- Unicorn Data Scientists vs Data Science Teams - Dec 30, 2013.
A recent post has generated an intense discussion about finding "unicorn" data scientists with a combination of all the needed skills, or whether that skillset is best filled by a team. Here are the highlights, including a proposal how to train well-rounded data scientists.
- Top stories for Dec 22-29: Data Mining Applications with R; “Data Scientist” catches up with “Statistician” - Dec 29, 2013.
Data Mining Applications with R; "Data Scientist" catches up with "Statistician", surpasses "Data Miner"; What is Wrong with the Definition of Data Science.
- Top Datasets on Reddit - Dec 28, 2013.
Most popular dataset posts on Reddit include NFL Game Metadata, Reddit top 2.5 Million posts, Zillow housing prices, and, of course, a database of cat pictures.
- KU Leuven: Postdoc positions in Natural Language Processing - Dec 28, 2013.
KU Leuven has a postdoc fellowship: Knowledge Acquisition for Automated Natural Language Understanding position, and PhD position: Intelligent Aids for Multilingual Information Processing.
- Alpine Data Labs 2014 Predictions - Dec 27, 2013.
Data science is permeating every facet of our daily lives - from our culture to our classrooms. Look for data science to make an even greater impact in 2014.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 25-26: The emergence of Apache Spark; 5 Free Excel add-Ins for #BigData - Dec 27, 2013.
The emergence of Apache Spark is a key development for Big Analytics; 5 Free Excel add-Ins to help Marketers analyze #BigData; Key Skills of Top @kaggle Competitors: R (90%), Random Forests (60%); Netflix open sources Suro: data traffic "cop" which directs #BigData to destination
- Highlights of Data Marketing 2013 Conference in Toronto - Dec 26, 2013.
Key themes were: Customer Obsessed Marketer, Segment of One, SoLoMo (Social, Local and Mobile), and Big Data - actionable insights and decision making.
- Big Data In 2014: 6 Bold Predictions - Dec 25, 2013.
New bold predictions include: More Hadoop projects will fail than succeed, The need for automated tools will become critical, and #BigData will fly to the cloud.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 23-24: New book: Data Mining Applications with R; Data Scientist catches up with Statistician - Dec 25, 2013.
New book: Data Mining Applications with R; Data Scientist catches up with Statistician; What is Wrong with the Definition of Data Science; Making sense of #BigData : mining Twitter names
- What is Wrong with the Definition of Data Science - Dec 24, 2013.
A veteran statistician argues that 3 different areas usually included in "Data Science" require dramatically different, skills, education, and training with very little overlap.
- AnalyticsWeek 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data and Analytics - Dec 24, 2013.
AnalyticsWeek produces the list of 200 Thought Leaders on Tweeter in Big Data and Analytics, which includes the usual suspects but also new names.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 20-22: Data Mining Book Review: “Visualize This”; Top NYU Prof. on Data Science and Prediction - Dec 24, 2013.
Data Mining Book Review: "Visualize This" from @flowingdata; Top NYU Professor Vasant Dhar on Data Science and Prediction - what do they mean; Analysis reveals #MOOC problems: student participation drops dramatically.
- New book: Data Mining Applications with R - Dec 24, 2013.
Covers 15 real-world applications on data mining with R, including R code and data, covering business background and problems, data extraction and exploration, data preprocessing, modeling, model evaluation, findings and model deployment.
- “Data Scientist” catches “Statistician”, surpasses “Data Miner” - Dec 24, 2013.
The rapidly rising term "Data Scientist" caught up with "Statistician" and surpassed "Data Miner" on Google Trends. However, Statistics remains a lot more popular than "Data Science", which begs the question: What do Data Scientists do? Clearly, it is not Data Science.
- DMCS 2013 Data Mining Case Studies Practice Prize Winners - Dec 24, 2013.
DMCS (Data Mining Case Studies) 2013 Practice Prize was awarded at ICDM 2013 conference for a work on a novel and successful credit card fraud detection system, implemented in a Turkish bank. The Prize was partially sponsored by KDnuggets.
