- German Traffic Sign Detection Competition - Feb 26, 2013.
The German Traffic Sign Detection Benchmark is a multi-class detection problem in natural images. Competition results will be presented at the IJCNN 2013.
- Visualise Open Government Data - Feb 23, 2013.
What can you do with the thousands of open government datasets? Google and Open Knowledge Foundation are launching a competition to find the best dataviz. Enter by Apr 2.
- Kaggle: Predicting Parkinson's Disease Progression with Smartphone Data - Feb 11, 2013.
Can we objectively measure the symptoms of Parkinson's disease with a smartphone? Michael J. Fox Foundation developed a data collection app that uses smartphone sensors, and collected data from a group of Parkinson's patients and control subjects. Enter by Mar 26 and help millions of Parkinson's patients.
- KDD-2013 Cup competition proposals - Feb 9, 2013.
A good competition task should be practically useful, challenging, not require extensive domain knowledge, and have objective evaluated function. Of particular interest are non-traditional tasks/data that require novel techniques and/or thoughtful feature construction.
- ACM SIGSPATIAL GISCUP Geo-Fencing Contest - Feb 4, 2013.
The contest will focus on geo-fencing - a virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area, widely used in location-based services, such as advertisements and child location services.