Datahero: Analytics and Data Visualization for the 99%
Datahero secret Data Decoder analyzes patterns in your data and automatically generates relevant visualizations that help you unmask the answers within.
By Gregory Piatetsky, June 4, 2013.
Its goal is to enable data visualization and analysis for people who are not analytics professionals. Everything works on the web, nothing to download or install, and you can start with a free version.
A very interesting feature of Datahero is how it connects to data. Its site says
Datahero's secret Data Decoder analyzes patterns in your data and automatically generates relevant visualizations that help you unmask the answers within.
Datahero built connectors to Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Github, MailChimp, Salesforce.com, and Stripe.
Using a process the co-founders Chris Neumann and Jeff Zabel call "chart magic," (like Tableau Show Me feature), Datahero suggests certain charts based on the data set, automatically creates what the best chart for visualizng the data. You can also switching to other chart types.
There are 2 pricing options:
- Free: Connect to Cloud Storage: Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, to Github, and lets you upload Excel files up to 2 MB
- $29/month, Also connects to Premium Services: MailChimp, Salesforce.com, Stripe (credit-card processing), and adds Email and Live Chat Support. Try free for 14 days.
and there is also a custom enterprise solution.
See more examples of DataHero in
- Visualization startup Datahero opens its doors and delivers data analysis for the masses, GigaOm, Apr 23, 2013.
- 'Data vis for the 99 percent': DataHero launches its free service, VentureBeat, Apr 23, 2013
- Datahero launches to the public, making genius-level data science simple, automated and free, The Next Web, Apr 23, 2013