- Top stories for Dec 15-21: R leading, Python gaining; Top LinkedIn Groups reanalyzed - Dec 24, 2013.
Poll Results: R has a big lead, but Python is gaining; Top 2013 LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data; Predictive Analytics in 2014: Monetizing, Not Managing Big Data
- Vasant Dhar on “Data Science and Prediction” - Dec 24, 2013.
What does "Data Science" and #BigData mean? Is there something unique about it? What skills do "data scientists" need to be productive in a world deluged by data? What are the implications for scientific inquiry?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 18-19: Poll Results: R has a big lead, Python is gaining; Who are Data Scientists? - Dec 24, 2013.
Poll Results: R has a big lead, but Python is gaining; Who are Data Scientists and why they are or are not unicorns; 2014 Predictions: Machine-generated data will grow; #BigData + Big Pharma = Big Privacy Catastrophe
- UMich Competition graduate students / post docs using SEARCH - Dec 24, 2013.
SEARCH is a statistical technique for understanding complex interactions among explanatory variables in describing a wide variety of phenomena. Awards for US grad students/postdocs trying to understand complex interactions in large databases.
- UNICEF: Tower Project Developer Consultant - Dec 21, 2013.
Help with the real-time prototyping of The Tower Project, which monitors and aims to predict natural and man-made disasters by looking at data such as volume of calls and SMS.
- FICO Lessons in Developing, Applying Decision Modelling Methods - Dec 21, 2013.
Analytically sophisticated businesses combine predictive analytics and decision models with optimization to solve complex problems and achieve good results. Top FICO expert explains.
- New Poll: Did you switch between R, Python, or other Data Science Languages? - Dec 21, 2013.
New KDnuggets Poll focuses on on the controversy around whether Python displaces R as language for Data Science, or whether R remains the dominant language. Please vote if you switched between R, Python, or other data analysis language in 2013.
- Analytics Researcher, Adobe Research - Dec 21, 2013.
Research the next generation digital marketing applications and products using large-scale machine learning, statistical-relational modeling, location prediction and social networks analysis.
- Data Scientist - Dec 21, 2013.
Working on high impact, real world problems using huge (and somewhat messy) data sets, including billions of transactions, to unlock valuable insights and power new products for the New York Times.
- Multiple Data Science, Data Mining jobs - Dec 21, 2013.
From power tools to automobiles, health monitoring machines to wind turbines, our Big Data group is focused on using expertise in data mining and machine learning to improve lives through our products.
- Statistical Golden Rule - Dec 21, 2013.
Bruce Ratner examines how to combine skills acquired by experience (art) and a technique that reflects a precise application of fact or principle (science).
- Statistical Community and Big Data disconnect: Discussion Highlights - Dec 21, 2013.
Highlights from a vigorous discussion on Statistical community and Big Data, including: Are data scientists reinventing statistics? Did statisticians miss the boat in 1990s? Is more data always better? Statistics 2.0?
- Yahoo Lecture: Big Data, Global Diplomacy and Digital Heartbeat, by Kalev Leetaru - Dec 21, 2013.
The 2013 Yahoo! Fellow Kalev Leetaru talks about Big Data, Global Diplomacy and Digital Heartbeat and application of Big Data to understanding international relationships.
- Discover the power of business analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
SAS Business Knowledge Series offers courses by top industry experts on latest business practices, concepts, and techniques.
- Why RapidMiner? By Usama Fayyad, a Top Data Scientist and Entrepreneur - Dec 21, 2013.
With the current release of RapidMiner v6, and the introduction of application wizards to help business analysts instantly work with their data, RapidMiner will continue to be the platform of choice for anyone analyzing Big Data.
- Rexer Analytics releases 2013 Data Miner Survey Summary Report - Dec 21, 2013.
Highlights include Focus on CRM, Big Data perhaps not so big, The Ascendance of R, Challenges in the use of analytics, High Job Satisfaction, and a ranking of analytics software by several measures, including Ease-of-use and cost.
