Webcast: Analytically Speaking International Year of Statistics Panel, Dec 11
The leading experts on statistics and data science will tell their stories about the value of statistics to science, industry, health, business and beyond. Register for this insightful Dec 11 webcast.
To mark the end of the International Year of Statistics, we invited a panel of statisticians to share why this is only the beginning.
Moderated by Bob Stine, professor of statistics at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, the panelists tell their stories about the value of statistics to science, industry, health, business and beyond.
- Marie Davidian, President, American Statistical Association.
- Kaiser Fung, author of the new book Numbersense.
- Bradley Jones, Principal Research Fellow, JMP division of SAS.
- Denise Lievesley, Head of the School of Social Science and Public Policy, King's College London.
- Will Potts, Vice President of Statistical Analysis, Risk Management Department, Capital One.
On the table for discussion:
- The fundamental role of statistics.
- Positive strides in the field of statistics.
- The importance of statistical literacy.
- The statistician's image.
- Evolving methods for teaching statistics.
On-demand webcasts featuring additional thought leaders are also available.