FastCompany Top 10 Most Innovative Big Data Companies
The most innovative Big Data companies in the world, according to FastCompany.
FastCompany has published a list of 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World in 2013, led by Nike, Amazon, Square, Splunk, and Fab.
It also has separate rankings for industries and countries, including
Big Data, China (most innovative: Tencent ...), Education (Coursera ...), Energy (Nest ...), Gaming (Rovio ...) , Health Care (Sproxil ...), India (Mahindra Reva ...), Israel (SodaStream ...), Mobile (Uber ...), Robotics (iRobot ...), Sports (Nike ...), and Style (Fab ...).
Although to some degree almost all companies are now in the Big Data world, there is a separate section on Big Data, which includes these
1. Splunk, for deploying its data crunchers to improve operations for its 5,000 clients, from Zynga to Rutgers University to Comcast to the FBI.
2. Quid, funnels information from patent applications, research papers, news articles, funding, and others, to create interactive visual maps of current happenings in technology sectors.
3. Kaggle, for pitting data scientists from across the globe against each other to solve research problems for prize money.
4. ZestFinance, for hacking a new credit rating system by analyzing thousands of variables to determine an applicant's credit score, with the goal of providing better access to loans for those with poor credit.
5. Apixio, for streamlining electronic health records - Apixio data platform makes different types of records universally searchable for doctors and nurses.
6. Datameer, for visualizing business intelligence by designing data sets into a spreadsheet-like interface, and then converting the analytics into stunning infographics and dashboards.
7. BlueKai, for leading the pack in marrying big data with marketing. ...
8. Gnip, for filtering distractions out of social media by letting users customize what they see from their incoming Twitter, Facebook, Google+, WordPress, and YouTube data streams.
9. RetailNext, for integrating data from technologies like face detection and on-shelf sensors to help retailers know their customer as well as online counterparts do.
10. Recommind, for creating a better e-record-keeping system. ...
See also Are these the world's most innovative big data companies?, ZDnet, Feb 11, 2013