- WekaMOOC: Data Mining with Weka, complete online course - Dec 21, 2013.
The course features video lectures by Professor Ian H. Witten, with English & Chinese subtitles, open-source Weka data mining platform. What were the most interesting lectures?
- Highlights of IEEE ICDM 2013 International Conference on Data Mining, Dallas - Dec 21, 2013.
Highlights of the IEEE ICDM 2013 Conference on Data Mining: Good organization in icy conditions, How to do clustering in high dimensions, Discovering unexpected sequential patterns, and perspectives on #BigData.
- Replay: What Lies Ahead for Big Data and Analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
More people than ever are interested in how big data and analytics can give them an edge. Watch the panelists, Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Editor of KDNuggets, and Michael Karasick, VP of research in IBM acclaimed Almaden Research as they delve into these topics and give us a look at what they think will be the hottest topics and developments of 2014.
- Web Science 2014 Data Visualization Challenge - Dec 21, 2013.
The goal of this challenge is to encourage innovative visualizations of web data, especially interdisciplinary approaches. Use any of 4 huge datasets: web traffic, Twitter data, social bookmarking, or academic co-authorship.
- Red Button Solver Self-service big data analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
RedButtonSolver shows how to get insight from your data without a PhD in Statistics, by following 3 simple steps and giving you answers, including great visualizations, to 5 key business questions.
- UDelaware Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data, Feb 13 – May 22 - Dec 21, 2013.
This certificate program brings together the computational, analytical and communication skills necessary to discover and implement data-supported solutions to business questions. Classes run Feb 13-May 22.
- KDnuggets 13:n31, R leading, Python gaining; Top LinkedIn Groups, re-analyzed; Top 2013 Stories - Dec 21, 2013.
Poll results show that R has a big lead, but Python is gaining among data scientists; We re-analyze top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data and Data Science; Top 2013 Stories on KDnuggets and Happy Holidays!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 27 – Dec 1: Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum; 5 ways to handle #BigData in R - Dec 21, 2013.
Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum; 5 ways to handle #BigData in R; Yahoo SAMOA, Open Source Platform Mining Big Data Streams; 3 Levels of Data: fits in Excel; fits in RAM; a world of pain
- KDnuggets 13:n30, R / Python switch? 3 Stages of Big Data; Statistics disconnect - Dec 21, 2013.
New Poll: Did you switch between R and Python; 3 Stages of Big Data; Why statistical community is disconnected from Big Data and how to fix it; Why RapidMiner? By Usama Fayyad; and more analytics/data mining news
- November Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining companies and startups activity - Dec 21, 2013.
The November 2013 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: KPMG $100M fund, Jut, Alpine Data, RapidMiner, BIME Analytics
- Predictive Analytics in 2014: Monetizing, Not Managing, Big Data - Dec 21, 2013.
Guest blog of SkyTree CEO Martin Hack looks at 2 Key Trends in Predictive Analytics in 2014: high performance machine learning will penetrate the mainstream, and privacy issues associated with Big Data will be debated by business owners and consumers alike.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 16-17: A billion rows per second in Python; #BigData Dashboard Dizziness - Dec 21, 2013.
A billion rows per second in Python; #BigData Dashboard Dizziness - what you get after careful consideration of 437 charts; Import.io turns any website into a database; 2014 Predictions: Machine-generated data
- Poll Results: R has a big lead, but Python is gaining - Dec 21, 2013.
KDnuggets Poll results show that R has a big lead among data scientists and data miners, but Python is slowly gaining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 13-15: Facebook hires Deep Learning expert Yann LeCun; 2014 World Cup Group Stage - Dec 21, 2013.
Facebook hires Deep Learning expert Yann LeCun to head its new AI lab; New Data Mining and Machine Learning books from CRC Press - Save 25%; Import.io turns any website into a database; 2014 World Cup Group Stage, per ESPN: Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France advance
- New Data Mining and Machine Learning books from CRC Press – Save 25% - Dec 21, 2013.
