Additions to KDnuggets in July
Big new list of government and public datasets/portals, new companies, education options, meetings, software, solutions, blogs
Date: Aug 01, 2013
New entries for companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, solutions, websites.
In Companies :: Cloud Analytics and SaaS
- Bodais offers cloud data analysis and data mining, simple to control with each module composed of a single function.
In Companies :: Consulting
- DAYCHE Data Mining Group, Training, Consulting and Project implementation. Tehran, Iran.
In Companies :: Products
- Quantum Leap Innovations, a leader in the emerging area of Pattern-Based Analytics, offering Pattern-Based Discovery, Pattern-Based Prediction, and Pattern-Based Reasoning tools.
In Datasets :: Government and Public Data
- Socrata OpenData, provides social data discovery services for opening government, healthcare, energy, education, or environment data.
- Visualing Data big collection of sites and services for accessing data.
- The World Bank, a comprehensive set of data about development in countries around the globe.
- UN data, a data access system to UN databases
- UNICEF statistics, data analysis and other data about UNICEF work.
- Berkeley-curated US statistical information, by UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism, providing a wealth of demographic and other data on a city, county, state and national level.
- IL: Chicago data .
- NY: New York NYC Open Dat
- WA: Seattle data .
- Eurostat, the leading provider of high quality statistics on Europe.
- OECD Data Lab, data visualisations and European data downloads.
- PublicData.eu, access to open, freely reusable datasets from local, regional and national public bodies across Europe.
- Paris data.
- Destatis: German Federal Statistics Bureau (Statistisches Bundesamt), all German government statistics.
- Dublinked, Dublin data.
- UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), UK largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- UK Data Service, UK largest collection of digital social research data from ESDS, Census Programme, Secure Data Service and others.
- Census India, data on population, economic activity, literacy, education, housing, urbanisation, fertility, mortality, and more.
- Data.gov.au provides an easy way to find, access and reuse public datasets from the Australian Government.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, access to the full range of ABS statistical and reference information.
- Open Data for Africa, supporting statistical development in Africa as a sound basis for designing and managing effective development policies for reducing poverty on the continent.
In Education :: Asia
In Education :: Australia
- Bachelor of Business Analytics, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
In Education :: Europe
- Dublin City University (DCU) M.Sc. in Computing (MCM) with focus on Data Analytics.
- De Montfort U. MSc in Business Intelligence Systems and Data Mining, Leicester, UK.
In Education :: Online and web-based
- Berkeley MS in Data Science, begins 2014.
- Oct 23-24, eMetrics, London, UK.
- Nov 3-7, Business Analytics Forum at IBM Information On Demand 2013, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Nov 18-20, Big Data World Show 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Dec 9-10, Data Marketing Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Dec 19-21, 19th International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD), Ahmedabad, India.
- Jan 14-16, Oracle BIWA Summit, Oracle HQ, Redwood City, CA, USA.
In Software :: Libraries
- ILNumerics, a numerical library for .NET that turns C# into a 1st class mathematical language, with a Matlab-like high-level syntax, high performance, and 2D/3D visualization features. Free Community Edition (GPL).
In Software :: Visualization
In Software :: Web Content Mining, Screen Scraping
- TheWebMiner, for extracting structured data and custom web scraping services in cloud.
In Websites :: Blogs and News on Data Mining and Data Science
- Tatvic blog, coverting web analytics, R, Google analytics, and related topics.