Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Aug 2013
Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Aug 2013
- XLDB-2013: Extremely Large Databases Conference, Stanford, Sep 9-12 - Aug 29, 2013.
XLDB will bring together users and solutions providers to facilitate exchange of ideas for building, manage and analyzing extremely large data sets.
- CUNY Webinar: Talent Analytics - What Matters Most? - Aug 29, 2013.
Learn about Talent Analytics: Helping HR Identify and Manage the Best Talent and affordable Online MS in Data Analytics from CUNY SPS.
- IEEE Big Data Conference, Oct 6-9, Santa Clara - Aug 27, 2013.
Join us for this exciting event with high quality program, including 45 papers selected from over 300 submissions, 15 workshops, 4 keynote speakers, tutorials, and an industry program. Early bird reg is Sep 10.
- Analytics 2013, Oct 21-22, Orlando - Exclusive Discount for KDnuggets Subscribers - Aug 27, 2013.
Over 1,000 analytics practitioners will gather to learn the latest trends, technology and research in analytics, data mining, forecasting, high-performance analytics, statistics, predictive modeling and visual analytics. Get exclusive KDnuggets discount here.
- SAS BKS Courses: Learn how to use data mining effectively - Aug 27, 2013.
The SAS BKS Series offers effective courses developed and delivered by leading industry experts, including Advanced Analytics for the Modern Business Analyst, Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices, Net Lift Models, Survival Data Mining, and Text Analytics. Check out our fall classes!
- Nova Online Graduate Certificate in BI/Analytics - Aug 27, 2013.
The curriculum is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively use available data for competitive advantage, and focuses on business analytics and data mining techniques for organizational decision-making.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics [Sep: Washington, DC; Dec: Las Vegas] - Aug 26, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in Washington, DC and Las Vegas, NV.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Sep 11] - Aug 26, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Sep 11.
- Machine Learning: Hands-On Introduction, Oct 18-19 - Aug 24, 2013.
Requiring no previous background in machine learning, this two-day seminar is a hands-on introduction to the field as well as to the R statistical environment that will be used to illustrate the machine learning concepts.
- KNIME User Day Boston, USA, October 22 - Aug 22, 2013.
A full day program is scheduled to talk about big data, social media analysis, time series analysis, predictive analytics, chemo-informatics, finance, sentiment analysis, and more. Participation is free, but numbers are limited.
- NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics - Aug 22, 2013.
NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset.
- Stanford Data Mining and Statistics Online Courses - Aug 20, 2013.
Earn a world-class Stanford credential in Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Risk Analysis and Management, Quantitative Methods in Finance, with Online courses.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, Mumbai, India, Oct 31-Nov 1 - Aug 19, 2013.
Spending on Big Data technologies in India is growing, but its full use is hampered a lack of data driven decision makers. Big Data Innovation in Mumbai will address this issue. Early bird passes until Aug 23.
- Salford: The Evolution of Regression Modeling: Watch on Demand - Aug 16, 2013.
This webinar series addresses the problems of classical regression and improvements such as regularized and nonlinear regression, and modern ensemble and data mining approaches. Very useful to any data miner or data scientist.
- Upcoming Aug/Sep Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 15, 2013.
Coming soon: Improve Analytics with Decision Modeling, Integrating Predictive Modeling and Data Visualization, Never-Ending Learning to Read the Web, Thinking Outside the Cube, and Analytically Speaking.
- Elder Research Course: Tools for Discovering Patterns in Data, Sep 9-10, Charlottesville, VA - Aug 14, 2013.
Drawing on 20 years of experience, Dr. John Elder will explain powerful analytic methods for classification and estimation, compare the leading algorithms, and demonstrate their effectiveness on practical applications.
- PAW Predictive Analytics World Boston, Sep 29 - Oct 3 - Aug 14, 2013.
PAW Boston covers all the bases for expert practitioners and newcomers, as the universal, cross-vendor meeting place that brings together the who is who of predictive analytics.
- Analytics 2013 Conference, Orlando, Oct 21-22, KDnuggets discount - Aug 13, 2013.
The Analytics 2013 conference will bring together more than 1,000 analytics practitioners to learn the latest trends, technology and research in the field of analytics. Big discount for KDnuggets readers.
- BPDM, Live Streaming Data Science Keynotes, Aug 9-10 - Aug 8, 2013.
Virtually join the Broadening Participation in Data Mining (BPDM) program (co-located with ACM SIGKDD 2013 in Chicago), watch keynotes streamed live Aug 9 and 10, 8:30 am CT.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Aug 13] - Aug 6, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Aug 13.
- DMCS 2013: Data Mining Case Studies and Data Mining Practice Prize CFP - Aug 6, 2013.
DMCS will highlight data mining implementations that have been responsible for a significant and measurable improvement in business operations, or an equally important scientific discovery, or another benefit to humanity. Submissions due Aug 30.
- 7 reasons not to miss Predictive Analytics World Boston, Sep 29 - Oct 3 - Aug 6, 2013.
Case studies from leading organizations; Inspiring keynotes by luminaries; In-depth workshops, learn where predictive analytics is heading, and more.
- HOW-TO Big Data TechCon, San Francisco, Oct 15-17 - Aug 6, 2013.
Big Data How-to Conference: Attend Big Data TechCon, Oct 15-17 in San Francisco, and learn how to analyze, index, search and summarize your big data. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Big Data in Boston in September - Aug 6, 2013.
Join some of the top minds in data for Big Data Innovation or Data Visualization Summits, Boston, Sep 12-13, 2013. Listen to speakers from leading companies including Sony Music, CNN Money, Walmart, Facebook, LinkedIn, MIT, GE Energy, Salesforce, and AT&T.
- ACM Webinar (Aug 27): Never-Ending Learning to Read the Web - Aug 4, 2013.
This webinar describes CMU research to build a Never-Ending Language Learner (NELL) that runs 24 hours per day, forever, learning to read the web. See what NELL has learned in 3 years of continuous running.
- 30 Meetings on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery, Aug-Oct - Aug 3, 2013.
30 upcoming Meetings and Conferences on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery, August - October 2013.
- Webcast: Analytically Speaking featuring Roger Hoerl and Ronald Snee - Aug 2, 2013.
The authors of "Statistical Thinking: Improving Business Performance" talk about how statistics provide a strategic perspective for process improvement in any business, importance of iterative experimentation, and best practices.
- UCI Online Predictive Analytics Certificate - Aug 1, 2013.
Courses start Sep 30 and include Intro to Predictive Analytics, Defining Business Goals, Text Analytics & Text Mining, and Big Data. Enroll now.