KDnuggets 13:n24, Big Data != ALL Data; Leo Breiman on Two Cultures; KDD-2013 Videolectures
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (10) | Software (3) | Webcasts (4) | Courses, Events (4) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (7) | Academic (4) | Competitions (1) | Publications (4) | Tweets (5) | NewsBriefs (8) | CFP (6) .
- Big Data does not mean we have ALL the data
- Statistical Modeling: The Two Cultures, by Leo Breiman
- SDSC: Supercomputer Data Mining in San Diego
- Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms, free PDF download (draft)
- To Hadoop or Not to Hadoop?
- U. Chicago MS in Analytics - Information Sessions, Oct 9 and 16.
- Top news for Sep 29 - Oct 5: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms, free book (draft) download; Statistical modeling: 2 cultures
- Top news, jobs in September: Cartoon: Next Trend after Big Data; Poll results: Has Big Data Reached the Hype Peak?
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in September
- Top news for Sep 22-28: Cartoon: Next Trend after Big Data; Data Mining and Analysis, free book (draft) download
"You have collected all there is - all the data there is about a phenomenon", write Viktor Mayer-Schoenberger and Kenneth Cukier in their book on Big Data. I strongly disagree. Gregory Piatetsky