Save 25% on new Data Mining and Machine Learning books, including Multilinear Subspace Learning, Bayesian Programming, Computational Business Analytics, and Multi-Label Dimensionality Reduction.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 11-12: More fuel thrown into Data Science Wars: Python vs R; Data Science Toolbox environments - Dec 21, 2013.
More fuel thrown into Data Science Wars: Python vs. R; Data Science Toolbox virtual environments for command-line data science; T-index is like academic H-index; Movie Analytics in India: Dhoom 3 to Don 3
- New Book: A Programmer Guide to Data Mining – Free Download - Dec 21, 2013.
New book "A Programmer Guide to Data Mining" - a guide to practical data mining, collective intelligence, and building recommendation systems by Ron Zacharski. Free download of all chapters.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 9-10: European Travel Patterns; Cloudera resources for Data Science beginners - Dec 21, 2013.
European Travel Patterns; Cloudera resources for Data Science beginners; New Book: A Programmer Guide to Data Mining - free download; 3 stages of Big Data to help clarify the confusion
- New Book on RapidMiner – Save 25% - Dec 21, 2013.
Written by leaders in the data mining community, this new book provides an in-depth introduction to the application of data mining and business analytics techniques and tools in scientific research, medicine, industry, commerce, and diverse other sectors.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 6-8: A public list of R freelancers; Top 10 Big Ideas in Harvard Statistics Class - Dec 21, 2013.
A public list of R #rstats freelancers - great resource; Top 10 Big Ideas in Harvard Statistics Class; 3 stages of Big Data to help clarify the confusion; Trifacta, maker of #BigData platform for machine-learning powered data visualization
- Movie Analytics in India: Dhoom 3 to Don 3 - Dec 21, 2013.
Predictive Analytics and Game theory can help answer questions like Can Dhoom 3 or Don 3 be as successful as Mother India, or which actor should have the main role for movie to be successful.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 4-5: R is great for stats, Python for more complex tasks; How Facebook own algorithm is killing it - Dec 21, 2013.
R is great for stats on one file, but for more complex data analysis use Python; How Facebook own Edgerank algorithm is killing it; Gates Foundation awards grants for using Big Data for Social Good; Preview of book Data Mining Applications with R
- LIONbook Chapter 17: Semi-supervised learning - Dec 21, 2013.
The LIONbook on machine learning and optimization, written by co-founders of LionSolver software, is provided free for personal and non-profit usage. Chapter 17 looks at Semi-supervised learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 2-3: Google Deep Learning is outsmarting humans; Udacity Online Degree program for Data Science - Dec 21, 2013.
Google "Deep Learning" is outsmarting its human employees; Udacity Creates Online Degree Program For Data Science; JSON and #BigData will Shape the Internet of Things: RESTful APIs a key component; The Case Against #BigData In Sports
- LIONbook Chapter 16: Visualizing Graphs and Networks - Dec 21, 2013.
The LIONbook on machine learning and optimization, written by co-founders of LionSolver software, is provided free for personal and non-profit usage. Chapter 16 looks at Visualizing graphs and networks by nonlinear maps.
- Top stories for Nov 24-30: Harvard CS109 Data Science Course; Thanksgiving Big Data Cartoon - Dec 21, 2013.
Harvard CS109 Data Science Course, Resources Free and Online; Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science; Yahoo SAMOA, Open Source Platform for Mining Big Data Streams
- Lecture: Business Process Analytics in Practice - Dec 21, 2013.
A presentation about current research in the areas of process analytics, intelligence, and process mining.
- Innocentive: Establishing a Business Value for Data - Dec 21, 2013.
Seeking methodology for quantifying the value of different types of business data in order to inform large scale investment decisions concerning improving data infrastructure, supply chain and management.
- Top stories for Dec 8-14: A Programmer Guide to Data Mining – Free Download; 3 Stages of Big Data - Dec 21, 2013.
