KDD 2013 Industry Practice Expo
Meet the industry leaders at KDD-2013 Industry Practice Expo, and learn about Kaggle, Hadoop from the trenches, Decide.com - to buy or not to buy, Analytics from Presidential Elections to Social Good, and using Big Data to solve small data problems.
KDD 2013, the premier international conference on knowledge discovery and data mining will be held in Chicago, August 11-14, 2013.
One of the highlights of the conference is Industry Practice Expo. This year's talks include
- Jeremy Howard, The business impact of deep learning.
Jeremy is a serial entrepreneur, business strategist, developer, and the President and Chief Scientist of Kaggle.
- Milind Bhandarkar, Hadoop: A View from the Trenches.
Milind Bhandarkar was the founding member of the team at Yahoo! that took Apache Hadoop from 20-node prototype to datacenter-scale production system, and has been contributing and working with Hadoop since version 0.1.0.
- Oren Etzioni, To Buy or Not to Buy - That is the Question
Oren is a Professor at U. of Washington, author of over 200 technical papers, has won numerous awards, and founded 3 companies. Netbot was the first online comparison shopping company (acquired by Excite in 1997). Farecast advised travelers when to buy their air tickets (acquired by Microsoft in 2008). His latest company is Decide.com.
- Eric Schadt, Mining the digital universe of data to develop personalized cancer therapies
Dr. Eric Schadt is Chairman and Professor of the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Director of the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at Mount Sinai.
- Rayid Ghani, Targeting and Influencing at Scale: From Presidential Elections to Social Good
Rayid is currently at the University of Chicago and the co-founder of Edgeflip, an analytics startup focused on helping non-profits and social good organizations better use social networks and analytics. Rayid was the Chief Scientist at Obama for America 2012 campaign.
- Ari Gesher, Adaptive Adversaries: Building Systems to Fight Fraud and Cyber Intruders
Ari Gesher is a senior engineer and Engineering Ambassador at Palantir Technologies.
- Raffael Marty, Cyber Security - How Visual Analytics Unlock Insight
Raffael is one of the world's most recognized authorities on security data analytics, the author of Applied Security Visualization and creator of the open source DAVIX analytics platform.
- Chris Neumann, Using "Big Data" to Solve "Small Data" Problems
Chris is the CEO and Cofounder of Datahero, a data analytics company whose goal is to enable anyone to be able to unmask the answers in the data that matters to them.
In addition, KDD-2013 conference will feature:
- High quality papers in both the research, and industry and government tracks. Our acceptance ratio this year was 17.4%.
- Keynotes by leading data science experts including Hal Varian, Chief Economist at Google, Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera, Raghu Ramakrishnan, CTO of Information Services at Microsoft, and Stephen J. Wright, Professor of Computer Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- A wide range of data mining workshop topics, designed to present and discuss novel research ideas on active and emerging trends of knowledge discovery and data mining.
For additional details, to register or renew your SIGKDD membership, please visit: