Data Mining / Analytic News Briefs, Apr 2013
Features (20) | Software (9) | Courses, Events (23) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (5) | Publications (27) | News Briefs (5) Revolution R Enterprise Read more »
- Revolution R Enterprise 6.2: Teradata Connection, Automates Linear Models - Apr 24, 2013.
New features include a dedicated Teradata connection and new Stepwise Regression for Big Data Linear Models, to speed up time to insight.
- INFORMS First CAPs: Certified Analytics Professionals - Apr 23, 2013.
CAP designation is earned through a combination of education, experience, confirmation of communication skills, and passing a rigorous examination. The passing rate for the first exam was 77%.
- Cogniview Data Conversion Software and Data Blog - Apr 19, 2013.
Cogniview is a leading provider of data conversion software, and also covers data mining and related topics in its blog.
- GE Flight Quest Winners improve gate/runway arrival predictions by 40-45 pct - Apr 12, 2013.
The winners used a mixture of gradient boosting and random forest models to reduce prediction errors for gate and runway arrival times to 4.2 and 3.2 minutes. Careful feature selection played a key role in their success.
- Oversight Systems Big Data Insights via Evidential Reasoning - Apr 11, 2013.
Oversight analyzes over $1.6 Trillion worth of transactions and delivers insights resulting in recovered revenue and stronger compliance for customers worldwide.