelley school of Business Business Analytics major, Bloomington, IN.
- Purdue MBA, Business Analytics, Lafayette, IN.
- U. of Michigan Dearborn MS in Business Analytics, designed for students who want to solve important business problems through the analysis of data and statistics. Dearborn, MI.
- U. of Cincinnati MS in Business Analytics, combining operations research and applied statistics, using applied mathematics and computer applications, in a business environment. Cincinnati, OH.
- Berkeley MS in Engineering, includes concentration in Data Science and Systems. Berkeley, CA.
- Stanford MS In Computer Science, Specialization in Information Management and Analytics, covers the principles of modern database and information management systems and methods for mining massive data sets.
- USF MS in Analytics, provides students with the skills necessary to develop techniques and processes for data-driven decision-making. San Francisco, CA.
- ASU MS in Business Analytics, proposed new MS. Tempe, AZ.
- U. of Ottawa Master in Electronic Business Technologies, focuses on the integration of information technologies with business processes and strategies within a dynamic legal and business environment. Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Feb 20-21, Hadoop Innovation Summit, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Mar 7, Data Mining for Business Intelligence, Ben Gurion U., Beer Sheva, Israel.
- Mar 18-20, Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit 2013, Grapevine, TX, USA.
- Apr 25-26, Social Media and Web Analytics Innovation Summit, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Jun 4-7, IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI) 2013, THEME: Big Data, Emergent Threats and Decision-Making in Security Informatics, Seattle, WA, USA
- Jun 5-6, Customer Analytics Summit, Boston, MA, USA.
- July 22-24, IADIS European Conference on Data Mining 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
- July 22-25, DMIN'13: 9th Int. Conference on Data Mining, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Aug 21-23, SSTD-2013: 13th Int. Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases, Munich, Germany.
- Sep 8-12, Tableau Customer Conference, National Harbor, MD, USA.
- Oct 6-9, DS-2013: The 16th Int. Conference on Discovery Science, Singapore.
- Oct 6-9, 2013 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Silicon Valley, CA, USA.
In Publications :: Books, Introductory / Textbooks
- Eric Siegel, Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die, Wiley, 2013.
In Software :: SVM (Support Vector Machines)
- Treparel KMX Big Data Text Analytics & Visualization platform using SVM based high-performance classification. Also for OEM.
In Software :: Clustering and Segmentation
- Treparel KMX Big Data Text Analytics & Visualization, an integrated clustering, classification and visualization solution for analyzing large text collections. Also for OEM.
In Software :: Social network analysis, Link analysis, Visualization
- Web Identity Search Tool (WIST), for investigating data on Facebook, including finding the degrees of separation between two users.
In Software :: Visualization
- Quantum 4d, multi-user visualization, knowledge and insight platform; empowers experts and non-technical users to build, navigate, edit and explore n-dimensional universes of insight using a dynamic 3D interface.
In Solutions :: Fraud Detection
- Aptelisense Compliance Automation Server, advanced real-time fraud prevention and data compliance that requires zero change to applications or systems.
In Websites :: Blogs and News on Data Mining, Web Mining and Analytics
- Monsi Terdex blog, covering analytics, programming, and quantitative methodology to approximate real world problems with computer models.
In Web sites
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|