Data Mining / Analytic Competitions News, May 2013
Features (17) | Software (5) | Courses, Events (20) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (6) | Publications (24) | News Briefs (4) DMOLD-13: Data Mining Read more »
- DMOLD-13: Data Mining on Linked Data Workshop and Challenge - May 28, 2013.
The workshop consists of an Open Track and of a Challenge Track. The Challenge focuses Public Contract Procurement data, includes 3 tasks: prediction of the number of bidders; prediction of the type of contract; and unrestricted discovery of interesting nuggets of any sort. Submissions due June 21.
- May 22 Webinar on GE-NFL $10M Challenge: Methods for Diagnosis and Prognosis of Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries - May 20, 2013.
Join NineSigma, GE and NFL for May 22 webinar to learn more about this $10 million challenge for methods that enable more accurate diagnoses of mild brain injury and prognosis for recovery. Submissions due July 1.
- Innocentive: Big Ideas for Unlocking The Power of Big Data - May 19, 2013.
Ideation Challenge, seeking an overview of actionable concepts for leveraging big data in certain applications, identifying potential partners that can help develop Big Data opportunities. Deadline June 15.
- ICDM 2013: Call for Data Mining Contest Proposals - May 14, 2013.
The Data Mining Contest is an integral part of the ICDM conference and provides an opportunity for teams of scientists and domain experts to compete in order to develop data mining techniques for real-world applications. Submissions due June 7
- Kaggle Competition and Tutorial: Facial Keypoints Detection - May 8, 2013.
Identify the key points in facial images that vary by many different factors. This competition also provides a benchmark dataset and R Tutorial to get going on facial image analysis.
- Innocentive: Data Relationships Visualization of Thomson Reuters Web of Science - May 6, 2013.
Build a programmatic interface or "app" using Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge API that enables users to explore data relationships in an engaging or visual way.