Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Apr 2013
Features (20) | Software (9) | Courses, Events (23) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (5) | Publications (27) | News Briefs (5) Sentiment Analysis Symposium, Read more »
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, New York, May 8, 2013 - Apr 29, 2013.
Attend the premier event covering social media and social intelligence for customer experience, finance, healthcare, market research, and media applications. Special discount for KDnuggets subscribers.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Chicago June - Apr 23, 2013.
Charge your expertise with the latest methodologies, connect with your peers, and experience unmatched networking and learning at PAW Chicago - June 10-13, 2013. Register before May 1, 2013 for savings up to $400.
- SAS: New Text Analytics Course - Apr 23, 2013.
This course will help you organize, manage, and mine textual data to generate customer insights and to understand and predict customer sentiments.
- SAS: Exploratory Analysis for Large and Complex Problems using SAS® Enterprise Miner™ - Apr 23, 2013.
This two-day course delivers highly pragmatic and practical methods with a unique approach to predictive analytics that will address these issues and more.
- IEEE ICDM Conference on Data Mining Demos - Apr 23, 2013.
The demo session at ICDM-2013, the world's premier research conference in data mining, provides data mining researchers and practitioners an exciting and highly interactive way to explore new ideas and results. Submission deadline is August 9th, 2013.
- BPDM scholarships: Broadening Participation in Data Mining, KDD 2013 - Apr 22, 2013.
The BPDM Program cultivates a talented and diverse population of data mining researchers by providing scholarships for students of underrepresented groups to interact with and learn from senior researchers in industry. Apply by May 5.
- Pivotal - EMC, VMware Big Data Spinoff: Apr 24 Webcast - Apr 19, 2013.
Pivotal, "A New Platform For A New Era", a spinoff from EMC and VMware, will be unveiled during a live live streaming event on April 24.
- Lipari Summer School Computational Social Science and Big Data - Apr 19, 2013.
The 2013 Lipari Summer School will bring together world-class experts in the fields of quantitative social science and big data analysis to provide a lecture and workshop series. Apply by April 30.
- IIA Webinar May 8: The Birds and the Bees: The Benefits of Cross-Pollination - Apr 19, 2013.
IIA Faculty Lead Dwight McNeill will review the strengths and analytic sweet spots of four industries: retail, banking, sports, and political campaigns and explore how these strengths could be adapted for healthcare.
- Meetup/Webcast Apr 23: Shark Data Analytics Stack on a Hadoop Cluster - Apr 18, 2013.
Data Science Meetup: "Shark Data Analytics Stack on a Hadoop Cluster", April 23, 2013, 6 pm MT in Denver, CO - Free and open to all. Live webcast for folks unable to attend in-person.
- RapidMiner Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Text Mining Courses Vancouver - Apr 17, 2013.
Two new RapidMiner courses to be held in Vancouver from April 23 to April 26: Introduction to Data Mining and Predictive Analytics with RapidMiner, and Advanced Text and Web Mining Techniques with RapidMiner and RapidAnalytics
- PAW Toronto 2013 Report: Canada's Predictive Analytics Future on Display - Apr 16, 2013.
A report on PAW Toronto (PAW Predictive Analytics World, March 20-21, 2013) from KDnuggets Canadian correspondent Tom Wolfer.
- Microsoft Research Machine Learning Summit Streamed Live April 23 - Apr 16, 2013.
This free event will offer highlights from the Machine Learning Summit, keynotes from machine learning experts and discussions with leading scientific and academic researchers on challenges raised by the new era in machine learning.
- KDD 2013 Workshops - Apr 16, 2013.
KDD workshops provide an important forum for leading edge research. This year program has 14 workshops, including long-running ones - MDM: Multimedia Data Mining, BIOKDD, and Machine Learning with Graphs, and new ones - Data Mining for Healthcare, Interactive Data Exploration and Analytics.
- Supercomputing PACE Data Mining Boot Camps, San Diego - Apr 15, 2013.
San Diego Supercomputing Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence (PACE) will hold a 2-day Data Mining Boot Camp designed to provide individuals in business enterprises and scientific communities with improved tactics critical to design, build, verify, and test predictive data models. San Diego, May 2-3 and Sep 12-13.
- Text and Social Analytics Summit, Boston, June 2013 - Apr 15, 2013.
Discuss text analytics strategy with Merck, RingCentral, IDC and Emblem Health and see which other industry leaders will be at 11th Text and Social Analytics Summit in Boston, June 5-6.
- Angoss WEBINAR: Integrated Customer Intelligence - Apr 11, 2013.
Register for the Integrated Customer Intelligence webinar and learn how KnowledgeREADER, a truly integrated customer intelligence solution, can help you support customer experience management with visual text discovery, sentiment analysis, data mining and predictive analytics.
- Big Data Techcon Boston: Hadoop is not dead yet - Apr 11, 2013.
I report from the Big Data TechCon Boston (Apr 8-10), which differed from other Big Data conferences with its focus on applied, how-to, tutorials and classes. Despite Hadoop limitations, it is still the most popular tool for Big Data.
- Get results with SAS data mining courses - Apr 9, 2013.
Learn advanced processes and state-of-the-art techniques from leading industry experts and get more from your data. Spring classes are filling quickly, so register today!
- PAW: See Who Attending Predictive Analytics World San Francisco, Apr 14-19, 2013 - Apr 9, 2013.
Join us and network with predictive analytics experts and thought leaders who come to PAW to share their latest best practices, techniques and insight.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Apr 25] - Apr 2, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is April 25.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics [May: Washington, DC; June: Denver, CO] - Apr 2, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in Washington, DC and Denver, CO.
- Caltech free online course: Learning from Data - Apr 2, 2013.
Free, introductory Machine Learning online course, taught by a top-rated Caltech professor. Lectures recorded from a live broadcast, including QnA.