Free, Upcoming online courses:Data Analysis, R, Statistics, Machine Learning, Analytics
Upcoming and on-demand free online courses and education in Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistics, R, and Python, from Coursera, edX, Udacity and other sources.
Here are selected online courses relevant to Analytics - thanks to John Verostek from Boston Predictive Analytics Meetup.
Data Analysis and Programming:
- PyData Videos, 47 videos from PyData 2012 Conference, New York, NY.
- Jan 22: Data Analysis [some familiarity with R], 8 weeks, Coursera.
- Mar 25: Web Intelligence and Big Data [Python, SQL, probability, statistics, matrices], 10 weeks, Coursera.
- April: Introduction to Data Science [Java or Python, some familiarity with databases], 10 weeks, Coursera.
- On-Demand: CodeSchool Try R, 7 levels
- TBD: Computing for Data Analysis: Learn R, Coursera
- Community: R-bloggers (not a course, but many very good posts with code examples and explanations).
- Feb 20: Introduction to Statistics: Descriptive, Includes Regression, Berkeley/edX.
- Mar 25: Passion Driven Statistics using SAS OnDemand for Academics, 6 weeks, Coursera
- Apr 1: Statistics: Making Sense of Data, 8 weeks, Coursera
- On-Demand: Introduction to Statistics, 7 parts, Udacity, taught by Sebastian Thrun.
- Coursera Category: Statistics, 18 courses.
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence:
- Feb 18: Artificial Intelligence [Python, Object-Oriented Programming, Recursion], Berkeley/edX.
- On-Demand: Kaggle Machine Learning using Excel, Python, Random Forests, ends Sept 2013.
- On-Demand: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Udacity.
- On-Demand: CalTech Machine Learning, recorded from a live broadcast, including Q&A.
- TBD: Machine Learning, taught by Andrew Ng, Coursera
- Coursera Category: Artificial Intelligence, 22 courses.
- Feb 24: Natural Language Processing [probability, algorithms, calculus], 10 weeks, Coursera.
- Mar 4: Social Network Analysis [some assignments with R, NetLogo], 9 weeks, Coursera.
- On-Demand: Social Networks [Python], 7 units, Udacity.