New Book: A Programmer Guide to Data Mining - Free Download; 3 Stages of Big Data; New Poll: Did you switch between R, Python, or other Data Science Languages? Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data
- Hurwitz Victory Index Survey on Advanced Analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
Help create a Victory Index on Advanced Analytics, take part in a survey of advanced analytics and get the results.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World 2014 San Francisco: Agenda - Dec 21, 2013.
Predictive analytics professionals will not want to miss the PAW keynote speakers. Register by Jan 24 with Early Bird Pricing and get the best deal on analytics networking.
- Top stories for Dec 1-7 - Dec 21, 2013.
Harvard CS109 Data Science Course, Resources Free and Online; Open Source Data Science Masters Curriculum; Gates Foundation Grants: Big Data for Social Good; Statistical Community and Big Data disconnect
- Gates Foundation Grants: Big Data for Social Good - Dec 21, 2013.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has awarded six $100,000 grants to help improve everything from disaster response to municipal services.
- Top news, jobs in November: Harvard Data Science Course; Field Guide to Data Science; KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon - Dec 21, 2013.
Harvard Data Science Course, free resources online; Field Guide to Data Science - free download; WDC Huge Web Graph; Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data and Turkey Data Science
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World 2014 San Francisco:
Have you seen the Agenda? - Dec 21, 2013.
Predictive analytics professionals will be beating down the doors of this international conference to hear from PAW keynote speakers. Dont miss your chance to save on PAW registration - register by Jan 24 with Early Bird Pricing.
- Dec-Mar Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Dec 21, 2013.
27 upcoming meetings in Dec 2013 - Mar 2014, including Text Analytics Summit West, ICDM 13, Oracle BIWA, PAW San Francisco, and INFORMS in Boston.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science Stories in 2013 - Dec 21, 2013.
Salary of Analytics/Data Science professionals; Top Languages for analytics, data mining, data science; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science; Book: Twitter Data Analytics - free download
- Data Science Toolbox virtual environment - Dec 21, 2013.
Data Science Toolbox: a new virtual environment for command-line data science - how it compares with similar environments: Mining the Social Web, Data Science Toolkit, and Data Science Box.
- Data Science for Social Good Summer 2014 - Dec 21, 2013.
The Eric & Wendy Schmidt Data Science for Social Good 2014 Summer Fellowship at the University of Chicago is looking for students, mentors, and project partners - apply by Feb 1.
- Oracle BIWA Summit January 2014 - Dec 21, 2013.
Novel and interesting use cases of Oracle Big Data, Exadata, Advanced Analytics/Data Mining, Endeca; opportunities to get hands-on experience; great customer case studies and more.
- CIO Review 20 Most Promising Data Analytics Companies - Dec 21, 2013.
CIO Review special report on 20 Most Promising Data Analytics Companies, which cover Big Data, CRM, enterprise, employee analytics, finance, health care, real-time insights, and even neuroscience based data analytics.
- Top 2013 LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data,
Data Mining, and Data Science - Dec 21, 2013.
We revisit our analysis of top 30 LinkedIn groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science and identify the largest, fastest growing, and most active groups. In 2013 the growth rate of top groups more than doubled, and growth rate correlated with the activity level.
- Top 10 Big Ideas in Harvard Statistics 110 Class - Dec 21, 2013.
The Big Ideas in Statistics include: Conditioning (the soul of statistics), Random variables and random vectors, Stories, Symmetry, Linearity of expectation, LOTUS, Variance, covariance, and correlation.
- Open Source Data Science Masters Curriculum - Dec 21, 2013.
A good collection of open source resources for Data Science Masters Curriculum, covering Math, Algorithms, Databases, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Analysis and Visualization, and Python.
- New Book: RapidMiner: Data Mining Use Cases and Business Analytics Applications - Dec 21, 2013.
This book provides an in-depth introduction to the application of data mining and analytics techniques in science, medicine, industry, commerce, and other sectors.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Dec 18] - Dec 21, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Dec 18.
- Webinar: Angoss ScorecardBUILDER(tm) Preview, Jan 23 - Dec 21, 2013.
Webinar: Introducing Angoss ScorecardBUILDER(TM) - accelerate scorecard development by 50%+ with automated workflow and Weight of Evidence optimizer.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in November - Dec 21, 2013.
