FastCompany 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data
Big Data-driven companies can now map your genome, find the best fit for clothing, and improve student grades, but it all comes at the expense of much reduced privacy. Here are 10 most innovative Big Data companies according to Fast Company.
1. GEFor harnessing data from its planes and trains to power a new Industrial Internet, potentially saving billions.
2. KaggleFor feeding its DIY data scientists cash-prize challenges (then molding them into a consulting biz).
3. AyasdiFor using a visual approach to take the guesswork out of big data.
4. IBMFor playing global data evangelist by sharing its problem-solving power with cities, businesses, and universities.
7. KnewtonFor forging alliances to make millions of students smarter, from adaptive-learning ebooks to personalized English language training courses.
8. SplunkFor providing businesses with hundreds of homegrown apps to sniff out error files and keep things humming.
9. GnipFor expanding its service to let customers dive through every social media stream available.
10. EvolvFor mining employee performance to help stanch turnover and upend HR.