Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop
Hunk integrates exploration, analysis and visualization of data in Hadoop, and promises dramatic improvements in the speed and simplicity of analyzing data in Hadoop without programming, costly integrations or forced data migrations.
June 26, 2013. SAN JOSE, Calif. (BUSINESS WIRE)
Hunk (beta) is a new software product from Splunk that integrates exploration, analysis and visualization of data in Hadoop. Building upon Splunk's years of experience with big data analytics technology deployed at thousands of customers, Hunk drives dramatic improvements in the speed and simplicity of interacting with and analyzing data in Hadoop without programming, costly integrations or forced data migrations. Watch the Hunk video to learn more.
Hunk Key features include:
- Splunk Virtual Index (patent pending): enables the seamless use of the entire Splunk technology stack, including the Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL), for interactive exploration, analysis and visualization of data stored anywhere, as if it was stored in a Splunk software index.
- Explore Data in Hadoop from One Place: Hunk is designed for interactive data exploration across large, diverse data sets. There is no requirement to "understand" data upfront, simply point Hunk at the Hadoop cluster and start exploring data immediately.
- Interactive Analysis of Data in Hadoop: Hunk enables users to drive deep analysis, detect patterns and find anomalies across terabytes and petabytes of data. Users can correlate data to spot trends, identify patterns of interest and enrich insights even further by connecting data from external relational databases using Splunk DB Connect.
- Report on and Visualize Data in Hadoop: Users can build advanced graphs and charts on-the-fly to make their data more meaningful. Share these with other users on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices.
- Create Custom Dashboards: Hunk users can combine multiple charts, views and reports into role-specific dashboards which can be viewed and edited on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices. Hunk also allows users to ensure secure access with role-based access controls.
- Splunk Announces Beta Version of Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop, press release. June 26, 2013
- Splunk analytics brought to mainstream Hadoop data, ZDnet, June 26, 2013
Splunk uses the Hadoop "Streaming" feature to integrate its own code and algorithms into the Hadoop MapReduce engine. While many vendors and users treat Streaming as a mechanism to write standard MapReduce code in languages other than Java, Splunk is using it to port its code to the Hadoop platform. ... Splunk users can monitor interim data as it trickles out.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|