Swift IQ, Plotly data and visualization platform, Data Science Programs, and more companies, datasets, meetings,
- Online MS in Predictive Analytics at DePaul: 4 concentrations - Dec 21, 2013.
The MS in Predictive Analytics at DePaul University addresses the growing demand for data scientists with 4 timely and in-demand concentrations: Marketing, Computational Methods, Hospitality, and Health-Care Analytics.
- 3 Stages of Big Data - Dec 21, 2013.
The confusion around Big Data is partly the result of different aspects of Big Data which have very different meaning and produce very different results. We propose a 3 stage classification.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics
[Mar: Orlando; Apr: LA] - Dec 21, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in Orlando and LA.
- LinkedIn Hottest Skills of 2013 - Dec 20, 2013.
LinkedIn Hottest Skills of 2013 include Statistical Analysis and Data mining, Perl/Python/Ruby, Business Intelligence and several related ones..
- Top news, jobs in November: Harvard Data Science Course; Field Guide to Data Science; KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon - Dec 20, 2013.
Harvard Data Science Course, free resources online; Field Guide to Data Science - free download; WDC Huge Web Graph; Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data and Turkey Data Science
- Schwab: Analytics Senior Manager - Dec 20, 2013.
Partner with business teams to understand objectives and scope analytical projects that deliver insights and results; work in a cross-functional manner with other consultants, analysts, statisticians, data engineers, and external vendors to deliver insights and solutions.
- WhitePages: Software Engineer – Machine Learning, Data Science - Dec 19, 2013.
Be instrumental in defining, driving and extending the vision for WhitePages data and help identify new ways to improve the value of our data by through freshness, accuracy, breadth, and depth.
- NPR: Data Scientist - Dec 18, 2013.
Extract insights from complex media usage data sets for product development, identify strategic opportunities, and become the expert for digital metrics - dream job for a public radio lover.
- MeasuredProgress: Statistical Analysis Manager - Dec 18, 2013.
Help improve the achievement of students nationwide by supporting our K-12 assessment and professional development programs, by defining and implementing the statistical analysis processes.
- DueDil: Junior Data Scientist - Dec 17, 2013.
Help build the most exciting startup in Europe! DueDil answers the needs of the largest and fastest growing user base of B2B decision makers in the UK and is becoming the data backbone of business.
- Cal Poly: Marketing Faculty, Tenure-track - Dec 16, 2013.
Focus on teaching (mainly undergraduate, some MBA and certificate programs), provide students with a strong foundation in marketing concepts and introduce them to cutting edge marketing tools.
- Crum & Forster: Quantitative Analyst - Dec 14, 2013.
Help build economic. operations research, and statistical models using internal and external data sources.
- MachineZone: Data Scientist - Dec 13, 2013.
Develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to identify game optimization points that will encourage users to play our games more.
- Sr. Financial Analyst - Dec 12, 2013.
ZeniMax Online Studios, a premier developer and worldwide publisher of world-class online games, seeks a talented, energetic Sr. Financial Analyst for our growing finance/accounting dept.
- Machine Leaning Engineer/Data Scientist - Dec 12, 2013.
Work on both research and development projects to help build the next generation of products that will allow digital marketers to maximize revenue and expand their brand presence.
- Senior Machine Learning Developer - Dec 12, 2013.
Work with the founders and a growing ecosystem of business partners and customers to build cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and real time intelligence.
- Senior Knowledge Analyst - Dec 12, 2013.
All aspects of advanced analytics, from helping to create relevant service offerings to executing analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition.
- Knowledge Expert, Operations Analytics - Dec 12, 2013.
All aspects of Operations analytics, from helping to create relevant service offerings by working with priority global Practice Areas, to leading the execution of analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation.
- Knowledge Expert, Marketing & Sales Analytics - Dec 12, 2013.
Responsible for all aspects of Marketing & Sales analytics, from helping to create relevant service offerings by working with priority global Practice Areas, to leading the execution of analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition.
