42 Big Data Startups
Here is a selection of most interesting Big Data start-ups to watch.
Jeff Vance at Startup 50 has collected an interesting list of 42 Big Data Startup, and is collecting votes for his story "10 Big Data Startups to Watch". Here are some of the startups, with more relevance to Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science:
You can also get more information on Big Data investments at SiSense Crunchbase dashboard.
Here are the selected start-ups:
- Alpine Data Labs: data science solutions for Hadoop and Big Data, San Mateo, CA.
- Cloudera: a Hadoop-based Big Data platform, Palo Alto, CA.
- Concurrent: Big Data application platforms, San Francisco, CA.
- Continuum Analytics: Python-based data analytics tools, Austin, TX.
- Continuuity: a Hadoop-based Big Data application hosting platform, Palo Alto, CA.
- Datameer: an analytics application that sits on top of Hadoop, San Mateo, CA.
- DataSift: a social data platform that helps organizations aggregate, filter and extract insights from :Twitter, leading social networks and millions of other sources, San Francisco, CA.
- Enigma: a platform for finding relevant data, discovering unknown data sources, and uncovering the relationships across datasets, New York, NY.
- Gravity: data analytic tools to help "personalize" the Web, New York, NY.
- Hortonworks: wants to revolutionize and commoditize the storage and processing of big data via open source tools, including its version of Hadoop, Palo Alto, CA.
- MapR Technologies: a Hadoop/NoSQL Big Data platform, San Jose, CA.
- MemSQL: real-time data analytics platforms, New York, NY.
- Mortar Data: the Hadoop platform as a service for building Big Data pipelines, New York, NY.
- Platfora: software that transforms raw data in Hadoop into interactive, in-memory business intelligence, San Mateo, CA.
- Rocket Fuel: a programmatic buying platform that uses artificial intelligence to interpret the petabytes of data available to advertisers and "learn" in real-time which ads work to drive engagement and sales, Redwood City, CA.
- SiSense: Big Data analytics and BI platform, Redwood Shores, CA and Israel.
- Skytree: machine-learning-based platforms for Big Data analytics, Atlanta, GA.
- Splice Machine: a Hadoop-based, SQL-compliant database designed for Big Data applications, San Francisco, CA.
- Statwing: tools that make it easy for anyone to use the same statistical analysis tools that data scientists and statisticians use, San Francisco, CA.
- SumAll: an analytics tool that helps businesses make more money by using their own data. SumAll tries to break down various data silos, from those associated with legacy apps to those involved with social media, New York, NY.
- WibiData: tools that help companies build Big Data applications, San Francisco, CA.
- Zoomdata: Helps companies visualize business insights with a mobile platform that crunches and merges data streams from internal and external sources to create real-time, interactive visualizations, Reston, VA.
Here is Jeff Vance full list of 42 Big Data startups.
To his list, I would also add these, which are among top 20 Big Data startups by raised venture capital amount:
- Mu Sigma, Northbrook, IL + India.
- Opera Solutions, San Diego, CA + India.
- 10gen, New York, NY
- Guavus, San Mateo, CA.
- ParAccel, Campbell, CA.
- Talend, Los Altos, CA.
- GoodData, San Francisco, CA.
- DataXu, Boston, MA.
- DataStax, San Francisco, CA.
- 1010data, New York, NY.
- Couchbase, Mountain View, CA.
- Factual, Los Angeles, CA.
- Hopper, Cambridge, MA.
- Lattice Engines, San Mateo, CA.
- RainStor, San Francisco, CA.
What other Analytics, Big Data-related startups you like?
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|