Additions to KDnuggets Directory in April
GDELT: Global Data on Events, Quadrigram visualization platform, 12 new blogs, new companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, and software.
New entries for companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, and 12 new blogs.
In Companies :: Cloud Analytics and SaaS
- Predixion Softwareoffers easy to use Excel add-in and web tools for predictive analysis of Excel, PowerPivot or database data. Free developer edition!
In Companies :: Products
- Predixion Software, offers easy to use Excel add-in and web tools for predictive analysis of Excel, PowerPivot or database data. Free developer edition!
- GDELT: The Global Data on Events, Location and Tone, described by Guardian as "a big data history of life, the universe and everything."
In Education :: Certificates
In Education :: Europe
- Oxford Advanced Diploma in Data and Systems Analysis, Oxford, UK.
In Education :: USA/Canada
- Pace U. MS in Customer Intelligence Analytics, New York, NY and Westchester, NY.
- Texas A&M U. part-time MS in Analytics, focus on predictive modeling with some business training, open to working professionals with strong quantitative skills. On-campus and via live video stream. Houston, TX.
- Jul 16-18, FreeStructure, Exploration, Innovation, Collaboration and understanding the impact of Big Data and analysis on our world. San Francisco, CA.
- Sep 9-12, XLDB 2013, 7th Extremely Large Databases Conference, Stanford, CA, USA.
- Oct 20-23, The 14th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL'2013)Hefei, Anhui, China.
- Nov 5-8, 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL Int. Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2013), Orlando, FL, USA.
- Nov 13-15, 11th Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM 2013), Canberra, Australia.
In Publications :: Journals and magazines
- Journal Of Big Data, a SpringerOpen Journal.
In Software :: BI, Database and OLAP
- Predixion Insight, an easy to use Excel add-in for predictive analysis of Excel, PowerPivot or database data. Free developer edition!
In Software :: Suites
- PredictionIO, an open source machine learning server for software developers and data engineers to create predictive features, such as personalization, recommendation and content discovery.
In Software :: Text Analysis, Text Mining and Information Retrieval
- Grammarcheck.net, a free online grammar check, for English.
e In Software :: Visualization
- Quadrigram, a platform for creating customized data visualizations, with a flexible visual language and many visualization templates.
In Websites :: Blogs and News on Data Mining and Data Science
- FastML, covering practical applications of machine learning and data science.
- Hilary Masonblog, from Bitly Chief Scientist, covering Data Science and Machine Learning on Big Data.
- Kaggle blog no free hunch, covering Kaggle data science and machine learning competitions
- Normal Deviateby Larry Wasserman, CMU Prof. of Statistics and Machine Learning
- R-bloggers , best blogs from the rich community of R, with code, examples, and visualizations
- Simply Statistics
- Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Scienceby Andrew Gelman
- Three-Toed Slothby Cosma Shalizi.
- Vincent Granville blog. Vincent, a founder of AnalyticBridge,
- What's the Big Data, by Gil Press. Gil covers the Big Data space and also writes a column on Big Data and Business in Forbes.
- FiveThirtyEight Blogby Nate Silver, a very popular and non-technical blog covering analytics applied mainly to politics and sports.
- IA Ventures blog, by one of the leading Big Data venture capitalists Roger Roger Ehrenberg and his team
Top Stories Past 30 Days