- Knowledge Analyst - Dec 12, 2013.
Responsible for executing technical analytics that deliver valuable insights to BCG clients in collaboration with BCG case teams.
- KDnuggets 13:n28, Where did you apply data mining? Analytics Marketplaces; Boston DataFest - Dec 12, 2013.
New KDnuggets Poll: Where did you apply analytics/data mining in 2013? KDnuggets review of Analytics App Marketplaces; My report on Boston DataFest and the next Big Thing in Big Data, and more.
- ETL and Big Data Architect - Dec 12, 2013.
Big Data and Data Mining is impacting Bosch products and services in many other areas, so come and join our rapidly growing team of data scientists and software engineers.
- Big Data ETL Developer - Dec 12, 2013.
Big Data and Data Mining is impacting Bosch products and services in Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, and many other areas. We expect our team of data scientists and software engineers to grow rapidly, so come join us!
- Lecture: Social Network Analysis for Fraud Detection - Dec 12, 2013.
As traditional techniques often fail to identify fraudulent behavior, social network analytics offers new insights in the propagation of fraud through a network - watch this short overview.
- TDWI Launches Big Data Maturity Model Assessment Guide, Online Test - Dec 12, 2013.
Online assessment and downloadable assessment guide enable organizations to determine the maturity of their big data analytics program; guide offers best practices for moving to the next level. Take the assessment free, online.
- Data Science not just for Big Data: Video and Slides - Dec 12, 2013.
While big data certainly brings changes to data science, major data science principles remain unchanged regardless of the data size. Watch leading experts David Smith from Revolution Analytics and Gregory Piatetsky from KDnuggets discuss key data science principles.
- Senior Software Engineer – Analytics - Dec 12, 2013.
The Data Mining Service Center at Bosch provides Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data services to many Bosch business units, including Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, and Large-Scale Simulations.
- IBM SPSS Modeler Cookbook - Dec 12, 2013.
New book by leading analytics professionals shows how to get the most from IBM SPSS Modeler, using detailed step-by-step examples to help you build the models you can deploy in your business.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 18-19: Must read: Deep Learning 101; “Pythonization” of data analysis - Dec 12, 2013.
Must read for Data Scientists: Deep Learning 101; The "Pythonization" of scientific computing and data analysis; Python for Data Science - a walkthrough of a complete project
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 22-24: 50 R functions to clear a basic interview; Netflix Big Data Platform as a Service - Dec 12, 2013.
R Guru Ajay Ohri list of 50 R functions to clear a basic interview; Netflix #BigData Platform as a Service architecture; Harvard Data Science Course, free resources online; Google Chairman Eric Schmidt on why Data Analytics is the Future
- SiSense: Cutting the Cost of Business Analytics - Dec 12, 2013.
Download this paper to learn how to significantly cut Business Analytics costs with smart Software, Hardware, and Human Resource choices.
- Data Scientist - Dec 12, 2013.
Join a rapidly growing leader in Big Data Emotional Analytics; we apply cutting-edge paradigms in computing, novel and fundamental scientific discoveries, and powerful algorithmic tools to measure and use the emotional signals in digital media.
- Sr. Big Data Engineer / Architect - Dec 12, 2013.
Looking for a talented, energetic individual with demonstrated excellence in delivering robust solutions based on leading-edge technologies in the field of big data analytics.
- KDnuggets Review of Analytics Marketplaces: The Next Big Thing for Big Data - Dec 12, 2013.
We review Analytics App Marketplaces from Alteryx, Amazon (AWS), BigML, Datameer, RapidMiner, and Windows Azure. Who will create the next iTunes for Analytics?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 15-17: Must read for Data Scientists: Deep Learning 101; Huge web graph publicly available for research - Dec 12, 2013.
Must read for Data Scientists: Deep Learning 101 (hot algorithm that wins competitions); Huge web graph publicly available for research, 3.5B web pages); Scandal: Due to bad data analysis, ~25% of studies may be false; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science
- Top 10 trends in text analytics - Dec 12, 2013.
