KDnuggets 13:n12, Will Big Data Make Statistics Less important? Best Blogs; Data Scientist Now Webinar
New Poll: Big Data vs Statistics, Best Blogs, Data Scientist Now webinar and more analytics/data mining news, including Features (9) | Software (4) | Webcasts (3) | Courses, Events (1) | Meetings (3) | Jobs (9) | Academic (3) | Competitions (1) | Publications (4) | Top Tweets (6) | News Briefs (3) | CFP (13)
Date: May 08, 2013
- New Poll: Will Big Data Make Statistics Less Important?
- Data Scientist Now, Webinar May 14
- Best Blogs for Data Miners and Data Scientists
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World, Chicago, June 10-13
- Stanford Data Mining and Statistics Courses Online
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in April
- Top news, jobs in April: Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data; Learning from "Learning from Data"
- Top news for Apr 28 - May 4: Best Blogs for Data Miners/Scientists; Hedonometer; Is Data Science The End of Statistics?
- Top news for Apr 21-27: Top 30 LinkedIn Groups for Analytics; Machine Learning solves Parkinson's diagnosos
"Listening to the data is important... but so is experience and intuition. After all, what is intuition at its best but large amounts of data of all kinds filtered through a human brain rather than a math model?" Steve Lohr, in 6 Big data quotes of 2012, by Gil Press, Forbes