Additions to KDnuggets in March
SPMF Sequential Pattern Mining Framework, Open Data Census, and new companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, and solutions
Date: Apr 1, 2013
New entries for companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, solutions.
In Companies :: Consulting
- Trendwise Analytics, provides consulting services and solutions around Advanced Analytics and Big Data, with end to end services starting from high level strategy to staff augmentation. Bangalore, India.
In Companies :: Products
- KnowledgeMiner Software, research, software development, consulting, and application of unique, inductive self-organizing modeling and knowledge mining technologies.
- Open Data Census, assesses the state of open data around the world.
In Education :: Asia
- National U. of Singapore Bachelor of Science (Business Analytics), learn how to organise, make sense of, and derive critical insights from large amounts of business data.
In Education :: Online and web-based
- CUNY Online Master's Degree in Data Analytics
- DePaul MS in Predictive Analytics, prepares students to become data mining analysts/engineers, predictive modelers, or data scientists.
In Education :: USA/Canada
- Syracuse U. Certificate in Data Science, Syracuse, NY.
- UNT: U. of North Texas College of Business Information Technologies and Decision Sciences center, offering MBA in Decision Sciences, and MS, Information Technology & Decision Sciences. Denton, TX.
- U. of Washington Certificate in Data Science, Seattle, WA and online.
- May 5-10, TDWI World Conferences, Chicago, IL, USA.
- May 17-18, TieCON 2013: Big Data, Mobile and Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI), the largest conference for entrepreneurs, Santa Clara, CA, USA.
- Jul 18-19, The Big Data KE Conference, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Sep 8-12, 2013 ASE/IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Washington, DC, USA.
- Sep 29 - Oct 3, DATA ANALYTICS 2013, The Second Int. Conference on Data Analytics, Porto, Portugal.
- Nov 19-22, TREC 2013: Text Retrieval Conference, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
- Dec 16-18, BDA 2013: Second Int. Conference on Big Data Analytics, Mysore, India.
In Publications :: Newsletters
- FierceBigData, covering Big Data technology and applications.
In Software :: Sequences and Time Series
- KnowledgeMiner, 64-bit parallel software for autonomously building ensembles of predictive difference equation models from high-dimensional noisy data using self-organizing knowledge mining technologies. Live Prediction Validation for model stability evaluation.
- SPMF, a sequential pattern mining framework, open-source, written in Java, offers implementations of 52 data mining algorithms for: sequential pattern mining,
In Software :: Text Analysis, Text Mining and Information Retrieval
- AlchemyAPI, the world's leading text analysis service, processing billions of documents every month.
In Software :: Visualization
- Polychart Embeddable, a charting tool that can be placed anywhere on the web.
In Solutions :: Bioinformatics
- VEGA, the leading public platform for using QSAR Models for prediction of toxic and ecotoxic effects of chemicals for regulatory purposes for minimizing animal tests and costs and for improving consumer safety. Cooperation between Institute Mario Negri, Italy, US EPA, UK FERA, KnowledgeMiner Software, and others.