2014 Feb Opinions, Interviews
All (82) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings & Reports (12) | News, Features (24) | Opinions, Interviews (6) | Publications (8) | Software (8) | Top Tweets (12) | Webcasts (3)
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the Interview with Yann LeCun - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss how far AI is likely to go, how Data Science to Statistics is like Computer Science was to Math, Big Data hype and reality, and advice to beginning Data Scientists.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss what enabled Deep Learning to achieve remarkable successes recently, his argument with Vapnik about (deep) neural nets vs kernel (support vector) machines, and what kind of AI can we expect from Facebook.
- Viewpoint: Social Media Analysis: What is missing - Feb 15, 2014.
Social Media Analysis is a powerful tool if we discover customer sentiment from millions of online sources and not just go behind the numbers. Businesses are using the power of social media to gain a better understanding of their markets.
- Viewpoint: How analytics will drive the future - Feb 10, 2014.
The president of Verisk Innovative Analytics explains the paradigm shift from company-centric to customer-centric and the role of big data and bigger analytics.
- Comments on “Why your company should NOT use Big Data” - Feb 10, 2014.
Highlights from comments on a provocative article on NOT using Big Data. Big Data can be revolutionary, but it is not a substitute for thinking about the right goals and objectives.
- Viewpoint: Statistical Data Science, The Data Analysis Side - Feb 4, 2014.
There is no way a term like ‘Data Science’ be interpreted without including data analysis and statistics. The statistics toolbox is a large irreplaceable part of the lingua franca of science.