NodeXL Social Network for KDD-2013
Marc Smith, a leading social network researcher and creator of NodeXL, made an interesting visualization of social/twitter connections at KDD-2013 conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (Aug 11-14, Chicago).
By Gregory Piatetsky, Aug 12, 2013.
Marc Smith, @marc_smith, Sociologist of computer-mediated collective action at Connected Action and Director of Social Media Research Foundation has created an interesting visualization of social network for #kdd2013 hashtag for KDD-2013 conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.
You can see clusters
- G1 (dark blue): keywords kdd2013, bigdata, datamining, PMML, KNIME, including nodes @kdd and @zementis
- G2 (light blue): keywords kdd2013, kddcup, yarn, REEF, win, fail farecast, with nodes @xamat, @LinkedIn
- G3 (dark green): keywords kdd2013, BigData, datamining, Analytics, NoSQL, kddcup, with @kdnuggets (and many other nodes)
- G4: (light green): keywords kdd2013, bigdata, KnowledgeDiscovery, recsys, KDD2014, with nodes @yahoo_labs, @kdd_news
- G7 (yellow) is bingjobs, BingItOn
Check the large map at bit.ly/19dPMQA and you can download NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft® Excel® at