Additions to KDnuggets Directory in May
Alteryx, BigML, and Skytree Analytics/Machine Learning in the cloud, and new companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, and blogs
Date: Jun 01, 2013
New entries for companies, datasets, education, faq, meetings, software, and blogs.
In Companies :: Cloud Analytics and SaaS
- Alteryx, easy-to-use cloud-based analytics platform for enterprise companies.
- BigML, offering Machine Learning for everyone.
- Skytree, offering Skytree Server, high performance advanced analytics engine.
In Companies :: Consulting
- InEdge, a consultancy specialized in Business Intelligence and Analytics for the Insurance Industry. Montreal/Toronto, Canada and New York, NY, USA.
- Enigma, wants to be "Google for public data" and provide easy access to government, NGO, and other public domain datasets.
- Open Source Sports, many sports databases, including Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey.
In Education :: Europe
- TECI Master en Tratamiento Estadistico-Computacional de la Informacion, MS focused on the mathematical foundations of Analytics, Madrid, Spain.
In Education :: USA/Canada
- CUNY SPS Online MS in Data Analytics: an affordable, accessible program designed to make sense of real-world phenomena and everyday activities by mining big data to uncover patterns, relationships, and trends. New York, NY, USA.
- Jun 13, Workshop: Advanced Statistical Methods in Credit Risk, at the Royal Statistical Society, London, UK.
- Jun 20-21, Big Data & Analytics for Retail, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Jun 20-21, Big Data Innovation Summit, Toronto, Canada.
- Jun 27 MassTLC Big Data Summit: Quantified, Connected, Predictive: The Next Era in Data, Boston, MA.
- July 17-19, KDMiLe: Symposium On Knowledge Discovery, Mining And Learning, Sao Carlos, Brazil.
- Aug 5-7, HP Vertica Big Data Conference, Boston, MA, USA.
- Sep 16-17, Big Data World, London, UK.
- Oct 21-22, SAS Analytics 2013 Conference, Orlando, FL, USA.
- Jan 28-31, 2014 EGC 2014: 14th French-speaking Conference on Knowledge Extraction and Management, Rennes, France.
- Feb 24-28, 2014 WSDM-2014: Seventh ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, New York City, NY, USA
- Mar 17-21, 2014 PAW: Predictive Analytics World, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Mar 19-21, 2014 TAW: Text Analytics World, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Apr 24-26, 2014 SDM'14: The 14th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
In Software :: Clustering and Segmentation
- ELKI: Environment for Developing KDD-Applications Supported by Index-Structures.
In Software :: Suites
- Alteryx, offering Strategic Analytics platform, including a free Project Edition version.
- Dataiku (beta), a software platform for data science, statistics, guided machine learning and visualization capabilities, built on Open Source, Hadoop integration.
- Xeno, InfoCentricity powerful, user-friendly online analytic platform, supporting segmentation, clustering, exploratory data analysis, and the development of highly predictive models.
- Alteryx Project Edition, free version of Alteryx, delivers the data blending, analytics, and sharing capabilities of Alteryx with just enough allowed runs of your workflow to solve one business problem or to complete one project.
In Websites :: Blogs and News on Data Mining and Data Science
- Business. Statistics. Technologyblog by Galit Shmueli, Professor of Statistics at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India.
- Clustify Blog, covering e-discovery, predictive coding, document clustering, technology, and software development.
- Data Science 101, by Ryan Swanstrom.
- IBM Big Data Hub Blogs, blogs from IBM thought leaders.
- Radical Data Science, by Daniel Dean Gutierrez.
- Shape of Data, presents an intuitive introduction to data analysis algorithms from the perspective of geometry, by Jesse Johnson.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|