Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Mar 2013
Features (15) | Software (14) | Courses, Events (19) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (7) | Publications (42) | News Briefs (12) BPDM scholarships Broadening Read more »
- BPDM scholarships Broadening Participation in Data Mining, KDD 2013 - Mar 26, 2013.
The BPDM Program cultivates a talented and diverse population of data mining researchers by providing scholarships for students of underrepresented groups to interact with and learn from senior researchers in industry. Apply by May 5.
- IDA 2013 Frontier Prize - Mar 21, 2013.
IDA 2013 (The 12th Int. Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis), London, UK, 17-19 Oct, will focus is on complex real-world problems, and will award the IDA Frontier Prize to the most visionary contribution. Submission deadline: May 6
- Bentley Living Standards Analytics Symposium/Webcast, Mar 28 - Mar 21, 2013.
This Bentley University Inaugural Symposium will discuss Living Standards Analytics and will feature Discussants from the World Bank, Vietnam General Statistics office, and United Nations Development Program. Attend live or watch webcast.
- Most interesting Big Data Trends and Free Pass to Big Data TechCon, April 8-10, Boston - Mar 20, 2013.
As a Media Partner for Big Data TechCon, April 8-10, Boston, KDnuggets has a free pass to give away. Email your suggestions by Mar 31 for the most interesting Big Data trends to be eligible to win the KDnuggets pass.
- PAW Predictive Analytics World April 2013 San Francisco - Mar 19, 2013.
PAW 2013 (Predictive Analytics World)San Francisco, Apr 14-19, features great speakers from industry leading companies. Check KDnuggets special offer.
- UPM Summer School on Advanced Statistics and Data Mining, Madrid, Jun 24 - Jul 5 - Mar 18, 2013.
The summer school will give an introduction to the theoretical foundations and the practical applications of key modern statistical analysis techniques.
- DePaul MS in Predictive Analytics, on-campus or online, Computational Methods or Marketing - Mar 15, 2013.
On-campus or online, DePaul's MS in Predictive Analytics graduates develop both analytical skills and business acumen through taking courses in analytics, data mining and marketing. Students can choose from two new Concentrations: Computational Methods and Marketing.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World San Francisco and $3 Million Heritage Prize - Mar 13, 2013.
The results of $3 Million Heritage Health Prize to develop an algorithm to predict and prevent unnecessary hospitalizations will be revealed at PAW San Francisco, April 14-19, 2013.
- On-Demand Webcast: Analytically Speaking, WildTrack and Duke University - Mar 13, 2013.
See how WildTrack is monitoring endangered species via cutting-edge data analysis techniques, and learn how to better visualize medical, forensic or any other type of imaging data.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics [Apr: Las Vegas, May: Washington, DC] - Mar 13, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in Las Vegas and Washington, DC.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Mar 20] - Mar 13, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is March 20.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, New York, May 8, 2013 - Mar 12, 2013.
Attend the leading event on social media and social intelligence for customer experience, finance, healthcare, market research, and media applications. Special discount for KDnuggets subscribers.
- Data Mining Best Practices Course, Chicago, New York - Mar 12, 2013.
Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices course (April in Chicago, May in NYC), will share valuable practical advice from years of real-world experience and show how to properly build reliable predictive models and interpret your results with confidence.
- Salford: The Evolution of Regression Free, Hands-on Webinar Series, Mar 15, 29, Apr 12 - Mar 11, 2013.
Regression is a key analytics tool - learn the latest in upcoming free webinar series: The Evolution of Regression - From Classical Linear Regression to Modern Ensembles
- Big Data TechCon, April, Boston - Mar 6, 2013.
Big Data TechCon is the HOW-TO conference, with tutorials and classes apply to Big Data in your data center or in the cloud. Learn from the smartest, hardest-working faculty and be inspired by keynotes.
- Data Mining Course, Apr 5-6 - Mar 6, 2013.
This course is designed for researchers and data analysts with a modest statistical background, and will enable them to start using data mining methods on their own data. It is presented by Statistical Horizons and taught by Robert Stine on April 5 and 6 in Philadelphia, PA.
- KDD-2013 Call for Demonstrations, due Apr 5 - Mar 5, 2013.
The demo session at KDD-2013, the leading research conference on data mining and data science, lets researchers and practitioners display their latest data mining software systems, prototypes, conceptual designs, libraries and more. Submission deadline is Apr 5, 2013.
- Stanford Data Mining, Big Data, and Statistics Courses Online - Mar 5, 2013.
Stanford University online courses and certificates give you the knowledge and skill to be at the cutting-edge of Analytics, Big Data and Data Mining. Earn world-class credentials with online courses.
- WEBINAR: Customer Analytics Roadmap - Mar 4, 2013.
Register for the Customer Analytics Roadmap webinar and learn how to improve marketing campaign performance, attract new customers and improve customer loyalty.