Data Driven Business recently interviewed forward thinking text analytics professionals from leading companies like Bank of America, Home Depot and PayPal, on challenges they are face, overcoming them, and the industry as a whole.
- Future of Foresight Analytics – Making Organizations Smarter About Corporate Decision Making - Dec 12, 2013.
This guest post examines Insight and Analytic functions and what they need to effectively evolve by addressing key elements of the Insight and Analytics Value Chain(tm).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 13-14: LIONbook Ch. 13: Bottom-up clustering; Databases for text analysis - Dec 12, 2013.
LIONbook Ch. 13: Bottom-up clustering, part of The LIONbook on machine learning; Databases for text analysis: archive and access texts using SQL and python ; Data Science vs Data Scientists, Data Analysts and BI Practitioners; Top 10 Blogs in 2013 from The #BigData Institute
- LIONbook Chapter 13: Bottom-up (agglomerative) clustering - Dec 11, 2013.
The LIONbook on machine learning and optimization, written by co-founders of LionSolver software, is provided free for personal and non-profit usage. Chapter 13 looks at Bottom-up (agglomerative) clustering.
- Predictive Analytics Cloud: Opportunities, Trends and Big Data Impact - Dec 11, 2013.
Highlights from a significant new report by Decision Management Solutions on Predictive Analytics in the Cloud: Opportunities, Trends and Big Data Impact. The top driver was reduced cost while data security and privacy remain the primary obstacles reported. Download this free report.
- Game Analytics Manager - Dec 11, 2013.
Implement best analytical practices, enhance and develop game data processing, and lead the team in translate stakeholder questions into actionable quantitative analyses based on player behaviours.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 11-12: 5 Fundamental Concepts of Data Science; 11 TED talks explore the dark side of #BigData - Dec 11, 2013.
5 Fundamental Concepts of Data Science; 11 TED talks explore the dark side of #BigData ; Nobel winner Daniel Kahneman: humans are BAD intuitive statisticians; Data Science Workflow - Overview and Challenges
- KDnuggets 13:n27: Twitter and Quantum Physics, Badmandments, Field Guide to Data Science, Chordalysis - Dec 11, 2013.
Twitter and Quantum Physics connection; John Tukey "Badmandments"; Strata 2013 videos; Chordalysis: a new method to discover the structure of data, and more analytics/data mining news.
- Data Scientist/Statistician - Dec 11, 2013.
We are growing our Data Science team and looking for curious and nimble "math magicians" to predict the future and help us draw the map to get there.
- Vice-President, Marketing Analytics & Business Intelligence - Dec 11, 2013.
Collaborate with the executive leadership and be responsible for building, leading and growing an advanced, competitive analytics and business intelligence function.
- Megaputer: Data Analysis Consultant - Dec 11, 2013.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst(tm) platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- Data Scientist - Dec 11, 2013.
Work on a wide range of projects, using everything from recommendation engines to user segmentation and clustering, and make an impact on how manufacturers, auto dealers, and consumers interact.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 8-10: Field Guide to Data Science, free download; Hilary Mason plans her own startup - Dec 11, 2013.
Booz Allen Field Guide to Data Science (free download); Star Data Scientist Hilary Mason plans on starting her own company; Learn Data Science in 12 Intense Weeks at Zipfian Academy
- Booz Allen “Field Guide to Data Science” – free download - Dec 11, 2013.
The guide includes an introductory section, the practitioners guide to Data Science, a first hand account of life as a Data Scientist, tips and tricks, and an overview of successful data science solutions. Free Download.
- Adobe: Product Analyst, Behance - Dec 11, 2013.
Work with product, business, community and development teams to define, analyze and refine KPIs for overall product and new features. Drive the creation of a robust analytics tech stack to log and analyze all product data.
- Adobe Research: Econometrics Data Scientist - Dec 11, 2013.
Discovering innovative approaches to leveraging advanced statistical and econometric modeling techniques to perform marketing mix modeling research on multiple massive datasets.